The guest gets the empty chests and flying items and animals too

For the topic title above, please use the format:
[Xbox series s][2121][Affected Topic] Post Title
For example: “[XB1/PS4][1820][Audio] Sharks singing too loud at night”
The game version number can be found at the bottom left of the main menu.

For the main post please follow the summary as best you can:
Feel free to edit and replace each section with your own info.

Summary
When I enter my friend’s server, I have the materials flying and animals too, in addition to having the chests with nothing when I open them.

Seed

Settings
My version is at 2121 I’m from Xbox series s, I’ve restarted the console and reset the internet, but I still have the server error.

Steps
My friend plays through xcloud, but I’m sure the error doesn’t come from that.

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console? Yes

-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting? No, because I don’t know how to do that.

-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not. When I entered the game and realized that it was buggy, I ate or broke something, then I asked my friend to save (because I couldn’t save because an error appeared) and close and start the map Again, but this solution is no longer working.

-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue. After 3-4 seconds I am disconnected from the game.

-Images / Links - If you have any images or clips of the issue happening, please include them . I have some

Hi WindblownBark95, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for reporting this and for providing details of your setup and experience.

It sounds like what you’re experiencing is primarily caused by a desync between the host of the game and your own game.

The team are aware of the issue with the crates and are investigating multiplayer desyncs. The workaround for this is to have the host take the items out of the crates and replace them. This will allow you to see the items. However we understand this is not an ideal workaround because this will reset each time you join the game.

Please let me know:

• Are you playing in the same household using the same connection, or are you one separate connection?
  • What is your ISP and router type? (If your friend is on a different connection, and if possible, please let me know their ISP and router type)
  • What is the NAT type of both internet connections? This can be found in the network settings in your console. Your friend may need to look up how to find their NAT type if they’re using xcloud.
  • While the crate issue is one the team are aware of, can you elaborate more on the flying materials and animals? Are they floating in the air outside of the crates (eg: Fish are stored in the crates but you see them floating outside of them, but when opening the crates, cannot see them inside) ? Or do they appear to be floating around the island, or are thrown up when you log in and then land back on the ground?
  • Does your friend have a lot of loose items gathered on their base island or do they cycle custom islands to gather resources and bring them back to the base island?
  • While it would be an alternate save, have you tried hosting, and if so, do similar issues occur on your friends side?

Any additional information you can provide about your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hello clara
Yes I’m using the same network.

I’m from Brazil, I use a branded network of course with a router that has 2.4 and 5g.

mine and my friend’s nat is open.

So of course animals to me don’t walk normally or anything, they kind of get stiff walking and when I open the boxes they are empty and their materials are flying out of it (stopped in the air) and the case of saving, I can’t save the game because a message appears telling me to save later.

We have some loose items on the island, but when we run out of resources, we take the boat and go to an island, then we go back to the previous island.

My friend is not having any problem, everything is normal for him.

Another thing that I noticed, which was also clear, was the case with the watch, when I was bitten by a snake, it didn’t show that I was poisoned, when my friend saved and left and when we came back later I was almost dead and food, water and life super low, as if the watch does not show the statistics.

I await your help😉

Hi WindblownBark95,

Thank you for answering my questions.

The team is aware of and are investigating issues that can occur for players that are on the same network, however in some cases this is a known issue for consoles outside of Stranded Deep. If possible, please try using an alternate connection, such as a hotspot, for one of you to see if the connection improves and the desync reduces. This may help to rule out your connection being a factor in your issues.

I am unsure if Spectrum is available as a service provided in Brazil, but the team have also discovered an issue that occurs between Spectrum and the service used for connecting multiplayer games. I unfortunately do not know of a,workaround for this issue.
While I understand the issue with not being able to see items in crates for player 2 can affect gameplay. Please try adding any loose items, crates or piles where possible to check if it helps the gameplay in general. It’s been reported in the past that lots of loose items can affect gameplay if an island has a lot of items on it.

When the issue with the poisoning occurred, was this before the most recent update, or during a gameplay session in version 2121? I know the team is investigating stats and statuses not updating in game until a reload. I will add the info you shared to that report. Please also let me know if you noticed any other stats for your character or other items not updating until a reload.

Thank you again.