[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Stuck in "Cleaning Up" phase on load

I’ve enjoyed your game so much that it literally changed the way I play games. I’ve always been an inverted y player, but you were so so slow with that that, because I loved this game so much, I had to relearn video game movement. I am currently in my upper 40s and have literally played video games since I was 6. Yet, your game drew me in so strongly that I altered my playstyle so I wouldn’t have to miss playing stranded deep while I waited for your(very simple) patch… Took a good while.

Forward to now. I’ve been revisiting the experience and remembering why I loved it.

Then… Yesterday, I can’t access my saved game. Many hours in type of game… “Cleaning up” is all i get in terms of information. Never loads though …

So many hours seemingly wasted.

Decide to start a new game, seeing as how much of enjoy, sometimes therapeutically … Only to have the same issue.

I can’t put in time I don’t get back… And you shouldn’t be selling a randomly wasteful experience.

Please fix or add a warning about investing one’s time.

Thank you, your loyal fan,

[Personal details removed -Clare]

2 Likes

Just got updates 1.10 and 1.11 Same. PS4 solo player stuck at clean up loading screen. It saved fine at new island (used bed) then I was going to skin crabs when it crashed.

@xTrip I’ve never killed any sharks in my games and I have the same problem, so killing or not killing sharks is a red Herring (no pun intended).

1 Like

Hi
I began playing again after the Interaction Bug fix. Went to a new island, spent the night gathering. Built a shelter, hit ‘Save’. The message on the left side of the screen telling me the game saved, appeared but was much brighter. Then the outline of the shelter went white, and the game crashed. Restarted the XB1. Now stuck at ‘Cleaning’.

Just soooooo frustrating that I/we waited 2 weeks for the last patch, to then play it for less than an hour.

Please tell me that this new bug/patch will be your top priority. Obviously the game is currently unplayable. Again.

I thought so. Just sharing since the sharks were the only common factor with me. But I just got v1.11 downloaded and installed and it seems like it worked!

1 Like

Same! So annoying!! I can’t believe how badly this coop cause the game to break down. I hope they fix it ASAP!!

I too have had this issue with my Xbox One X.
I was only on day 12 on a fresh Slot. It froze while saving. Then got stuck on the “cleaning up” stage of loading.
After trying all the known tricks like clearing the Cache, hard reset, etc. Nothing worked so I started a new game. I hated losing all my progress. I had a really good map.
Anyways, I used the existing Map “seed” and after day 2 I tried my first save and it Froze again.
Sooooo. I started a new game again but changed to a random map seed.
Have had no issues since.
Seems the map seed becomes Corrupted??

Hopefully this new save keeps working.
Cheers

It’s actually becoming laughable how awful the console devs actually are

They fixed the intervention bug that BROKE the game so fair enough. But that took them 17 days.

Now we CANNOT save any of our games. I’ve got a brilliant save I’ve created which I can’t even play because you idiots don’t test any of your updates before releasing them.

You’ve broken the game AGAIN and you don’t seem to care that you’re losing so many players becaus of all this.

Guess we’ll be waiting another 2 weeks.

it’s insane how awful the console devs are. Yet another bug that has broken the game. You cannot play it again. What don’t they understand. They are losing players. I’ve deleted now I cba with all this crap

Can you comtact Sony for a payback? I heard its possible like with that Cyberpunk disaster, do you have any experiecne?

You guys should hire more ppl to help work on this game cuz this is a real joke

Well this issue only occurred for me during the 1.10 patch just before 1.11 was release to fix the save glitch where it would freeze up when saving, and then when I closed the game to try and reload that’s when it would get stuck on “cleaning up” issues may be link or directly related

UPDATE 10/17

Thank you to everyone who shared their experience of this issue. The team have released an update on PlayStation and are currently working on getting the XBox version released as soon as possible.

I’m sorry to say that due to the nature of this issue the fix will prevent the issue from happening again, but it cannot restore pre-existing saves affected by the issue.

I know how disappointing this issue is, and there is a wide range of saves that were affected by this. Both myself and the team appreciate everyone sharing their information about this and reporting it as quickly as you did. Thank you for your patience and understanding while they worked to get this fix out asap.

3 Likes

Thats cool thanks for that super fast update. As i just started i can live with the fact that the save is lost, but for those who spent many days into the game i feel sorry :frowning:

Thanks @Clare and the dev team for quick turn around. Appreciate it. One think I thought I’d mention, I don’t think I will be playing the game again despite how much I enjoy it. I was on day 18 or so, finally got quite a set up, provisions mainly looked after, starting to properly explore further away islands.

The thought of putting all those hours back into the initial grind, when I don’t have heaps of time for games anymore, is daunting. Especially as it is possible that another bug will just come along in a week or two and corrupt that file again.

This isn’t an attack on the team or anything, just where I’m out, think many others may be too. Thanks for fun game.

@Clare just a quick one i know you said the xbox patch is coming which is fantastic thank you for the speedy update. But if we have a save that hasnt been affected by the save glitch after the update will we be able to still use it ? Or will we still have to create a new one ? Either or is fine by me if it means i can play the game lol its just when all this save glitch started i stopped playing and just been waiting for a update if you cohld let me know thanks :blush:

Hi Charlie1992, I’ve been told that while the saves already affected cannot be fixed, this issue shouldn’t occur moving forward. This includes pre-existing saves and new saves. I have not been told players will need to make entirely new saves to continue playing.

I understand however if players wanted to remain cautious and backup saves where possible before continuing them once the fix is released.

1 Like

@EDenney I had that same reaction yesterday after reading some of these posts :grinning:

1 Like

@Clare thanks clare :+1:

@Clare great news! Hope the console issue gets fixed soon!!!