[XB1/XBseiesx] [2083] [multiplayer item bug] duplicating items

Summary - Steps

On XB1 during multiplayer session with a freind i was filling boxes which was forceing items to go on the ground and duplicate.

Me and my freind realised they could see the box was full on all 3 slots and i could see 2 empty slots.

A little “pokeing” at what was found and it was found that the person who filled the box if they stayed in the box and my freind could collect the “new magically appeared items” and store in a box.

If the item was left on there inventory it would disappear once the “Original” was collected

Multiple “Cloned” Items could not be stored in similar boxes. Dropping “Cloned” items would make them obsolete.

All Cloned items could be crafted with as long as if for example - i need 1 lashing my friend magic’d up 4 fiberous leaves it would craft 1 lashing.

If they did the fiberous leaves by putting 2 in box take 2 out and put 2 back in. These 4 clones would not make a lashing.

Seeds tested on [Not map specific]

Settings
Multiplayer
Visibility- Private
Region - Europe
Set difficulty - Normal
Genders - 1 male character, 1 female character
Permadeth off
Wildlife - default

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console?

• yes, no change accept for which box will do it.

-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting?

Yes both players tried this with no difference.

-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue?

No - but this has raised awareness to us for possibility of looseing items as one person sees a box full and other doesnt then dont put stuff in box.

-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue.

This does cause items to dissappear i.e if player x could see a box of coconut but i seen a empty box and then filled box with valuble items then decided to move island so one of us carried the box.

Eventually the box would revert to what the Host sees.

-Images / Links - If you have any images or clips of the issue happening, please include them.

** For Beam Team**

A unlisted link to a video showing this has been sent to clare - beam team on this forum in message

Hi Robbiejay58,

Welcome to the forums. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue in such detail - and your other report too which I’ll be responding to shortly. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to do so and I will be submitting your reports to the team for them to look into.

Your description matches something I believe another user reported recently which I believe could be related to gameplay desync between users. The steps to replicate the issue you provided should be of a great help to the team as it should help them to replicate the issue on their end.

I don’t believe I have any further questions on the information you provided. I will respond here if I think of anything or if the team has further questions. If this issue ever results in player 2 disconnecting shortly after it occurs however, please do let me know.

Oh! I just saw your updated message and video link with additional info via DM - thank you so much, this is great to have for the team to reference. I’ll add it to my report too.

Thank you again :slight_smile:

Player 2 can disconnect after this bug if player 1 doesnt empty the duped items from there inventory and player 2 access a different box.

If player 1 filled say 6 boxes of duped items and all were full

These boxes would be empty for player 2.

If player 1 crafts with the items before doing the final step which i sent to u in message

Player 2 would crash

But if player 1 did the final step i sent u in message player 2 wont crash and would be fully synced.

Im not sure if this is fully desync. As this has happened to player 1 - the host.

Thank you for this additional information - This is brilliant info to have and I’ll update my report to include it. I agree with your point that it may not be a full desync and will let the dev team investigate fully.