Below are some progress updates from behind the scenes from Beam Team. This list does not include everything being tackled by the team, so if you don’t see an issue you’ve experienced / reported, please do not worry, the team will be looking into every issue reported by players.
Issues that are waiting for QA to verify as fixed:
- PS4/XB1 - Fixed issue with losing input when switching to another item immediately after using a reloadable tool like a bow or speargun.
- PS4/XB1/PC - Fixed Seafarer achievement unlocking.
- PS4/XB1 - Fixed “Call Me Ahab” achievement not unlocking.
- PS4/XB1 - Fixed “Two of Each” achievement not unlocking.
- PS4/XB1 - Fixed Snakes not attacking player in single player mode.
- PS4/XB1 - Fixed players colliding with raft sails.
- PS4/XB1/PC - Fixed game loading errors for players using a non-Gregorian calendar, eg: Arabic, Thai.
- PS4/XB1 - Fixed notifications showing when loading game – “Knife has been stored in backpack” etc.
Issues currently working on:
- PS4/XB1 - The much-requested Item Piles feature is currently being integrated into PS4/XB1.
- PS4/XB1/PC - Identified causes of some multiplayer disconnects. We’re working on repros and fixing causes as they are found.
- PS4/XB1 - Working on reproducing an issue where Inventory and Toolbelt data is not saved.
- PS4/XB1 - Working on reproducing an issue where Crates change positions when reloading.
- PS4/XB1 - Working on identifying the cause of rafts moving in random directions.
Issues that require further investigation or we need tighter repro steps for:
- PS4/XB1 - Disconnected clients can’t reconnect to the host game. We may have found a repro for this last Fri and will be looking into it more in the coming weeks.
- PS4/XB1 - Toolbelt slots not unlocking on reload.
- PS4/XB1 - Story items remaining locked in the crafting menu.
- PS4/XB1 - Crafting menu resetting items that have been crafted.
As well as this, user Santeria318 sent some questions they had compiled from the community which Sam has answered. Some of these questions were PC based so they’re hosted over in the PC update here - [PC] Message from the Team, 2022-09-19 - but I think all members of the community might find them interesting!
Thank you, as always, for your continued support while the team continues their work to resolve issues reported by the community. If you have an issue you wish to report, please do not hesitate to post it in the Console Bug Reports section. Any extra information about a player’s experience is valued by the team as it can help them to replicate issues on their end which in turn can help them to narrow down the cause. Though the team may not always get a chance to respond to every report, we do go through them and greatly appreciate them.