PS4 2083 Glitches/Freezing

Yes 2121. And why can you build firepit smoker and furnace on a floor inside your house but not your watercollector

just tested again now. Stacked crates next then chaos. Seagulls during the day bats at night. Also used to be ablr to put light hook on raft now not anymore

Must give you guys props. Dont know what u did but it worked. Im on day 51 i think. Havent gotten so far without freezing in years. Thanx

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re able to make it to Day 51 Demonhunter1107! That’s excellent news, I’ll let the team know.

Thanks for that additional info and screenshots. Can you confirm for me if this is a new save created for version 2121 or if it was created in the previous version 2116? I’m getting the team to double check the seagull/bat issue and I’m wondering if updating vs starting a new save could be a factor…

I’ll also let them know about the lighthook. Can you confirm if this is the hook being attached to the mast, or if it’s the freestanding hook?

Regarding building water stills inside, I believe this is because this design would require moisture and the sun to work and the decision was made by the creators to keep it outdoors. However I will pass on this feedback to the team.
Thank you as always for reporting your experiences and providing extra information.

Hi there. Just froze again on day 46 with new game im playing. Waterstill in sun doesnt make sence as ive made it on the ground but under roof more than once. Seagull bat situasion seems to be sorted hasnt happened yet in new game. Just freeze is frustrating. Confusing tutorials i watch on you tube guys have mansions. On my ps4 this is leaderboard attached for days alive and i freeze om 46???

1114-7685 days survived

Hi Demonhunter1107,

Thank you for this update. I’m sorry to hear you’ve crashed at day 46 with this new playthrough.

As you’ve started saves a number of times before, do you cycle custom islands to bring additional resources into the game for harvesting / building?

I know the team is looking into things that may push the limits of a save, including large amounts of additional resources being added.

Regarding the water still, the moisture and sun is a requirement of a similar setup producing water in real world situations as far as I am aware. I do not think direct sunlight in game affects it, but it is my understanding that the real world version affected the teams decision on placement.

I’m glad to hear that the seagulls and bats have not caused any issues in your current save.

Thank you also for the PS error code. Unfortunately CE-34979-0 is a generic code issued by PlayStation to confirm the game has crashed but does not detail the cause. I will pass on this to the team however.

This last attempt no custom islands were used. Just what game offers. It froze on 46 and then again on 47 aftwr not much was added. Just dont understand how some people play hundreds of days and i dont make 50.

Hi Demonhunter1107,

Thank you for answering my question regarding islands. I am unsure myself as to what could be causing this issue for you in your saves. As you said, others are able to get beyond this time frame without persistent freezing as you described in your save.

If you’re happy to, it may be worth the team having a look at your latest save if you still have it, to see if they can find a common factor between his and other saves you’ve sent or a clue as to what could be causing the freezes on your saves.

I know the team is investigating potential causes for crashing or freezing when saving, so they may be able to identify if this latest save matches any of their recent investigations.

One last question, can you confirm for me you have enough space in your internal console storage for your save files? I’m sure you do, but it was another thing that came to mind when I was trying to think of what could be causing your saves to hit this limit at roughly the same timeframe.

If you need the guide for transferring files, please see below:

1. Turn on PS4 / PS5
  2. Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the console.
  3. In the main menu, go to “Settings”
  4. Click on “Application Saved Data Management”
  5. Select “Saved Data in System Storage”
  6. Select “Copy to USB Storage Device”
  7. Select Stranded Deep
  8. Select all files and press “Copy”
  9. Wait until transfer is complete
  10. Remove External Drive
  11. Zip up all files copied to USB drive including “.bin” and “Profile” files
  12. Host the save files on google drive, one drive or similar and DM me the link. This allows me to upload the save as soon a possible for the team to look into.

Ive only used 170 of 408 Gb so storage less than half. Like ive said before never used to do this when i bought the game. All the problems started after the updates.

Hi Demonhunter1107, thank you for confirming that and I understand this has occured following updates for you.

If possible, a recent save may help the team to investigate further. In discussing with the devs, they are resolved some issues with crashes already for players but are not sure why this issue is persisting in yours and a recent save that experiences these crashes may help them to find the root cause of the issue.

I will do that save when i get around to it. But this is so stupid. Now when u want to build a house some places you can put on a roof and some says you cant build near a structure. But theres nothing there. Dont know what these guys are doing. Its like 1 step forward and 1 step back. And ive been playing this game more than 2 years. Its almost only game i play. So know what can go where and what cant. This just doesnt make sense

Stupid. Changes that are being made. Now when ur on ur raft while ur connected to your rudder u cant drop mast or anchor. U have to detach from mast to do anything. A person gets used to doing something for long time then they change it. Instead of changing stuff thst works why not create new things to do. Really unhappy … again.

Dpnt kmow what it is. Serious flaw its happened 4 times today 3 times last 5 minutes. Ill be busy chopping a tree or something and just out of nowhere get pushed to the side. Nothing else around me. All since last update this morning

Restarted the game after update roof problem fixed. Might have been because game was running mid update. That shoving thing whilst chopping wood carried on through the night. Very frustrating as u need to aim where to chop and get shoved away from where u were aiming. And again nothing else around me standing on a flat surface

That shuving thing happens while chopping hammering walking even under water while u get clay. Its a constant thing. See flares work alot shorter again. My potato patvhes seems to water themselves before i get around to do it. Not that im complaining about it. Lotsa changes that arent really working

Started over after update froze on day 25 and day 29. Before update i reached day 47 before first crash. Its worse now than its ever been

Thats the link as requested. Frerze games happened on slot 1 and 2. Others are deep in 40s i think

Hi Demonhunter1107,

I’m sorry for not getting to your other messages sooner.

Thank you for sending on a copy of your save files. I have uploaded them for the team. I have also included a list of each of the issues you mentioned above, and what resolved after reloading the game and what didn’t.

I believe the raft issue you mentioned may be the result of a fix to prevent other issues occuring for players but I will need to double check. While I understand some fixes do not always feel ideal and change gameplay flow for players, the team aims to reduce issues for the player base as best they can with these fixes and changes.

Should the team have any further questions about your saves or the issues you are experiencing, I will post them here.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your save files with the team.