[Console] Update 2104 Notes

Hi Vilink,
I will try and get as much info as I can from the team regarding this. But at the moment I’m afraid I do not know when a resolution is expected, just that the team have recieved my message regarding the trophy issue and are investigating. Should I hear more back from the team I will let the community know asap.

A post was split to a new topic: [2104] Crafting Story items and Trophies

Does the problem for shelves have an impact on the trophy “Gotta craft them all!” ?

1 Like

Yes, you need to craft them for it.

@Lothaer I got a response from the team about a description / explanation about billboards.
“It’s a level-of-detail technique for rendering far away objects relatively cheaply. It uses a ‘billboard’ instead of rendering full geometry. Nearly all of the larger objects in the game already use this technique.”

2 Likes

@Dokrayn - So I can clarify some points and to ensure infomation does not get lost in a larger thread, I have moved your comment to a Bug Report here: [2104] Crafting Story items and Trophies

Something needs to be done regarding container walls, with the Raft size restriction it is almost impossible to get them back to base unless they’re on your home island which makes getting the Gotta Craft Them All trophy almost impossible

2 Likes

agreed

it’s already too tough bringing home 2 panels on a 4W×5L raft pre-update, i can’t imagine trying to make a container-panel-worthy seacraft with the current limitations

a few solutions, as a suggestion to the devs:

a) allow container panels/doors to be broken down and rebuilt as 4 scrap corrugated metal
b) new raft piece called a “keelhaul” that allows you to strap non-pocketable but moveable objects to a raft, like barrels, tyres, container panels, container doors, large animal corpses
or
c) remove raft size restrictions

i know, i know, they’re done implementing features but any one of these would be a huge quality-of-life boon

3 Likes

Hi Claire,
Is there any ideas of when the update will be available for UK Xbox? Also has the update patched the P2 disconnection issues? My husband and I have been playing and having a blast in game until last night. He kept disconnecting from my game every 15 minutes or so then getting errors saying server not available. It’s a shame as this is the first issue we’ve had. Tried again today and same issue, he even tried playing on our childs account and no difference. Any help would be great, thank you.

Hi StainedYorkshireRose, welcome to the forums,

The update was released in every region at the same time and all regions should now be updated. Your game will display 2104 in the bottom left of the main menu to confirm you are updated.

If your game has not updated automatically, you may need to prompt the Xbox to check for updates. Please note both consoles will need to be on the same version to allow a multiplayer connection.

After the update, please try shutting down and unplugging the consoles for 2-5 mins before rebooting. This should help clear the cache of the console.

You may also wish to try selecting a different region to play on to see if that makes a difference for you.

If you continue to experience disconnections within the game, please submit a bug report in the Console Bug Reports section and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

@Lothaer and @expectorant - Thank you for your feedback on this. I will pass this onto the team.

2 Likes

I started a build the night of the update to see whats different. So far ive noticed that one of the fruits has not spawned on any island? Hooks and shelves cant be placed as normal, weird. Loving the extra container space and the binoc fix( been a long wait on that one!). I play solely on hardcore permadeath so not being able to craft gauze has made it more dicey but i beat the critters without em’, a starting player might be hard pressed though. The piles do seem to make load times shorter.

Hi Baronvonshnoo, welcome to the forums. Based on the contents of your post I moved your post to the Console update topic as it had been posted in an older PC update post. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

The team is aware of the hooks and shelves issue and are investigating. Thank you for your additional feedback regarding crafting gauze, and if you continue to be unable to find fruit on any island on your map, please submit a bug report in the Console Bug Reports section with as much info as possible including the seed you are using for this save and I’ll pass them info onto the team asap.

Thank you

A post was split to a new topic: [Xbox][2104] Building issues

Yes please! I tore off the rudder and made a motor for my raft, found I could not use it without burning fuel and rolled back to previous save very disappointed.
I read the motor worked like a rudder and thus was a replacement, didn’t realize that was PC only… :frowning:

Day 7 of waiting for bug update, waters running low, wollies fuming.

Just wanna build a shelf.

1 Like

Olá bom dia!
Sou apaixonado pelo stranded deep, mais a um tempo venho vendo que o jogo foi meio que abandonado por vocês para o ps4.
Na minha região Brasil, me deparo com o problema do binó■■■■ ficar sempre aparente quando usado no game.
Há alguma atualização prevista para 2023?

Translation added by Clare using Google Translate
Hello good day!
I’m in love with stranded deep, but for a while I’ve been seeing that the game was kind of abandoned by you for the ps4.
In my Brazil region, I am faced with the problem of the binoculars always being apparent when used in the game.
Are there any updates planned for 2023?

Hi Kleber,

I have edited your post to have an English translation and title. We ask that players post in English or include a translation in their posts as per the Rules and Guidelines of the forums:

As our Staff and Moderators are all English Speakers, please avoid using other languages. We need to be able to read everything posted in order to effectively run the forums. If you are unable to or do not feel confident writing in English, please use an online translator. If you are concerned about your post being mistranslated you may post in your preferred language on the condition that a 1:1 translation accompanies it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regarding your comment, I’m glad to hear you enjoy playing Stranded Deep! The game is not abandoned on PS4. The team are continuing to work on further updates for the game, focusing on issues reported by players and quality of life updates - the dates for the release of the next updates has not yet been announced.

Please double check you are playing version 2104 - this number will appear in the bottom left of the main menu and is the latest update released on Dec 19th 2022. The binoculars issue was addressed in this update. If you are still experiencing this issue, or a different issue with the binoculars, please create a bug report in [Console] Bug Reports - Stranded Deep with as much information as possible about your experience and I’ll get back to you asap.

Thank you.

Hey Clare/ Beam Team, i’m new to the game and it may be this is in the game but i’ve not yet discovered it yet, but my problem with multiplayer is that i can’t save the game anywhere so i can play on if me and my friend log off. Can you guys please fix this or help me with it?

Hi JamesZa, just wanted to check if your looking in the right place, the “Save” option is found when interacting with either the special “Shelter” object that you’d have to build first, or there’s also a more portable “Bed” object that you can build instead… Both of these items that you can build have 2 functions, you can either Sleep or Save… Though the “Bed” has a 3rd function that allows you to pick it up and take it with you to the next island (it must be on the ground to use it though).

And they have been working for me in multiplayer mode just fine on Xbox1.