I'm stuck in the beginning mode "c

I am on PS4 day 2 and I went to save and the game crashed. I restarted the game and I am stuck in the very beginning in “cleaning mode.” I am not able to move forward. This is also my second island.

Me too, cannot load my Continue game…just says Cleaning Up forever infinity, but I got to day 159! was so close to finishing and now this ÷( I so don’t want this to be how it ends…really hope they can fix these issues as it was such a great game environment to while away numerous hours before the update prior to online multiplayer screwed everything up.

Hi Vrivera2022 and @theSkyhook - welcome to the forums.

Thank you for reporting this and I’m sorry to hear this issue has affected your saves. Can you please confirm the following for me:

• Is this happening in version number 2073 (number is at the bottom of the main menu)
  • before saving, did you notice anything unusual in the game before the game crashed?

I’m informing the team of this issue and will add your details to my report, if either of you recall anything else you feel could be related, please let me know. I would also recommend holding onto your affected saves for now (or backing them up externally). I don’t know what the fix will look like from the console team, but they will always try to fix affected saves too.

I would also greatly appreciate if either or both of you could send me a copy of your affected save file. To be clear, the team will not fix and return saves, but your saves will be used to investigate the cause of this issue and test fixes that could be released to the entire community. theSkyhook you didn’t mention what console you are on, but if you’re on PS5 the steps should be the same, if you are on Xbox unfortunately files from those systems cannot be shared.

To access the file:

1. Turn on PS4
  2. Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the PS4.
  3. In the main menu, go to “Settings”
  4. Click on “Application Saved Data Management”
  5. Select “Saved Data in System Storage”
  6. Select “Copy to USB Storage Device”
  7. Select Stranded Deep
  8. Select all files and press “Copy”
  9. Wait until transfer is complete
  10. Remove External Drive
  11. Zip up all files copied to USB drive including “.bin” and “Profile” files
  12. Email us the Zip files to contact@beamteamgames.com - please include your forum user name in the subject line of the email so I can easily find it and forward it to the team.

If unable to send the files via email you can upload the files to your Dropbox or other cloud file service and email us the link too.

Thank you

It’s on version 2073. I started in a new slot. I am on day 12, 4th island. Both times that the game crashed was during the night. I had just built my tent to save on the new island when it crashed. I started the game over and now it’s back in “cleaning” mode.

Hi Vrivera2022,

Thank you for that extra information. In case you didn’t see it, I created a known issues post on this issue here: [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Stuck in "Cleaning Up" phase on load

A update was released for the PlayStation version which should prevent this issue from occurring again. Unfortunately due to the nature of the issue, the patch cannot restore saves that are already affected.