[Known Issue] "Who Needs the Sea Anyway?" Trophy Unlocking Issues

Issue Summary:
“Who Needs the Sea Anyway?” Trophy not unlocking for players after conditions (below) are met.

One of each plant planted in a farming plot on the same island
-Ajuga
-Aloe
-Kura
-Pipi
-Potatoes
-Quwawa
-Wavulavula
-Yucca

Please note that this trophy must be attempted on a game-generated island only. Attempts on custom islands will not unlock this trophy.

Workarounds:
Though the trophy is unlocking for some players, the workaround is not yet clear. If you have unlocked the trophy please describe your setup and when you noticed it unlocking. If you have yet to unlock it, please try…

• Using different farming plot types, including sticks
  • Planting the plants all at once
  • Placing farming plots in close proximity to each other on the same island
  • Farming both leaves and fruit from the Yucca a number of times
  • Letting the water run down and then filling each plot up again.

Player workarounds

From @Etje50’s comment below:
None of your suggestions helped me get the trophy Clare. Then I went to another island, where I hadn’t built yet. I took all the ingredients on my raft to place 8 plots and 8 plants. I placed 3 Corrugated Farming Plots, 3 Plank Farming Plots and 2 Wood Farming Plots in 2 rows of 4 close together. After placing the 8 plants, the trophy unlocked for me. I play the game on a PS4 pro.

Planting and replanting the planters with the 8 plants until the tophy pops has worked for some players.

Please see DragonTech’s comment below that highlights what worked for them in unlocking this trophy - [Known Issue] "Who Needs the Sea Anyway?" Trophy Unlocking Issues - #4 by DragonTech

Chiasson commented below the following method worked for them:
“i had this issue even though i had atleast 2 of e everything on my home base island. (not starting island). so i crafted enough planks for 8 plots. picked one of each and sailed to the neighboring island. i put the plots in 2 rows of 4 right next to each other. then planted everything all at once. trophy instantly popped. then i just broke them down and got my planks back.”

Batman commented on the thread PS4 [2009] trophy bugged - #25 by Batman
“I got this today, I destroyed all my plots with all 8 plants then rebuilt all 8 corrugated metal plots and replanted all fresh crops that I picked right before I destroyed all of them. On my home base with no trees left with no coconuts. The trophy popped right after I planted the last plant. All my plots were not close to touching each other also.”

None of your suggestions helped me get the trophy Clare. Then I went to another island, where I hadn’t built yet. I took all the ingredients on my raft to place 8 plots and 8 plants. I placed 3 Corrugated Farming Plots, 3 Plank Farming Plots and 2 Wood Farming Plots in 2 rows of 4 close together. After placing the 8 plants, the trophy unlocked for me. I play the game on a PS4 pro.

1 Like

Hi Etje50,

Thank you for sharing that info and detailing what did work for you, I shall update the info above with your workaround in the hopes that it may help others and share your info with the team members investigating this issue!

Hello, I would like to report my findings here. Trophy was earned on 17 June 2021

I had the same issues before, even when I had had all planks and planted at the same time. Reading some comments, I decided to go to a different island.

I went to a custom island as opposed to a generated one as the issue I was experiencing was on one such island.

As you can see above, you can view my previous arrangement and then my new arrangement when I arrived on the new island. (Take note that none of the plots are touching each other)

Items used:

Planks x 16 = 8 Plots
1x Ajuga
1x Aloe
1x Kura
1x Pipi
1x Potatoes
1x Quwawa
1x Wavulavula
1x Yucca

I did not need to water the plots to full as the trophy unlocked a few seconds after planting the last plant.

So maybe this can help. I would suggest saving the game before undertaking this task incase it doesn’t work so you can try again on another island.

1 Like

Hi DragonTech - Thank you for posting what worked for you and for that useful layout image! I’ll highlight this comment in the post above and pass this info onto the team :smiley:

1 Like

i had this issue even though i had atleast 2 of e everything on my home base island. (not starting island). so i crafted enough planks for 8 plots. picked one of each and sailed to the neighboring island. i put the plots in 2 rows of 4 right next to each other. then planted everything all at once. trophy instantly popped. then i just broke them down and got my planks back.

1 Like

Hi Chiasson,

Thank you for confirming this work around worked for you and for letting us know you did so using only plots made from planks, I’m glad to hear you were able to unlock the trophy using this method.

1 Like

I have been trying to get this trophy, using every workaround listed, every time there is an update for PS4. Still no joy. I’ve tried a default island, an island I spawned. My home island, default and spawned. The starting island and have even gone as far as putting plots on every island on the map. Not sure if somebody has an idea not posted here, but any help would be appreciated.

In order for me to get it to work i had to go to a new island, build 8 farm plots then plant all 8 plants at the same time

Hi Chromedragon,

I am sorry to hear the workarounds for this issue have not worked in unlocking this trophy so far for you. I will pass the details of what you have attempted onto the team. If Lothaer’s suggestion below (thank you Lothaer for sharing!) works for you, please do let me know.

I had already tried Lothears suggestion on multiple islands. I’ve been debating if the trophy is worth destroying every plot I have, on every island, and starting from scratch. It’s all I can think of that hasn’t been suggested yet. I’m thinking that I will just start a new playthrough and get the platinum that way. A lot less of a headache.

Hi Chromedragon, sorry for my delay in responding to you.

Thank you for confirming you had tried Lothears suggestion. I will pass this ontot the team.

One thing I double check and I noticed that was missing from the post above (and I’ll add after posting this) is that this achievement will only unlock on a game generated island. So if you do decide to restart, I would focus on trying to unlock on game generated islands only. However from your previous post I know you’d already tried this and custom islands and neither resulted in you recieveing the achievement.

I will update the team with the information you provided and if you unlock the trophy in your new save, please do let me know.