Raft disappeared from existence

Playstation 5 user. Non custom map.

I had a 3x1 tire raft with two container shelves. At some point, most of the raft disappeared after i dragged it on land. Having only showing 1 platform and both container shelves still visable and the rest of the raft gone somewhere. I reloaded the game, restarted playstation and left island and came back. At one point, i found the sail on a neighboring island. But the rest of the raft cannot be found… possible floor mesh issue?

Hi Hobbitinacyclone,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I’m sorry to hear this happened in your save. It is interesting you managed to find a sail on a neighboring island however. Do you recall if this was the last island you were on before you moved to the island where half the raft vanished?

If you could also confirm for me if this is a multiplayer or single player map that this occurred on and if any settings from default were changed for this save as this info can help the team in trying to replicate this internally.

I will also pass on your possible floor mesh issue theory (I am not a dev myself so can’t comment on this really…)

Thank you again and if there is any other information you feel could be relevant, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Last night i think i found the raft i made. But ive never been to this island. Again, this is weird. Because the sail, rudder and anchor were all there. It was just missing the two container shelves and one piece of the flooring. But i had to reload because i broke up the raft and regretted it. Lol. If i find it again ill let you know.

This was a single player map, and i think i might have been on the island that i only found the sail and no raft on. The only thing i might have changed was making animals passive.

Thank you for that update Hobbitinacyclone, the fact that parts of the raft is loading in correctly but in the wrong location is very interesting and may be related to another user losing part of their raft (though I don’t recall them saying they found it at a later stage).

If you do find it again, would you be happy to send us a copy of your save file? I believe as this is a PS4 title you should be able to save the save files to a USB.

If you’re happy to do so, if you could upload the files to google drive, dropbox or similar and DM me the link I can pass it onto the team for them to have a look at. However please note the team cannot fix and return individual files but would use your file in testing and trying to find a solution to the issue for the community as a whole.

I’ve copied the instructions for the save files below, they should be fairly similar for the PS5…

1. Turn on PS4 / PS5

2. Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the console.

3. In the main menu, go to “Settings”

4. Click on “Application Saved Data Management”

5. Select “Saved Data in System Storage”

6. Select “Copy to USB Storage Device”

7. Select Stranded Deep

8. Select all files and press “Copy”

9. Wait until transfer is complete

10. Remove External Drive

11. Zip up all files copied to USB drive including “.bin” and “Profile” files

12. Upload the zip file to a share drive such as google drive, one drive or dropbox and send me the link via DM.

13. You can update this thread too when you’ve sent so I won’t miss the DM too if you like.

Thank you and regardless I’ll share this update with the team :slight_smile:

Ill see if i can find a USB drive that my PS5 can use. But my new issue my throw a wrench in everything.

Thank you Hobbitinacyclone, I just responded to your new issue but I feel the team may still wish to look at your save, even if it’s for the newer reason.