[PS4][2071][Gameplay] Can't interact with most things

It should be noted for a Dev to fix the issue they need to replicate the issue. On demand. That’s literally what my posting is about. To get that to happen so they can see why.

Because I continued playing the map I was playing before the update, and it triggers everytime on the 79/80th day, at 6AM

I still think it has something to do with the yukka fruit

When the first glitch happened for me, I woke up, left my hovel and ran towards my dock to hop on the raft. Then i noticed it. It hadnt been there the night before when i prepped my supplies, and i hadnt cut on a yucca for perhaps a week on the island in game before then. Im not saying its nothing to do with the yucca, but nowhere in that experience was it even remotely apparant that it was either

1 Like

Day 16 for us (this is our second try first try was around the same ) it’s first thing on the morning this time and a storm comes within a few minutes. Every time I log in to see. Things work for about a minute then stop, then the storm comes. There’s no yukka trees on this island (nor on the earlier game) but the current game I did find a fruit and plant it

Hello, I am also having the issue of not being able to interact with things on the island, I also am able to interact with some items by getting on top and crouching to access them but this is not possible for everything and nothing highlights when looking at it from a normal perspective. I have started several new games with brand new seeds and still run into the issue.

On two different seeds the issue happened on day 8 in game. In both games if I reloaded the save file and interacted with nothing the issue would still happen.

Game 1 the save file was on day 8 and the issue occurred at 17:40 every reload. I was on island 2 of 3 explored and this was my most built up island. I got off the first island on a built raft so I never used the life boat.

Game 2 the save file was on day 7 and the issue would happen on day 8 at 2:05 without interacting with anything other than highlighting to see when the interaction stops. If I sleep before this time the issue still occurs shortly after I wake up. I used a life raft to get to this island and it was the only island I explored from the starting island.

I have had this issue a few times now but the two above I payed a bit more attention to. During both games I felt lag after the ability to highlight items disappeared. For instance walking close to a tree stump would trip you up as if you walked straight into it, even tho you seemed to still be approaching it, or in one of the games I was able to drive my raft (3x3) but letting go and standing in the middle of it I would skip off into the water.

All games where this has happened have been

1. Shortly after I have done a lot of collecting items in the water by moving them around with the click and drag (L2 on PlayStation). Items like fish killed and dragged to land, or barrels from a ship.
  2. After several days on the same island 6+
1 Like

Exactly same thing happened to me but on day 11. It happened after dragging some tires and fish.

this is pretty much the exact same timeframes for me, its after travel and returning to my home island cant shut off sail, but can disconnect from rudder, then everything else isMIA!!!

just after the patch release I also kept getting an error code every time I tried to save with a sleeping bag, I have submitted the error reports mass amounts of times for the team to see on PS4

I think that by this point the dev team has already reproduced the glitch internally dozens of times and are working on the issue. This glitch is somehow unavoidable at moment, anyone who plays five or more days will encounter it soon or later.
Let’s be patient and wait for the patch, but if you noticed something suspect that we missed please share with us.
Also let’s thanks the devs and @Clare for keeping in contact with us, is very nice to see communication between the developpers and players.
:face_with_monocle:

The devs are getting paid right now to work on it. They arent forced labor or “doing us a favor”. Whoever put the patch through without testing for atleast 5 hours should be fired. If that means no devs refund all players and get a new job you can handle without robbing people.

We gave our money and devs broke our product we purchased due to being incompetent. To keep saying lets thank them is a joke its like thanking some guy for robbing you cus he said he will try to make it right later.

Id suggest everyone stop giving the people who did this free backrubs, hold them accountable, voice whats going on and how incompetent it is on every social site possible. Demand it be reverted until they fix it.

Whatever the code was when it worked put it back. Whatever dev DID know what they were doing at one point get them back pay them to fix your mistake. Should have been reverted back days ago.

The devs will take weeks or months trying to make a broken code work instead of using one they know works. They are creating a demand where there is none.

2 Likes

It is definitely not a ”7daybug”. It happened to us 4times during day 5 and I think it’s just a coincidence.

It happened every time on our main island. We think it has something to do with the tanning rack/making leather/ weapon pouches. Or with yukka trees/farming plots. They were linked to every time the bug started.

We are going to do a save without those things , hoping to find out something about the bug.

Ive had all 3 of my saves bug and never tanned or farmed. Its more likely that at around 5 days is when you usually start farming and tanning but try a new game without any of that and it will 100% break the game. Furthest ive gone is day 12.

It happens to me in 7 days and I seldom create the things mentioned.

I seriously doubt that…

Hey Dan… do you think its a 7 day thing… :smirk:

2 Likes

A free backrub for a free update is a fair deal to me. They could just stop working on this game and move to next project, thats why I respectfully desagree with you. I will be thankful for any free update I receive on a game I already paid for. Yeah, bugs happen, is their fault, but their mistakes shouldnt erase their merit, multiplayer was a amazing addition and Im excited to play with my friends once the game is back to normal.
Constructive criticism at this point are valid, lets not judge based on emotions.

1 Like

If you buy a car with cash. The manufacturer comes to your house takes it without your consent and breaks it so you can no longer use it. You dont thank them (well sounds like you would).

Im glad you got a chance to play and use the product you paid for. In my case i was never told the game was broken and purchased it 4 days ago only to find out it cant be used.

Yes they are required to fix it or be liable so your logic that they are doing everyone all these favors is false. They have bosses and people to answer to and so do those people.

If you think that this dev team is doing you a personal favor with the new “free upgrade” thats naive. They want to sell more copies by adding new features. Its about money. Money they have of ours that we have nothing to show in return.

1 Like

I think sony/Microsoft won’t deny your refund, have you tried? You bought a game that can’t be played, is beyond fair that you get your money back if you wish, I would do if I was you. I’m not being naive, I’m Just expressing my regards to this game still being updated years after being created, too bad that bugs can happen, is their duty to fix It and they will. Stranded is just a small Indie game that I follow for quite a long time, not perfect by no means but they keep working on it.
By the way, did you know that PC patch is a little bit ahead of console? I hope they bring more stuff for console soon.
But regard your situation, what will you do? I’m interested cus there may be more people in the same raft as you. Share with us.

1 Like

Mc21271…I think you are over reacting a bit too much. They definitely didn’t so this on purpose and are working hard trying to fix it. These things happen and there isn’t a game without bugs in it. So take a chill pill and do something else and come back later. It’s not the end of the world.

1 Like

Zuvu

I havent requested a refund from microsoft yet. Mostly because i assumed they would revert or correct it quickly after finding out it was because of an update. The game was EXTREMELY fun for the short time i played it.

Im getting ready to start Green Hell or buy a different survival game very very soon. Over 2 hours of read time through hundreds of posts checking every comment for a solution and havent seen a dev anywhere or updates.

I wanted to play so bad and to find out that the game DID work perfectly and COULD be reverted and is not is frustrating. I understand glitches and bugs have seen tons of others in this game like dropping my anchor and launching into outerspace. Something not working perfectly is reasonable but broken is different.

Im nobody. But i would never let this happen when all anyone on the team had to do is test it for 5 hours.

I am upset yeah. I cant even imagine people who have hundreds of days in game who may lose all progress because of this. Its a lack of respect for the players time to take thousands of hours from hundreds of players when they could’ve spent 5 of their hours actually testing it out first which is what they were paid to do and did not.

2 Likes