[2111] Wildlife settings issue

Moved ‘Wildlife’ settings from options menu to settings screen mentioned above.

I started playing a few months ago and I love this game, it takes me away from my miserable chemo/radiation filled life, but this update really messed with the wildlife button, I set it up to where wildlife was on passive and the first time it had ZERO wildlife anywhere at all, so I started over(:sob:) and this time I also set it to passive and wildlife was what I got! But not PASSIVE! The sharks were literally swimming AT me not away lol Halp!! :flushed::flushed:And the whales…:face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye: Don’t get me started on those! They were spawning EVERYWHERE I have never seen the game like this before, I thought because I just got a fancy 50 inch flat screen that it HAD to be the reason but NOPE I went to my old TV and used it and it did the same. :flushed::face_with_peeking_eye::sob:

Hi @Synistra666, welcome to the forums
Firstly I’m glad to hear that Stranded Deep can help you keep your mind off things and I’m sorry to hear this setting change has now affected gameplay for you. I moved your post to its own thread so I could address some of the points you mentioned directly and ask some followup questions.

Please let me know:

• What console are you playing on?
  • When you first started the game and had no wildlife, did you start with regular wildlife settings and then switch to passive, or did you change this before starting the save entirely?
  • Did you have a multiplayer save in the same slot with different settings at any stage?
  • For the second save, you started, can you confirm what all the additional settings were set to if you recall?
  • If the saves still exist in different slots, could you also share the seeds of both saves with me? This should be at the bottom of the cartographer when you have that slot selected.
  • Please also let me know if this occurred before or after the update to 2111, and if it was before, has the game generated correctly for you now?
  • If the issue occurred after, please try clearing the cache of your console by shutting down and unplugging for 2 mins before rebooting. In case any old settings info was stuck in the cache.

Thank you for reporting these issues, and any additional information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Please also let me know if you created a new save since the update to 2111 and if the issues with wildlife have persisted for you.

Thank you.