Raft vanished... found... kind of

Almost there! Only one boss to go on my first play through. Save on my raft before taking on the Eel guy.
When i load the next day, im swimming and my bedroll is floating next to me…
My raft has vanished. Im on the top of the metal ship. Just weapons in my inventory. No food. No water. No gear. After trying to reload, shut the system off for awhile, nothing seems to work. Its just gone.
I start to swim to the closest island and try to make it back to the island where most of my stuff is, i make a little raft, keep my stats up, and get some basic gear.
Now, rhe starting island is in between where i am and my main base. So i head back to the starting island l, knowing there now much there, but wait… this cant be my starting island. Looks like someone was living here thays not me! It looks like my starting island… but right in the middle. The center of the island, i see some sails. I see a canopy. I think “yay, break it down for gear” but the layout looks familiar… two sails, two canopies, and two more sails… its my raft! But its 6 feet under the ground! All i can see it the very top at about waist height. I cqnt get to the creats that were down there. After teying for an hour. I give up and head back to my new base. Save and sleep, just to find my new little raft is gone now too… ill let you guys knownif i find it.

1 Like

well gee, that sounds a little familiar

Hi Mark1,

Thank you for reporting this issue and details of your experience and I’m sorry to hear it has affected your save. I have a few extra questions if you wouldn’t mind answering them for me.

Please let me know:

• What console are you playing on?
  • Did this occur in a single player or multiplayer game?
  • You mentioned when you loaded your save you were swimming and your raft had gone. Had you saved on your raft in the water next to the ship and was your raft anchored at the time?
  • When the second raft vanished, did you also save out on the water? If so, were you close to any objects or ships or much further out in the water?

Players have reported finding their raft in the last location it was saved after being teleported to the center of an island and vanished. I understand you are now missing a second raft, but is it possible to check previous save locations for your raft?

Have you had any experience with containers being shuffled around in container shelves or floating out from container shelves at any point? A player reported recently this and the teleporting issue happening at the same time and I’m wondering if there’s a connection and have other players experienced similar situations.

As expectorant showed in their image, this issue has occurred for a number of other players, but the team are having difficulty in replicating the issue internally to try and find the cause of the issue. If you’re playing on PS4, and as this has now happened twice in your save, would it be possible for the team to see a copy of your save? While the team cannot fix and return individual files, they use player files to try to replicate issues and test fixes for releasing to the community as a whole.

If you’re happy to do this, please use the following steps:

1. Turn on PS4 / PS5
  2. Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the console.
  3. In the main menu, go to “Settings”
  4. Click on “Application Saved Data Management”
  5. Select “Saved Data in System Storage”
  6. Select “Copy to USB Storage Device”
  7. Select Stranded Deep
  8. Select all files and press “Copy”
  9. Wait until transfer is complete
  10. Remove External Drive
  11. Zip up all files copied to USB drive including “.bin” and “Profile” files
  12. Upload the files to something like Google Drive, One Drive or Dropbox and direct message me the link. I can then retrieve the files and upload them for the team.

Regardless of if you are able to send the save or not, thank you again for reporting these details. I have added these to my report for the team. Any additional information you can provide would be greatly appreciated and if you do locate either rafts again in your save, please let me know.

This just happened to me, too. Except I had my raft on shore, because I was in the process of building it. Saved, ran some errands, came back and it was just gone.

I’m on Xbox one in single player mode. That was the first raft I ever started, definitely not going to find that many buoys again. Does this happen often?

Hi Tartabasura, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for reporting this and I’m sorry to hear this has happened to your raft in your save. While multiple reports from the same player is rare, I have received a number of reports of this issue and the team are continuing to investigate what is triggering it for players.

As we receive more details of player experiences we are uncovering more about this issue and how it affects players. As mentioned above we have found that when this happens to your raft, if you are able to travel to another island where you saved last, there is a chance you will find your raft there. In a lot of cases this is on the last island a player visited and saved at.

However, in your report above you mentioned you were in the process of building your raft. Was the raft completely made from scratch within this session or were you expanding on it, having used it to travel to other islands before?

Please let me know what had been built so far for your raft, and what errands you had run on when this occurred. Did it involve you leaving the island to do you?

If you did leave the island, via another raft or gyro, land and save. It could be worth double checking that area, just in case.

Any additional information you can provide about your gameplay around the time this issue happened and the raft itself would be greatly appreciated and help the team investigate this issue further.

Thank you.