[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

XBox series S, 2071

Started playing Stranded Deep about 5 days ago, new game, seed #41151417. Midday on day 6 the glitch hit, during a storm, and immediately after just killing a giant crab. Had just sailed to second island. I did kill a snake on original island. I dropped a plank on original island that morning which disappeared, but I crouched and was able to interact and pick it up.

Loaded a new game on another save slot. Seed #55198040. Managed to play until day nine. I was on my third island. Saw no snakes at all. Was a clear day. Nothing disappeared into ground. Luckily I had saved after sleep at 8am game time. At exactly 10.25am glitch happened. After reading forums here, spent the next two hours reloading and trying every setting in options, tried just standing still, swimming, sailing, climbed up a palm tree…Every time at 10.25 it glitches. I was planning on loading up on water and I already had plenty of smoked meat and just trying to wait and survive as long as possible to see if the glitch does cycle…but I really couldn’t commit. Not that much patience.

Loaded my original save from when I purchased game back in June 2020. Seed #10677914. Hadn’t played in over 12 months. Was 59 days in. Played until day 69 before glitch. Saw no snakes but I had already visited local islands previously.

As well as all methods mentioned here and on forums, I also hard powered off XBox, but no dice. Last thing was thinking maybe uninstall game and reload. Would lose saves, but might work.

Hope this helps

Havent seen any rattle snakes but i did hear one it was either in a rock or under the map

Temp fix here. Games working

Hey guys figured something out about the workaround and temp fix.

I got mine working after trying 1000 combinations of things and narrowed it down.

Removing the animals DOES work. But theres a few steps if you already removed animals before.

Do this :

Have animals turned to default and load your bugged game.

Wherever your at probably dosent have animals because you mightve had it off. They wont spawn in where your at even if you turned it back on.

Leave the cell your in with animals turned on. Go to another island it will spawn in animals. Go on the island and save it with animals still on.

Exit to menu turn animals off in menu and load your game.

It has to be saved with animals turned to default PLUS there being animals in your cell like boars crabs. Exit to menu BEFORE you load in change animalss to OFF.

Okay, I’ve had to do a lot of tidy up in this post since my last message.

• Keep this post on topic, this is an information post for this issue. Genuine feedback on the game is welcome, but this is not the place for it.

• Keep posts civil and respectful.

• Accusations and presuptions about the team and their intentions are against the forum rules.

• Avoid non-constructive posts and “Doom and Gloom” posts.

Continuing to break the rules will result in a your account getting a time out. If this post continues to go off topic it will be locked.

As I stated before, feedback, both positive and negative on the game is fine. But this is not the place for it.

If you see an issue, flag it and I will deal with it.

5 Likes

Turning off animals is not working for me. Glitch started when I travelled to my third island and killed the wild boar and giant crabs. Tried the recommended steps in one of the earlier posts but couldn’t make anything happen. Some items are interactable over sea level such as lockers inside shipwrecks but I have to point to the lower part to interact. Same goes for containers and ship doors.

Sorry about the horrible copy/paste but was trying to keep the whole ‘timeline’ together…

Just adding to this.

I DISABLED ANIMALS only in the Main Menu settings. Loaded in to the game and I could interact with everything normally. I re-enabled animals.

Again I played about 7 in game days and then the bugged re-occured again. This time I DISABLED ANIMALS only, but in the during game menu, and everything was working again.

This seems to consistantly alleviate the bug for me for a while.

Interesting note though (as it seems to relate to ‘height’ and ‘dropping’…

At one point when I was playing I jumped from my new tall house to my old small one, attempting to land on its roof. I missed a broke a leg. At the time I made a splint and fixed myself up.
When the game crashed, I loaded up my previous save, and as my character spawned by the shelter, he fell a short drop and made the pain sound (like what happens when you have a non-splinted broken leg and you jump). I didn’t think too much about it, as I thought maybe I saved after I broke my leg but before I made a splint (don’t think I would have done it this way but couldn’t remember).

Anyways, whilst playing my second round of 7 in game days without the bug, I had saved multiple time (many saves between the broken leg incident and now). Now when the games crashed and I have to load my save, I ALWAYS spawn in the same way, character drops and I have a broken leg.

Thought it may be related. The snake spawning theory ties up with the disabling animals option BUT all my latest bugs have been happening on my Home island (where ‘big’ animals never have spawned).
And now this ‘dropping’ in on spawn has me wondering.

It just glitched again and i unglitched it again by doing the same thing.

The animal thing wouldnt work for me because i did not have any animals on my island for it to trigger the reset.

I had to have it turned on to passive when i load, if no animals on my current island go somewhere else it will spawn animals at the new place. Save it there while theres animals around you and turned to passive or default.

Exit to menu. In menu change to removed animals. Load the game and it will work again did it multiple times.

For some reason i went back to my island where i left from to grab my boat that was too high up. Ir was glitched there… I fixed that.

Have animals turned on from the time you load the game passive or default. Go to that glitched island make sure it loaded animals, save there, exit turn off animals, load and works.

Hopefully dont have to do it everywhere but if you have a certain island you need unglitched it will work

If your island is glitched and removing animals from menu before load is not working for you. Its most likely theres no animals on the island so wont trigger it

Ok idk anymore… Right after i wrote that it was working fine went to my boat ate an aloe and right after couldnt touch anything again.

Heh… At this point… I think the game is trolling us. I feel sorry for the Devs if they are experiencing the same thing.

Thus why I think we need to be a bit forgiving right now.

I think this should be ported over to the new unreal engine. Boy what a mess of bugs that would create. LMAO

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the game having a patched update as for now I guess I’ll just get the perfect start!

Dear Claire, I understand your situation and that you do not belong to the programmers but understand me, I have an account with almost 600 days with many hours invested because now the gentlemen of this game do not bother to give an official statement that we can assume that there is an update that fixes at a stroke this not the xapuzeras solutions that I am reading here

1 Like

I have the same issue. Here are some crazy thoughts that I really haven’t proved in any way but thought I’d mention. Seems like this issue for me starts when I skin my first food. Could it be possible that when the body disappears it also takes some usable items with it? Other thoughts are when a player drops out and another appears. Do items retain ownership to the dropped out player? Example. I picked up a fishing spear that another player left. Put it in a personal storage slot then that storage space became unusable. Even when I built a new spear and tried to put it in a personal storage slot it went into the unusable slot.

Before people start losing their minds over this, we are taking about two person team here. And it’s truly laughable to believe they could test a bug that might not present itself for many days or even ever. Also certification for console patches can take a week or more. So Sony or MS won’t simply let them roll back or fix the problem within days. This is especially so with multiplayer components.

It was also made clear a day ago that they have found the problem and are working in it, so to claim they’ve said nothing is untrue.

“I’m happy to say that the team believe they may have found the cause of the interactions issue and are now working to resolve it. It is believed to be, in part, related to another issue on missing snakes reported by a number of you.”

Anyway, I’m on my 18th day, so I expect other 5 days before my save glitches. That would be two saves where I didn’t move away from my starter island.

Night of Day 8, I lost interactions. Last save was night of Day 7 and went to sleep. I stayed on my lush island (not starter isle) and hunted a shark, drank from water, smoked some food. Waited for night and on 1835, I lost interaction. I did visit a cliff island on day 3, if that really does trigger the event. I reloaded the same file, waited for the exact time and was standing on my raft when my feet fell through the floor of the raft and was now standing on the buoys.

1 Like

Hahahaaa. I haven’t tried to fall through the raft. Good 1.

@ballisticola im sorry but i have all rights not to be happy.2 weeks ago i payed 25$ for a game that is BROKEN.NON PLAYABLE. Now i dont give 2 crap about the 25$.The problem is that its not just broken.They let you play just a couple hours, just enough to get hooked and love this game.Then they take it away.Thats just like feeding crack to someone,1 rock at a time untill he gets addicted.Then you take it away from him and tell him he cant have crack no more.
But seriously all hates aside. The reason im so butthurt its cuz i miss this game.I miss this game sooo much.Even with all that as happend this is still in my top 10 favorite games ever.And seriously(when this game is playable)it would be well worth 60$.And i think thats 1 of the biggest problem.If they would of charged 60$ for this game,they would of had a bigger budget to fix or prevent problems like this.

1 Like

Who says you don’t have a right to be unhappy? And it’s not like they did this on purpose. I’d agree fully if this was a months old bug, but this only started happening a week ago. 5 working days to isolate, fix, certify and release a patch? That’s a stretch for most devs.

1 Like

it all worked. Hurrah!! Before starting the game, I removed the animals, went into the game, there was an interaction, then I returned everything in the options and it works !!!

start the game 2. in the main menu in the settings, remove wild animals 3. go into the game, the interaction works 4. save the game. 5. open options and return animals. 6.Go back to the game and save 7.Play for fun

I just tried a solo run through with animals removed. I got up to day 8 today and the glitch happened again.

What I did differently than other tries (usually see issue around day 12 or so) was that I cleaned up all the islands I visited. I was like a locust leaving almost nothing behind.

I’m now wondering if there is a correlation between the number of lifetime objects in the world and the glitch. If a tree counts as 1 object and I’m chopping it down and turning it into plank raft floors, I’m creating 2-6 new objects to cut down, 1-5 new objects for planks, etc.

Just a thought…