Regrowth Trees Option

Hey. I think it would be very interesting if the game had the option to turn on/off the trees regrowth, like in the game “The Forest”. And also the coconuts in the trees that we didn’t cut down yet, it should respawn as well.
Sorry about my english. im Brazilian, but a really fan of this game!!

8 Likes
  • I like this idea. Some of us play for more than the story, so to have the ability for trees to regrow the way that ‘Young Palms’ do would be great. It can even be after a week or more of in-game time. Just as long as they do regrow at some point. That, or make it possible to cut down the really big trees, but only with a refined axe or a metal tool.
  • I’ve always wished that option were there. Not because it is needed, there are plenty of coconuts in the game. Just because it would add a level of enjoyability and playability to the game. After a while, there’s very little you can do on existing islands when you have ravaged all the trees and accelerated global warming as a result.
3 Likes

Exactly. Maybe the trees need more time to respawn or the little palm trees should turn into a tree indeed. And about the coconuts, they should behave like any other fruit in the game

2 Likes

How about the trees do not regrow but we can plant them gives us more to plant and we can get the seeds from the young perm but it will be a random drop when you cut them

7 Likes

I also like this option, as it would save me from just creating a custom island to chop down trees and save travel time.

4 Likes

I love this. I love the ideas of being able to actually not do the end game but instead, build and thrive, but I can’t see how you can grow trees in such a short timeframe. Trees take years to grow and we live day to day in Stranded Deep. BUT… I like the idea of driftwood respawning once in a while. Would make sense and stay true to the game style. That’s how you can respawn sticks.

4 Likes

Tree farming would be great as impractical as it is realistically. Though it gets pretty rough when you have to island hop over and over to get trunks to turn into planks

2 Likes

yeah, thats why you would have the option to turn it on / off

1 Like

I like the idea of re growing trees but at the same time I understand why left out tree regrowth as it helps encourage people to travel around the map and explore, however I do agree with many other posters that the limited amount of wood resources can affect people trying to play a Role Playing play through as at some point you will run out and have to complete your journey. However I think a good solution to this problem is to have islands outside of your render distance “re grow” trees after a certain amount of days away from the island, or have plantable palm trees that take 30 in game days to grow with every 10 days the tree grows in size, day(s) 1-5 it stays a palm sappling, days 5-10 becomes a palm tree worth 1 trunk, days 10-20 it becomes a tree worth 2 trunks, and on day 30 it turns into a fully grown tree, as well as having a tree planting radius to avoid to many trees being planted on an island, I believe these could help solve the issue of people running out of wood during a Role Playing play through and could help maintain the aspects of having to leave your island early on to explore.

2 Likes