[ps5][2126][Trophies] 10 day trophies are BROKEN

Summary
Essentially I tried to get all the 10 day trophies other than seafarer on my multiplayer save, which didn’t work, then I read on Reddit that you have to do it in a single session without exiting to main menu, I don’t know if that’s true or not but erring on the side of caution, I tried it anyway, it still didn’t work, then I tried starting a fresh save and seed on singleplayer instead and went for all the 10 day (including seafarer this time) trophies (again, did it in a single session without exiting to main menu after day 1 to be on the safe side), and it still didn’t work at at day 12.

For clarification, I started a new game in my save slot 4 on singleplayer I collected the crates from 3 shipwrecks upon loading in, I never entered water deeper than my ankles after that point (which was within the first 5 in game hours) so I can’t see how island hermit at the very least didn’t pop by day 12. I killed crabs, bats and seagulls and cooked them to increase my cooking so that my other food would go further, I did not eat any meat, I only ate coconut, potatoes and rations, so fish are friends and going green should have triggered. I mostly stayed on a wood floor with a wall and roof to protect me from UV and ate and drank when needed, collected fibrous leaves every couple days and killed what animals on land I could. I also never slept so seafarer should have triggered as I never slept on land. I never died, never got poisoned, never got injured. I did get diarrhea once though.

Seed
Multiplayer seed: 15812631
Singleplayer seed: 16231002

Settings
Were any of your settings changed from the default options and have you added any custom Islands?

No. No settings were changed, I changed the characters gender but that’s it.

Steps
What steps, if known, can cause this issue to occur for you?

I don’t know, I tried it on multiplayer and on single player on two different saves and seeds

As I said before I tried over multiple different saves, which took me multiple IRL days and my console was fully shut off so the cache should have been cleared between attempts.

It is absolutely ridiculous that your company made a game with trophies that require a minimum of ~3 1/4 hours (~6 1/2 hours for all 10 day trophies) to unlock but don’t work, then you say “did you try this? Did you try that?” Pretty much trying to get your player base (your customers in other words) spend dozens of hours trying to figure out an issue that you should have fixed before you ever even released the game in the first place. I’m not going to troubleshoot this any further, that’s your job, fix your game and let me know when it’s playable. I’ll likely not spend money on or recommend anything from your company until you do.

Also (and I’m sure I’m speaking for your entire player base who suffered through your trash game) when you do fix the issue, it’d be nice if you found a way to award the trophies to all of us who already met the requirements (maybe just to anyone who played it up to that point since they’re all just bronze and you screwed up so bad with development) so we don’t have to waste 6 1/2 hours of our lives again.

Same problem here.
Seed:15995615 (single player)
Game version: 2126

Survived for: 90 days
Have not left the island for over 15days. Not stepped a foot on water or on the float thats anchored near by.
Have not eaten meat for over 12 days (only coconuts, beans, potatoes). I have killed any boars, snakes, giant crabs that respawned.
Not slept for 12 days. Have been making saves using the mattress and camp ( last 5 days)

No change to any settings. Not created any custom islands on cartographer.
Only using save slot 1.
Have reloaded game multiple times with console fully turned off for over 2 mins.

Hi Fight-OfYourLife and Trubacs,

Thank you both for reporting these issues. I understand these trophies not unlocking can be frustrating for players. An update was released today to tackle this exact issue with unlocking timed trophies that players are experiencing. After updating to version 2130 (this number will display in the bottom left of the main menu), please try to unlock these trophies again - I do not believe the fix retroactively checks for completed criteria.

If you continue to experience issues unlocking them, please let me know and I’ll alert the dev team. Please also note, when trying again (though I understand you did not use them previously), that a number of achievements require game-generated islands to unlock.

Thank you.

While I appreciate that I can get them now (and I have gotten two of them somehow), it seems they are still broken haha, I got seafarer after I’d been sleeping in my house (on my starting island) (I use a sleeping bag and I build into the water, so the sleeping bag was about 3 foundations off of the sand of the island, I was under the impression that you needed to be far enough out to sea that the starting raft could use it’s anchor) and island hermit while I was fighting Lusca the Great…

Hi Fight-OfYourLife,

Thank you for letting me know you’ve managed to get two of the achievements so far.

Seafarer can unlock by not sleeping on land, or by sleeping out on the water, but you do not need to be in the middle of the ocean for this to work, you can be just off shore, which, from your description it sounds like your house would’ve counted as being out far enough.

It’s possible the popping of Island Hermit was delayed, but I’ll make a note for the team that you got that achievement in a boss arena.

Ok, it’s cool to know that you just need to build far enough out for seafarer to pop.

I’ve also gotten fish are friends since then, but the only food I’ve been eating is smoked small meat (made from a variety of small fish, a few crabs, and a few seagulls) and while I suppose I could have gotten all meat that used to be crabs or seagulls from my massive pile, I don’t think it’s likely (it’s probably a 30 fish to every 1 crab/seagull ratio, the odds are astronomically low that I randomly picked up non fish meat for 10 days straight) is it possible that smoking the meat removed the “fish” tag? How does the game differentiate fish meat from non fish meat?

Hi Fight-OfYourLife,

I’ll need to check with the team regarding if the smoked label on meat would affect the trophy and get back to you.

In the meantime, one of the Devs asked if it would be possible to get a copy of your save file considering the strange unlock of island hermit around Lusca the Great.

If you’re happy to share a copy of your save file with us, please use the following steps:

1. Turn on PS4 / PS5

2. Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the console.

3. In the main menu, go to “Settings”

4. Click on “Application Saved Data Management”

5. Select “Saved Data in System Storage”

6. Select “Copy to USB Storage Device”

7. Select Stranded Deep

8. Select all files and press “Copy”

9. Wait until transfer is complete

10. Remove External Drive

11. Zip up all files copied to USB drive including “.bin” and “Profile” files

12. Host the files on Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox or similar and DM me the link. I can then pass your files onto the dev team for investigation.

Thank you.

Im sorry but I don’t own a usb drive, and I don’t really have a use for one aside from this, so it wouldn’t really make sense to buy one. I’ll check with my family to see if anyone has one I could borrow.

Hi Fight-OfYourLife,

Please do not worry about it. The team can continue to look into issues without a save file and we would never expect players to have to purchase a usb or go to the trouble of borrowing one if they do not have one themselves to hand.

Thank you for letting me know anyway :slight_smile: