[win 10, steam][0.90.00][visual] foggy or hazy cartographer

Summary
FOGGY OR HAZY CARTOGRAPHER MODE THRU OUT EDIT, IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE CLOSE IN. PERSISTENT ISSUE: OLD LOCAL SAVES X 2 -EDITED THESE MAPS 5-11 TIMES BEFORE ISSUE- OR NEW CREATIONS - NO ISSUES IN GAME WITH SAME MAP TO DATE. NO CHANGE UNDER WATER. VERY DIFFICULT TO EDIT IN FOG. I DID SEARCH THIS ON GOOGLE AND HERE - NO PREVIOUS THAT I COULD FIND

Seed

Settings
HAD CUSTOM BUT TRIED ULTRA WITH NO CHANGE

Steps
ON START UP

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or PC? YES
-Have tried reinstalling the game? INSTALLED 0.90.00 FROM EARLIER VERSION - VERFIED FILES BUT NO CHANGE - EVERYTHING PERFORMS GOOD, JUST I CAN’T SEE WELL ENOUGH
-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not. NOPE
-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue. ACCORDING TO FILE DATE, MAP WAS CREATED OCT 2019 - AND I REMEMBER NO FOG! HADN’T LOADED MAP IN A WHILE JUST RECENTLY STARTED TO PLAY AGAIN - AS I SAID NEW EDIT HAVE SAME THICK FOG
-Images / Links -

Hey there =)
I had this bug since day one. I thought it was normal until I saw a video on YT and their cartographer was clear as day.

I don’t know which setting is the culprit. I haven’t been able to replicate it. (on purpose)

Go into your save game files. and delete your options. then open the game again. It will make a new options file automatically. Fixes it every time.

1 Like

Hi SGTJUMPER, does this bug exist if you update the game to the current version?
If you are trying Santeria318’s fix, I would suggest making a backup of that folder first in case.

Backups never hurt.
My island creator is currently hazy/foggy V1.0.6.0.17

Island by Robert Monkey (shameless plug for a friend hehehe)

1 Like

Hi Santeria318 and SGTJUMPER

Can you provide your hardware specs please, including GPU/CPU models, RAM and OS.

In this case the next time this happens it might help to send both options files (the one before deletion/with issue and after a new one is created) to us here.

Sent to bugs@beamteamgames.com

I sent a bug report to bugs@beamteamgames.com in April of this year with both options files. Also reported it on steam forums. Maybe it got overlooked.

Before and after deleting options file.

I didn’t even see this! Sorry

OS Win10 - 64bit

1 Like

CHANGED A BUNCH OF SETTINGS (ONE AT A TIME) BUT COULD NOT DUPLICATE - I LIKE TO CREATE ISLANDS… SO I WILL KEEP TRYING -
ALSO I’M IN 0.90-
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
GEFORCE 2070 16GB @ 3440 x 1440 100HZ
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 16GB
DirectX 12

1 Like