[PS4][2071][Gameplay] Can't interact with most things

Starting another new file, this one will be existing world, ran around island 4 and noticed something. The coconuts. Only one had spawned from all the trees and I’d noticed a significant decrease in coconut output. Also noticed a rather alarming number of inaccessible resources, palms of all sizes, small pines, etc that had loaded into cliffs and large rock, and both times this interaction glitch happened was after visiting a large island with large cliffs. Could be coincidental at 2/2 tries so I’m going to start a 3rd file soon. This time made it 13 days without this glitch. Will report findings with 3rd file if large cliff island environment triggers it again

1 Like

Another PS5 user that has got this issue. Seems fair to say it’s the new update. I’m on day 60ish. I currently have a save file that starts fine, but as soon as I get to the next island the problem begins. I noticed I couldn’t select my sail and then I couldn’t interact with anything when I got off the raft.

Reload, again all is fine until I reach the next island… Eat, Sleep, Raft, Repeat…

Devs - Just roll back to the previous version for a quick fix?

I tried a little more testing with a refined hammer, and noticed that if you drop it at sea level, you can always interact with it, but if you drop it at higher elevations, you can only interact with it for about the same amount of time it takes for a fish to despawn after you have skinned it. It can be interacted with for a few seconds, then it despawns, but you can still see it.

Me and my cousin was playing the game together. She’s on ps4 and I’m on PS5. We got to day 7 of surviving and the glitch happened on us. If I crouch down I can get close to an object we interact with it. But you have to be pointing basically at the ground and we could only interact with the Shelter and nothing else.

Happened after being under water. Seems I can access most stuff directly in the water by looking down at it by this specific angle you’ll have to figure out but things elevated on land are objects not intractable.

The sail also wants me to raise it when it’s up and lower it when it’s already down.

Single player solo crashes on ps5 when you try to save.

Hey guys, I have probably the same issue but Im not sure. Im playing on PS4 and just started. I saved the game abd after sone seconds I couldnt interact with anything. If I load the save I can do everything but after some seconds Its gone. I noticed that I CAN use stuff but only If I crouch and go as near as possible to the items, as If the command for how long your range is crashed or something, doesnt work on palm trees though. I hope you guys can fix this, good luck! :wink:

Just had another look at this problem. Again, load save game and all is fine. Stand still and do NOTHING and the problem comes at 3.26pm every time. This would suggest it has nothing to do with any user action at all and is a time based bug. Waited around for another 24 hours but it doesn’t fix itself. Broken game…

Definitely the detection of objects seems to do with height above sea level too. Everything in the sea was fine, low land with a crouch can work, anything higher is a no go.

Come on guys, fix the game. We paid for it and we wanna play

Absolutely agree with this.

After doing a bunch of testing when the issue was first reported, and reading the follow up reports during the day, that was my gut instinct.

The variables were too diiferent between everyones reports: time of day was different, weather was different, bats/seagulls present were different, islands visited were different, character status was different etc.

The most consistant variable was the fact that some many people posted on the same real life day. I would imagine most people played the game daily since the patch and therefore that is why we see so many reports the same day, and then some more the day after where people maybe didn’t play so much daily.

So I believe the trigger is the length of REAL life time played, either since the patch or from starting a new game on the current version.

Maybe anyone who starts a new game, somehow times themselves to see how long they play in real life time before it happens.

Maybe objects are slowly ‘sinking’ over time.

This is how I sum up the issue when it does happen (this is not a comprehensive list).
The important bit is whether you can highlight an object, as that determines whether you can interact (press square) or manipulate (chop palm, attack creature) them.
I’m also basing this on 3 types of object:
Interactable (pressing sqaure).
Static (trees of all types)
Moving (creatures)

Interactable - The closer they are to ‘sea level’. the more likely you are going to be able to get the interact prompt, usually by crouching and looking straight down. The further from sea level, the harder it became to pinpoint the sweet spot, until you couldn’t interact at all.

Static - Very similar to the Interactable items but the goal here is to get them highlighted, then you could manipulate them. So for example by looking staight down and slightly off a palm sapling to get it to highlight. Again distance from sea level seemed to affect this, as crouching sometimes improved your chances.

Moving - This is a difficult one, as even at sea level (or near enough), the spot to highlight, say a moving crab, was extremely difficult to get. Once you did though, you could hit/strike the object with success.

The 4th object which I didn’t do a lot of testing with was the raft. But it does act like Interactable objects near sea level. I could operate all the boat funtions (sail, rudder, anchor, motor) by looking staight down on them from above.

Edit becuase of typos.

1 Like

I am on PS4Pro and I cannot interact with anything either. Mine is only when I go to another island. As long as I stay on the island I saved on, everything is good. But when I travel to another island, as soon as I get into the other islands “space” or “zone” or however it’s coded, I lose almost all interactive controls. It’s like the hit boxes have all dropped down to the ground or are completely gone. I can’t put the sail up/down, can’t get into my crates on my raft or anything. As soon as I turn the raft around and get back into the original islands “space” I was on originally, all controls come back. Hope this helps get the issue fixed.

EDIT:

So it seems as all the hit boxes have dropped down to sea level as I can do stuff on the beach if I squat or in water. But as soon as I go up on land or aim in the air all hit boxes are gone.

EDIT:

Also does not matter if traveling to a custom island or game made island once about 1/2 way there all hit boxes drop out to a very low level. I can raise/lower my sail if I squat and get it juuuuust right.

So there it is developers. It’s when traveling to another island hit boxes drop out. Please fix ASAP.

Guess I will be traveling to islands and locating wrecks and stuff at a very low level. This is going to get old very quick.

Exactly how it is for me. There is no timing involved with the bug in my save. If I stay on my island I am fine. It’s when I travel that it triggers.

2 Likes

Items aren’t sinking slowly over time. They are sinking suddenly (probably down to sea level), and when you place an item higher up, it is still interactable for about 4 seconds (which is the same amount of time it takes for a fish to disappear when it has just been skinned), and then it suddenly becomes impossible to highlight or interact with. (I tried this with a refined hammer, but I also was looking at my shelter at precisely 6am, when I knew the bug is triggered on my save, and one second the shelter is there, and highlightable, and has the option to save, then the next second, it is suddenly not there; only an image of it is there.

Yeah it’s an instant problem like you say. One second it’s fine and the next it’s not. Hope it’s fixed quick so I can finish up the game. Just need to get some cans for fuel and it’s pretty much done for me!

1 Like

Okay so more information from me.

My husband REALLY wanted to play some more, so we restarted again with a newly randomized map with him as host. Starting Island had the plane wreck and a small fishing ship, so much more normal seeming. We did our normal start setting up a home base, hopped into the life raft, went to Island #2, gathered everything we could (1 fishing boat 1 Polynesian), went back home. Lather, rinse, back to #2. At this point, we had enough to make a small raft, which he drove home and I was in life raft.

We get home, everything is broken again. Ok, fine, I’m going to swim to Island #3, he swam to #4. Everything was fine on those islands for both of us. So we swam home, I arrived first and could interact at home until he reached a certain point (render, perhaps?) then everything broke again.

So, based on what we just witnessed, he controlled the raft so he “broke” the home island. But if he leaves the island and the raft, he can interact with any other island. I can interact with any island after driving the life raft, but if he (the host/breaker) is on the broken island, it is broken for me.

Edit for spelling

I just wanted to add that I hosted a multiplayer game played it for a while and it had the interactive issues. My gaming buddy then hosted a game and we tried it on his, same thing. My mom just hosted her first game online and it also stopped working. We all looked and every one of our games started having the interactive issues on day five! So three games all stopped working on day five

I just had to create an account to comment, this is blowing my mind the circles the devs or mods are running around here. It is, without a doubt 100% because of the co op patch that was just released. There is no weird theory about in game time of day or any of this other random nonsense. You guys can fix this by reverting the game to the previous version. Are the Stranded Deep devs so stubborn, they aren’t willing to admit the update wasn’t tested properly and needs to be re released at a later date?! This is absolutely ridiculous that none of us can play and waiting on devs that completely stay silent on their game and off social media. I just can’t wrap my head around how much useless back and forth there has been in the last 150 plus responses. It’s the update. That’s it. Revert it back. This is being handled absolutely atrociously and will only hurt the game more so on consoles. Where are the devs and why have they not made a statement on the issue? I’m literally at the end of the game with only one thing left to do and I can’t even do it and now will more or less sit around until maybe one day they might update it. If the past is anything to go on, I imagine the game will just stay broke for an indefinite amount of time. Loved the game, bugs and all but this nonsense and how it’s being handled has crossed the line. I know in the big scheme of things, none of this matters. They already got paid for the product and it’s already borderline non existent on consoles so I imagine they don’t have much of a want to fix it, but one can wish they’d give a damn about their few loyal customers. Though given their lack of presence at every turn throughout the games life cycle, I suppose they simple don’t.

4 Likes

Ah, ok. I didn’t say that. You must’ve replied to the wrong person.

Additional info…

I forgot to add this to my last post…PS4, day 80, save slot 1, no custom islands, old save, single player, wildlife passive, volumetric cloud on

And a NEW discovery I just made…

In my previous post I mentioned that the crates I brought to the island I couldn’t interact with at all, as well as my raft. Well, since there is about 2 minutes at the beginning of my load in I used that time to move it all right by the waters edge. I can now interact with it all when the problem starts.

Day 7. It happens to me on day 7.

I’ve tested this over and over and with 3 xbox systems. 3 new games 3 new saves. Day 7

@DanBurke420 , Thanks for the info