[PS4][2071][Gameplay] Can't interact with most things

Hi XRP_Andy, welcome to the forums, please see my post linked above more more details on the issue and Sam’s post here on the process involved in patching the game here: [PS4/XB1] Dev Update on Interaction Bug

As that post states there are a number of factors that can eat up time so we do not have an estimate on when this fix may be released, however as things progress if an estimate is able to be made by the team I will let the community know.

Hello, everyone, I share my experience in one player game (PS4) I get this issue and solve it with the turn off clouds, animals, and third person. It happened twice and do that solve temporarily.You can save with the glitch and you continue with it (You can save searching one point on the hut to save, only get the save option on one point)
But I tried to play the game multiplayer with a friend and he is the host, this bug crash the game and you can’t interact with nothing. We get this error after a save, so you could load the save and wait some time and you get the bug. Weather is normal and not matter what do you do the bug happens you can’t interact with things and you can’t fight neither.

• What time of day was it in game when this issue triggered? 18:00
  • Were you on and island or sailing? Land
  • Did you notice any usual sounds? Nope it happens after a while of started the save game
  • What was the weather like, any storms or rainfall? Clear weather
  • Were there any seagulls or bats present? Nope
  • When this occurs, can you intereact with items closer to the water? nop
  • If you stay in the game, does the interactions return and go again? nope
  • If this is occuring for you in a cycle, have you noticed if it lines up with an objects such as your water still refilling or items cooking? You can interact so you can’t check
    More Details:
    -We are traveling so we are on Chile right now (South America)
    -You can travel to another island and the glitch/bug happens again
    -The support player (not host) can disconnect from the game and join again to host and the game fix for some time. It takes some minutes and it bug again :frowning: there is no hour to happens again only a minutes after the player rejoin
    -You can save and the bug happens again.
    -Change the options (clouds, animals and view) don’t work
    -You can save on the hut on one point
    -You can’t interact with things, chop trees or kill animals so you can’t play at all
    My friend was very happy playing but with the glitch he is very pissed off he doesn’t want to play again before a patch will be applied :sob: :sob: so please make a patch!!
    PD:If anyone knows how to get fixed temporarily on multiplayer we will be grateful
    PD2: Do you need the multiplayer save?
    I hate sharks flip my little raft

Hi Clare, my birthday is next friday, it would be awesome if the team could fix the bug until them. It would definitely make a great birthday present.
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to play for two weeks and it’s very frustrating.
All luck to the team and that they manage to solve this problem.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi,
Sorry my english ist Little Bad, better German or italian
So i have this Trouble in to the game…
I cant make nothing, Palm cant Cut, craffting is not working, i swimming to another Island but nothing i cant make zero…and the sound Is transforming likes robotic suond…
Thanks

I’m having the same problems

@bangme77 das Problem ist bekannt und wird aktuell von den Entwicklern gefixt, siehe unten das letze Update von Clare (Forum-Admin) zum Stand vom 11. Oktober. Heißt: nachdem der Fehler nachgestellt werden konnte, haben sie nun einen Fix gebaut, der jetzt in die Qualitätssicherung geht, d.h. Es wird getestet, dass das Problem wirklich damit behoben wird, und dass (hoffentlich) auch keine neuen Fehler dadurch auftauchen. Wenn alles ok ist, wird das Team auf den verschiedenen Plattformen (Playstation/ XBox, etc.) ein Zeitfenster für das Einspielen des Updates beantragen, die Hersteller prüfen natürlich auch alles noch mal, bevor sie das Go geben, dadurch verzögert es sich ebenfalls, bis das Update also tatsächlich für die Gamer zur Verfügung steht. Clare wird uns hier im Forum auf dem Laufenden halten, hoffen wir mal, dass der Fix ok ist und sie ein frühes Zeitfenster zum Einspielen bekommen (wir werden uns aber vermutlich noch etwas gedulden müssen). Hoffe ich konnte dir weiterhelfen, das Forum wird leider ausschließlich auf Englisch geführt, daher werden keine Übersetzungen der Statusupdates geliefert. Im Zweifel schick mir gerne ne PM, vielleicht kann ich dir weiterhelfen.
@Clare I know it’s probably not in line with the rules of the Forum, however I‘m trying to help German Players who don’t speak much English by translating your latest Statusupdate, hope this makes sense to you too.

1 Like

Thank you @Bocat for providing your reasoning and for helping other users. :+1: - usually a 1:1 translation being included is prefered but as this is an explanation of the quoted section I don’t mind :slight_smile:

Thank you again.

As this thread has become very big, please do not post new bug repports here. If you’d like to report an issue, please create a separate bug report and I’ll get back to you asap.

Sharing your experience of the issue is no problem, but please be aware that I may not have time to respond to each individual comment.

I realized as well that bats and some of the hammers and axes even the crude hoe falls through floors , if I kill a bat it falls through the floor. I set somethings down and boom falls through the floor. 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😅

Hi, I went to an island to look for resources and when I returned to my first island I could no longer interact with most things.

Extra information:
I went on the raft that they give you at the beginning of the game.

I made a shelter on the visited island, because I was there approximately 4 or 5 days (game time) on the island.

On the new island that I visited, everything worked well.

Before going to visit the new island, everything worked on the main island

Platform: PS4

I started the game a few days ago.

Just experienced this bug. It was right after setting a bird trap, I saved the game and then pinned a recipe for a refined pick axe. After that I couldn’t select interact with mostly everything on my island except for a handful of items in a single location. At first I thought it had to do with pinning the recipe. Platform is PS5. Just downloaded the game 2 days ago.

For me, I have been on 1 island now for quite a while. I explored all others and gathered many resources, and spent most of my time building and making my base island .
I hadnt noticed this Interaction Bug untill I took my raft to a different island and tried to cut trees , pick plants, smash rocks and the like … None of this was working .
I tried 2 other different islands and its the same issue. cant chop a tree, yukka or anything of real need.
The Island I am on when I load the game seems to be fine. I can pick my plants and fruit, build, light fires, cook food all the essentials. Just I cant do anything on any other island.
There was an update the other day but I think that was just to add the multiplayer function. which seems to have buggered the game up some.
Apparently this Interaction Bug has been a thing for over a week now.
I hope they fix it really really soon.

Hi all, please see my update in the Known Issues post - the fix has started rolling out for XBox and the PlayStation one should be released shortly - [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

@BiggaFEAL - I see you have already posted there, please do not duplicate messages across threads. Regarding the update released the other day, there was a technical update required for the PlayStation version. The Update before that was for Multiplayer and is when the interaction issue started.

It’s still bugged. There is the bug of interaction yet

A post was split to a new topic: [2073] Multiple issues

The interaction bug hit me again.
Day 80 on a custom island
Multiplayer in a private lobby alone
Bug started after searching through the cargo ship.
I can interact with things close to shore.

I’m sorry to hear this issue is still occuring for some people. The team are reinvestigating this issue. If this does occur for you, please try the workaround of turning wildlife off via the main menu to see if that helps ease the issue and let me know if it does.

is the game fixed now? both interaction and save/load bugs?

Solo mostly seems fine from my experience to play. Both interact and save bugs have been patched. I’m still having various issues with co-op play.

Hi Marcelo_Futado,

The interaction issue and save/load issue were patched however there has been some reports of this issue occuring for a small number of players on the forums after the updates. The team are continuing to investigate these along with other issues reported by players. I would recommed keeping a backup of your save where possible, just in case.

Other players have also reported that starting a completely fresh save in version 2074 has resulted in them having next to no issues during gameplay. I understand this is not ideal for some players but felt it was worth mentioning should you wish to try it.