[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Crashing when saving

Got the same issue. (PS4)(First and second time I thought ‘sh*t happens, but normal’.)

But after the fifth time I thought that here is a serious bug :confused:

For me it seems to happen after not saving in like 10 minutes or longer or after I did some work done. Really frustrating that the game crashes while I save.

Looking forward for a fix! Thank you all for your great wórk and this awesome game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know mcpersching, I’m sorry to hear it can occur so frequently for you.
Are you playing a single player or multiplayer game? Please also let me know how established your save it, would you say the crashes increased the more you progressed in the game?

Thank you also for your support and understanding while the team work on this issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Clare!
I’m playing singleplayer and I’m currently at day 77.

I guess it’s increasing a bit the more I progress. Or at least I didn’t noticed it before. Sometimes it crashes after 10 minutes of playing after I did something. Sometimes I play 3h without problems.

What I definetly noticed are the frame drops while saving. As soon as I click on the ‘safe’ button the game freezes and takes like 5 seconds until it saved or I get the error message. Maybe its a minor chance that it can happen no matter what the circumstances are.

Let me know if I can tell you more specific about something!

Greetings and thanks for your answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the crashes DO become more frequent as you progress. I’m on day 19 and its getting dicey already. Once I get to 30 or so, it feels like a 50/50 chance of blue screen…and the lag between loading cells is just plain nasty.

Awfully tough to play when you can’t save.

1 Like

@General when this got fixed on xbox one series X i started a brand new save and im now on day 107 and everything has been fine :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

This has happened to me many times this isnt the freeze and cant reload it just completely kicks me from.the game. I have reported it every time. It is so frustrating lol. I save frequently so when it does happen i dont loose much but it just started recently. Im on day 81. Im not sure if that matters but maybe.im on ps4 single player. And it does seem to be a bit more frequent into my progression.

1 Like

Commenting so I know I’ve read to here.

As per Charlie1992’s comment above, please let me know which version your save was made in as I would like to see if there is a common thread there.

Hi Nordicsurvival, welcome to the forums,

I’m sorry to hear this issue is affecting your save too and I understand how frustrating this issue is. If you are referring to reports sent via your console when your game crashes, while these reports do get to the team, it can take some time. If there is anything in particular in common you noticed that may trigger the issue, please let me know and I can add it to my report for the team. Please also let me know if your save was created in an older version (and if you recall which one) or the latest one.

Happened twice today within few hours :sob:

@Clare

Has this issue with crashing while saving been resolved, noticed no responses for 15 days or more. My game is crashing bad. No real pattern to speak of. Happened once or twice during early game play but now I’m at day 92 and it happens at lest every other save.

Console: PS4 (undated to latest software)
Game: latest version
Seed: Random
Islands: Custom and Default
Drops: items such as palm fronds, coconut halves, and palm bunches drop thru

Please let me know what the deal Is?

1 Like

Experienced this for the first time yesterday, PS4/2074/Single player/Day 52/game created in latest version.

In my instance it was quite opposite to others, I got the PS blue crash screen after saving at a shelter immediately after a successful save (wasn’t sure at the time if I did actually save the first time). Lucky not to lose progress.

This is first save crash for me across two post 2074 saves (80+ combined days).

Hi @Jared0499 and @YWillis - Thank you for sharing those details of your experience.

This issue is still under investigation by the team. There is an update being released later today that contains a number of fixes for the game. Please let me know if you notice any change in frequency, or no change at all after the game is updated and I will inform the team. There is not a single fix for crashing included but I am hoping some of the fixes may help to reduce crashes experienced by players.

Hi, I can confirm that the latest update on [PS4] (build [2078]) does NOT address the crashing issue.

Hi, i have the same problem, just now, for the third time

Hi @fox-spooky-mulder0 thanks for mentioning it here, I see you posted a more detailed comment in EDenney’s thread so I’ll be going through that as soon as I can and responding to you there.

Hi @Michelolivera welcome to the forums
Can you elaborate on your crash experience and let me know what platform and version you are playing on? Any extra information can help the team in their investigation, especially if there are different triggers with the same result.

Me and my brother just started last night on PS4 and we cannot travel to new island. Whenever we get about halfway he gets kicked out of the game.

Hi Badcompany18, welcome to the forums,

When traveling to a new island, are you traveling together or in separate rafts? Do you have much with you on the raft(s) when travelling and have you notice a drop in FPS or a desync between what both of you see before the disconnect? (either when travelling or on the island beforehand)

@Clare

Clare, ganes still crashing at save. Really is no discernable rhyme to it. It has happened on a game where i had customs islands and a game where i didnt have custom islands. It has happened on games that i was on day 136 and games on day 7. Its happened when saving at tents and sleeping bags. Its happened at save during night and during day. After save freeze/crash, game gets stuck on “cleaning up”. This is probably the 10th game i lost. I made the mistake of thinking that the update patched this and used my save slot that had the 136 game on it and lost all those hrs of gameplay, its getting pretty aggrivating, I must say, to spend all these hrs on the game and then to lose them to glitches. Since late September its been one after another dev team fixes and another pops up after updates. It may be time to have a patch to add multiple save slots for one game, versus just one. This way we can at minimum go back to an older time in the same game versus having to reatart entire thing. Soooooooo frustrated, so much in fact im thinking of playing GTA Vice City Definitive Edition, and we all know what a piece of crap that tirned out to be. Please advise or encourage a faithfully Stranded Deeper that this is being remedied somehow and is not just a case of a dog chasing its tail.

Jared

1 Like

Im losing the will to live i lost my ■■■■■■■ 265 day world to this if there aint a way to fix this issue I’m [Redacted -Clare]

Hi @Jared0499,

Thank you for that information and feedback, the team are continuing to work on this issue and while I know some of the issues fixed may have reduced crashes for some the team are aware this is still an issue affecting a lot of players.

Please note I have a separate post for the “cleaning up” issue over here: [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Stuck in "Cleaning Up" phase on load which spans the first time this was reported, the hotfix and now the issue occurring for people again in 2078. Any updates on this will be posted in that thread as I’m treating crashing and getting stuck on loading as two separate reports.

I’m sorry to hear your 136 day game was affected and completely understand your feeling aggravated after this occurred and know how disheartening it can be to lose progress to crashes too.

I will pass your feedback regarding multiple save slots onto the team also. As soon as any information is passed to me from the team on any of the issues reported by players I will let the community know immediately.