[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

I haven’t gotten it to happen again, yet. I’m on PS4, single player, day 35. Still trying to break it again.

I have two saves going…the second save is still working so will keep playing and saving and see how long it’ll continue to work

Works on xbox too. You should apply for a job, they need someone to figure things out

1 Like

What works on Xbox exactly?

On Xbox1 S and can confirm. This seems to work.

1 Like

WORKAROUND

I can confirm this works. Not sure which setting fixed it but this is what I did/happened to me:

Game was still paused from previous testing.
Quit to Main Menu.
Switched to Save Slot 1 (original 91 day game) and game crashed (PS4).
Restarted, switched to Save Slot 1.
Whilst in Main Menu, turned off clouds.
Loaded game, still bugged.
Quit to Main Menu, turned on clouds, turned on 3rd person view.
Loaded game, still bugged.
Quit to Main Menu, turned back to 1st person view, turned off animals.
Loaded game, EVERYTHING WORKS.

So not sure if 1,2, or all 3 settings had an effect. And if changing settings in Main Menu rather than in game makes a difference. But fiddle with it and it seems to fix it.

Now just to see if it comes back…

2 Likes

Actually, I think it just prolonged the inevitable. Seems the hit boxes are slowly sinking away. :frowning:

Correction. They did sink away. Game is once again broken.

Atleast this gives us a chance to play while they fix it. I still don’t know what causes it, and I’ve been trying to make it happen for about 2 hours now.

I’m still curious if the game isn’t somehow drifting away from the hit boxes. Seems the 3rd person view just gives you a longer reach for a little longer.

Note: The game editor still doesn’t work doing this.

Tried this, been doing it before with just animals and it seemed to work but only momentarily. Tried disabling animals, clouds and third person. Quit to main menu, re-launched and saved so now it at least loads in working correctly. On ps5 solo btw.

However, even if I just stand there, the bug happens again like it’s on a timer. Takes about 20 seconds then I lose the ability to access stuff again unless it’s near sea level.

Update: Was tinkering around to try and see of I could get it past that time frame of the bug engaging and now nothing works anymore. :rofl:

Dieing of thirst again. :frowning: I think after this is fixed the Devs should add a case of beer to drift to the island for our character to enjoy for his suffering…

My saved game prior to the update I experienced the same thing would seem to work for a little while and then would bug out. Slot 2 contained a new game after the update, still experienced the same bug of not being able to interact with anything above sea level, but after I turned off the animals and clouds still working for me. I’ve noticed that my game seemed to bug out after I had leveled up…my slot 1 game because of where I had saved it I need to go to another island to save there and will see if turn on the clouds and then turning them back off will trigger it to work normal again

Absolute nightmare unplayable , got this on ps+ and was gonna buy but not right now, a few games and about 25 hours in getting loss of interactions , makes the game a complete waste , please sort out , a great game when it worked before death update

Just to make a suggestion, I hope this isn’t too off topic, but as I read through this thread I can’t help but to think the process of collecting details here with no hard data for devs to review seems inefficient for the devs. It is too bad there isn’t a way from within the game export a log file or data dump file that could be submitted along with the bug report here on the forum and reviewed by the devs so they can pinpoint the issue more quickly. I work in the software industry and when a customer has a problem, the first thing we request is a copy of their application log file and exact time the issue occurred so we can trace what happened before the error, see any exceptions logged, and what happened immediately after. Just a thought for the future.

1 Like

So I tried the work arounds, and no luck.

The only thing I’ve noticed in the last couple of days is that I could hear bats under the water when there were no bats.

I am also having this same issue I’m a new player as well and I play co op currently I cannot play the game at all because I can’t interact with any of my stuff crates,rafts,tent,fish,trees pretty much anything your supposed to be able to interact with isn’t working I really like the game alot and hope the issue is resolved sooner rather than later

Seed #23331930

Console- PS4

Multiplayer

If you crouch next to interacting item you will be able to use it, you wont be able to see it but you can use it also works to save and sleep crouch next to tent on the left side and look down at the base, can make items skin animals and make simple thing all by being crouched and keeping close and find the perfect spot. drinking water and getting cooked meat are still not interactable

Crouching also doesn’t work on my character

If you have crates you can stack them up close beside your water still. Jump up onto them, then crouch and look down at the corner of the still, and it should give you the interaction to drink (it might only work on one particular corner, so play around with the position of the crates).

It’s not ideal but I managed to play for a couple of hours like this until I got sick of it.

I can’t do that either I can’t even touch my crates I try to stand on them and it’s like they aren’t even there I can see them but walk right threw them everything in the water seems to work fine but my rafts are on my island so they can’t float away I’m really hoping they can patch this it is a very addictive game lol my whole island is glitched