[ps4][2074][multiplayer]items glitch between players

Hubby and I have 2 ps4s. Separate accounts, both wired internet (NAT2) I host. We have tried three separate starts now (one before 2074, 2 after) the first two included cartographer special islands. The newest one is base game no special islands to trial and error a solution to no luck. Setting is female, existing map, permadeath off, passive, volumetric clouds off. Every attempt we’ve played, there a disconnect between what one player sees in crates and what the other sees, player 2 constantly ends up with floating items and crates, some of which disappear when player 1 grabs it, other times player 1 can’t see it at all. Player 1 has to be watching player 2 place meat on smoker or it doesn’t exist for them. If an item is seen by only one player and they pick it up then put it down again within the other players view it becomes visible, that’s a huge hassle when only person is clearing ships. We’ve lost many items due to this glitch and really love this game (solo and multiplayer!) this issue seems to be anywhere from start to 45 min? Mostly constant the more days in. help!!

Seed
This number current game: slot 2, day 0 solo, day 8 multiplayer.

Extras
Yes temporary fix for up to 30 min only -Have you tried reloading your save, game or console?

Yes same results as above -Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting?

New slot, different settings (public/private, region, clouds on/off) no change -Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not.

Additional info; while our second try was overwritten, this was our first try end of Oct start before patches. The item glitch was the same as it is now (floating, disappearing or only one player can access) custom cartographer
-slot 1
-solo day 155, multiplayer day (unknown, will not load)
-seed # 10293751

Other fixes tried include player 2 saving/sleeping, being on same island vs different islands from each other, alternating variations of who sleeps/who saves, as per other post fixes to resync players. Watching clocks to check for sync (have yet to see them different)

Hi Wistariagold,

Thank you for shareing this detailed information (and the other information you shared in other posts too!)

The team are investigating the issues you described, I believe desync between players to may be causing trickle down effect for players.

Because you experience both desyncs and disconnects, I think the team would greatly benefit in having a look at a copy of your saves - I know you said one was overwritten, but if you have any at all that you are able to share that would be fantastic. The team can’t fix and return individual saves but they would use them in investigations and testing fixes so updates can be released for a community as a whole. If you’re happy to share your save files the details on how to do so can be found here: [Save File Request]

If you notice anything else occuring in your save with items or other multiplayer issues please do not hesitate to let me know and I will pass them onto the team. I can also flag any saves sent for followup issues if you experience them in the same save.

1 Like

Emailed yest, hoping I did it right! Good luck!

Thanks Wistariagold! I spotted it first thing yesterday morning and set about passing it onto the team right away. I sent a reply but it may have ended up in your spam folder.

Thank you for taking the time to send it to us! If the team have any questions about the saves I’ll post them here :slight_smile: but as far as I know they have successfully loaded them for testing.

1 Like