Cannot access crows nest

Big is still a problem I can climb the ladder but won’t let me get into the crows nest then I hold a to try to jump and break my leg

Hi DayJosh70, welcome to the forums,

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with accessing the crows nest in your save. I moved your post to its own thread because the topic you posted in was from an older version (though I understand ladder issues still exist) but also because I wanted to double check some details about your own issue with you as it sounded slightly different.

Please let me know:

• What console and version you are currently playing on - the version number should be in the bottom left of the main menu

• You mentioned you cannot get into the crows nest at the top of the ladder, can you describe how that looks when playing? Does your character stop in their climb, become stuck at the top, etc?

• Did you have anything in your character’s hands when climbing? If you climb with empty hands does it make a difference?

• Would you happen to have a clip of the issue occurring that you would be able to share? It may be beneficial to the team to see the issue in action.

Any extra information you can provide about your experience of this issue would be greatly appreciated as it can help the team in their investigations.

Thank you.

I’m playing on Xbox x/s version 2083 nothing is in my hands it won’t let me add the video but yes he can’t go up anymore I have to either jump off the ladder or go back down

Hi Dayjosh70,

Thank you for confirming that information for me. My apologies, I should have mentioned we cannot host videos directly on this site. If you have a one drive or youtube link you can DM them to me, but if not, no worries.

I am going to submit a new report to the team on this issue as I’m not sure as to what could be causing your character to stop at the top of the ladder and the team will need to investigate this independently to other ladder issues.

If there is any other information you feel may be relevant, please do not hesitate to share it with me and I will include it in the report.

Thank you again

Sorry DayJosh70, I have a quick followup question I thought of when writing the report, is the ship in question tilted in the sand at all?

While I know the shipwrecks can be tilted somewhat, I am wondering if there was a significant tilt to the mast, could that be preventing your character from leaving the ladder at the top - I shall make a note of this at the end of my report anyway, but if you could confirm what way the ship in question if lying in the sand for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I have never been able to climb down the ladder from a crows nest in any cargo shipwreck. Many games, many seeds, many islands.
It’s not a big deal, just have to jump off into the water, I wonder if this is intentional?

Hi DemonStar89,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I do not believe this is intentional but I think it may be lower on the priority list in comparison to other gameplay issues reported surrounding crashes and achievement unlocking issues etc. That said, I’ll add a new comment to my report noting that you’ve reported it still occuring so the team know players are still mentioning it.