Xb1 version 2116 crate item interactions

For the topic title above, please use the format:
[Platform][Game Version][Affected Topic] Post Title
For example: “[XB1/PS4][1820][Audio] Sharks singing too loud at night”
The game version number can be found at the bottom left of the main menu.

For the main post please follow the summary as best you can:
Feel free to edit and replace each section with your own info.

Summary
2nd player has issues when they access a chest everything falls out and the are unable to interact with anything else and the pause menu doesn’t work please fix because it is getting irritating he has to leave the game then reload back in and after a few minutes it does it again

Seed

Settings
Were any of your settings changed from the default options and have you added any custom Islands?

Steps
What steps, if known, can cause this issue to occur for you?

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console?
-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting?
-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not.
-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue.
-Images / Links - If you have any images or clips of the issue happening, please include them.

Is the crate being pushed/hit just as P2 interacts with it?

Hi Countryrebel, welcome to the forums,

Can you confirm for me if the following description matches your experience?

When Player 2 interacts with a crate, they cannot see anything inside the crate but the contents of the crate appear to be floating outside it. When the host removes all the items from the crate, and then places them back inside, Player 2 can now see and interact with the items inside the crate. However this will reset if the game is reloaded.

If this the case, then this is an issue the team is aware of that can occur when there is a desync before the host and player 2. I know the team are continuing to work on this issue and other issues related to desyncs.

If you wouldn’t mind letting me know the following I can add it to the pool of information we’re collecting for the team:

• Are you both in the same household or on a separate connection to each other?

• Do you experience disconnects or just desyncs between host and player 2?

• Are there any other evidence of desyncs between the experiences of the host and player 2?

• What Router and ISP are you using?

• Does the same issue occur if Player 2 hosts their own save?

• Has this been occurring since the start of gameplay, or is it something that has started to occur over time the further you progress in the game?

• If it’s something that happened after some time, do you recall what in-game day you were on when it started and/or how much progress you’ve made in the game at that point?

Thank you.