New bugs v.2121 (PS5)

-The disappearance of all elements of filling the island at the stage of crossing the border of loading islands in the ocean (only a bald piece of land is displayed) and loading objects as the distance decreases.

-Increased the frequency of game crashes when trying to save, even after 5-10 minutes of play.

In co-op:

-Islands partially cleared of resources (on the new island within the framework of the new game there was only a container frame, no panels, there were no coconuts on the palm trees, there were no animals). This bug was noticed by the owner of the lobby in the framework of the direct game for two. In multiplayer mode with a solo game at the moment no bug has been found.

-Shifting the position of the meat in the smokehouse.

I just came here to post about the island contents disappearing on approach, so I’ll add to this thread.

I’ve noticed some of the rocks in the water around the islands also seem to be popping in later than they used to. I can’t even avoid them in time now. Not sure if related to the bug above of not loading in the islands properly.

I’m also still getting crashes on game saving.

PS5 2121
This is definitely new to 2121. I was playing 2116 for a couple of weeks before 2121 came out and I didn’t see this issue once.

1 Like

Oh my days i see what you mean, i went on earlier on ps4 the draw distance now is absolutely terrible! Sailing at night now at certain distances the islands all dissapear conpletely

another bug that is happening in multiplayer and the boxes, I’m from the s series and when I enter my friend’s game I have this bug of the island and the boxes that are empty and with flying items and animals.

Hi Shturman889,

Thank you for reporting these. I’ve responded to each below.

Islands loading in delay:
I’ve recorded your report of this to an existing report the team was investigating.

Increase of crashes:

• Do you have multiple locations on multiple islands where you save, or do you have one shelter or bedroll you use as a single save point in game?
  • Do you have a lot of loose items on your island? Or large constructions and a significant amount of gathered resources?
  • Do you cycle custom islands for adding additional resources?

Co-op Island resources:

• From your comment my understanding is that after starting a new multiplayer game, an island was found to have no resources on it. And though you were not the host of the game, you know the host also saw and was affected by this issue. Is this correct?
  • Can you confirm for me if these were custom islands added to the map or game-generated islands?
  • If they are custom islands were the islands cycled for resources in this save at all in the early in-game days?

Meat Smoker:

• Please elaborate on this further. Is the meat changing position without a player interacting? Does player 2 see it in a different position or do both players see it in a different position? Please also let me know if it occurs over the course of a gameplay session or if it happens after a save and load or traveling to and from an island.

@Dark_Morelia, thank you for providing your own take on the islands loading in and that video clip. I’ve added them to a report on this issue for the team to reference.

For reference, WindblowBark95’s seperate report was responded to here - The guest gets the empty chests and flying items and animals too

Hello Claire.

Crash increase:

-I save the game in one place, at the moment I have one base on one island.

-Yes, there are a lot of loose things on the island, most of them are boxes placed off the shelves, because the boxes on the shelves cause the box movement error. This error is also observed on xbox, but on xbox people with massive bases and a huge number of loose objects lying in different places of the base do not have any crashes of the game with an error, therefore the problem is not in the number of loose things.

-Yes, I use custom islands and don’t leave any items behind on custom islands + change them to new ones to continue grinding.

Cooperative Island Resources:

-Not sure if the organizer saw the same, but as a guest I had no panels on containers, no coconuts on palm trees + no animals on the island.

-This was the original island, not a custom one.

Meat smoker:

-For the host of the world, the meat is displayed in the normal position, I tested this moment in my world. However, for the guest, the meat slides off the thread a little back and to the left, leaving the meat smoker on the left side. As far as I understand, the master of the world at such a moment continues to see the meat in its normal position.

Besides. Sam replied to my comment in another thread on this, but the free-placement of the beds should be back in the game, which allows the base to be beautifully designed and does not cause any errors. This is a necessary and sought-after option, which now simply does not exist, which greatly hits the desire to try to be creative, there are too many restrictions. I can’t even place a bird trap on a makeshift pier above the surface of the water…

@Dark_Morelia Thank you for highlighting this. I have found the offending change between v2116 and v2121 and this issue will be fixed for the next update.

@Shturman889 We have identified a cause for structures shifting position in multiplayer games and are working on a fix. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi Shturman889,

I see Sam replied above, but I also wanted to follow up with your reply.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

From previous reports from players, it appears that a large collection of loose items on an island can have an impact on gameplay, including crashes. However I understand that this is being used as a workaround for the crates desyncing and not showing items for player 2.

The team is also aware that cycling custom islands and using them to add more items and resources to the game can start to push it to its limits and be a factor in crashes or other issues occuring in game.

The resources not showing up on an island as player 2 could be a desync in the island loading in. Was the island stuck this way for you or did / do you have the chance to leave the island and report to try reloading the island?

Thank you for confirming what is happening with the meat smoker and your additional feedback.

Hey Claire. No, I wasn’t stuck on that island and could leave it freely, but that save file was already deleted for other non-bug reasons, I can no longer check any aspects related to the disappearance of resources on the island. However, if this problem appears again, then it was probably not some kind of failure, for example, when saving the game, but a system bug. In that case, I will report it again. However, a new problem was noticed, probably related to some kind of network bugs. I played as an organizer and the guest in my world didn’t see the raft, but could see the racks and the boxes placed on them. This issue recurred after a normal game restart and disappeared after a console restart. At the same time, I saw the raft, and the guest saw everything as in the screenshot.

Hi Shturman889,

I’m sorry for my delay in responding to your thread. Thank you for answering my question and for sharing that additional info and screenshot. I will pass this information onto the team.

As you are on PS5. It may be worth the team having a look at your save(s) if you’re happy to share a copy. The team do not fix and return individual saves but would use your save to try to replicate issues and test fixes for release to players as a whole.

If you’re happy to share your save(s), the following instructions should work for the PS5:

To access the file:

1. Turn on PS4 / PS5

2. Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the console.

3. In the main menu, go to “Settings”

4. Click on “Application Saved Data Management”

5. Select “Saved Data in System Storage”

6. Select “Copy to USB Storage Device”

7. Select Stranded Deep

8. Select all files and press “Copy”

9. Wait until transfer is complete

10. Remove External Drive

11. Zip up all files copied to USB drive including “.bin” and “Profile” files

12. Host the files on Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or similar, and DM me a link to the files. I can then upload them for the team.

Thank you.