[SUGGESTION] In Game Map

It would be great to be able to either…

1. View the cartographer map in game (not be able to edit custom maps though).

2. When you start out you have a blank map and as you “discover” new islands they get added to the map as if you were drawing it during your travels.

2a) Would also be great if you could record things about each island such as the various types of flora and fauna and other resources.

5 Likes

I do this now but on a piece of paper lol

1 Like

Same

2 Likes

1 Like

Spreadsheet on my tablet

4 Likes

U guys r smart but I just remember them and finish the game without looking at it again cus I got Platinum trophy I did alot to get it

@IggySoda lol that’s awesome. Might have to steal that one from ya.

Yes I sooo wish there was an in-game map to access on the fly. Editable would be nice too so you can log what is on each island. The current cartographer map is terrible. Why is it only accessible when exiting the game and why is north facing northeast ?? !! LOL
Here is mine that I track using Pages on my Mac. ( I have a hand drawn one too while playing ).

I’ve made this map using the Cartographer image (took pic with my phone then imported into Pages) then edited in Pages, adding lines, circles for islands, etc. Simplified and easy to print and use while playing, taking notes.

Like others have mentioned, I too chart out my world on paper while I play but would love to see something in-game. Some kind of book/journal which you need to discover while exploring islands/shipwrecks.

While on a new island, hold the book and interact. This sketches the new island into your journal. Can also have notes/key words you can add/remove from islands; wildlife, resources, shipwrecks, etc.

Having the ability to name each island in the journal would be useful too. Currently I build a camp on new islands and rename it with the label printer. This way if I lose my bearings while sailing I just pull up at an island to see where I am.

Could also have a larger map which you can hang in your home. If you interact with your journal with said map it updates to match your journal.