[Nintendo Switch] [1.02.571][Detection Issue] Unable to interact with environment

I just lost several in game days of play due to my character being too tired/dehydrated because the game glitched and I was unable to interact with anything on the island. The game did not detect that I was standing in front of the tent to sleep, it did not recognize that I was trying to interact with the rain catcher. It would not let me open the wooden crates I had around that had rations in them. But it would recognize the tools that I had on the ground.

I thought that perhaps this was caused by the cell loading improperly when I sailed back to the starting island earlier, so I sailed to a nearby island where I also had a tent and a rain catcher. It would not allow me to interact with those, either. I died while trying to resolve the issue.

This occurred when my character was on day 86 and I had been playing for less than an hour when it happened. This is not the first time that this has occurred, but it corrected itself previously after a couple of minutes. This time, it did not.

This happened while all of the settings were in the default mode.

The issue resolves when I reload the game save, but I did not wish to do that when it started happening because I had just sailed to three different islands scavenging and did not wish to lose the items I was bringing back for construction. So much for that idea. heh

Thanks,
MacReady

MacReady I am a player too. At first I thought the reason you wouldn’t be able to interact was because your guy was too tired. Then I saw that you were around day 86. Just so you know a lot a players are having problems around day 86. It’s not only on Nintendo, it is also on XBox and PlayStation. I thought I let you know so you don’t feel alone in the frustration. It has also been reported several times. Hopefully, it is one of the things they are working on.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on that.

I’m making it a point to build a shelter/save point on most islands I visit now to be able to avoid this in the future. It was quite irritating because I had dragged a lot of supplies back that I don’t recall where I found. Oh well, live and learn. haha

Hi MacReady,

I’m sorry to hear this issue is occuring in your save. Thank you for reporting this issue. I will pass the details of your experienced onto the team working on the Switch version (they are separate to the PS4 and XB1 version).

Please let me know if you’ve noticed anything falling through the world during gameplay or if you’ve found snakes or hogs to be missing on larger islands when visiting them.

Players on XB1 and PS4 have reported that resetting the wildlife spawn cycle by removing them has helped to ease this issue for a time. You may also find you can interact with items closer to the water level or if you stand/crouch directly over them and look down. I know these workarounds are not ideal, but hope they may be able to help you in the meantime.

A post was split to a new topic: [PS4][2074] Lost skills and interaction bug

Hi Clare,

I have definitely had objects (planks, fish smaller than grouper, occasionally a tool) fall through the world on occasion. Typically happens on slightly higher sandy areas. I’ve also encountered palm trees falling into cliffs when chopping them down.

I’ve only found snakes on one island so far (out of around 15 or so explored), but hogs have been plentiful.

-MacReady

Hi MacReady,

Thank you for letting me know. I’ll include this information in my report for the Switch team!

If you notice anything else, please do not hesitate to let me know and I’ll pass it on.