[PS5][2083][COOP]Items disappearing from chests

For the topic title above, please use the format:

Summary
When logging on to our game today, the host was able to see all items in the chests however the co op player could not see the items and upon interacting with the chest, the items begin to appear in the physical world but are unable to be interacted with by the co op player. After resetting the game, the console and the internet modem, these issues persisted and seem to have no workaround.

Seed

Settings
All default options

Steps
Starting up the world with my co op partner, all chests for the host will be filled but for the joining player they appear empty.

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console? Yes
-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting? Yes
-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not. Tried resetting internet and console multiple times, no success from either.
-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue.
-Images / Links - If you have any images or clips of the issue happening, please include them.
Video link of issue: Stranded Deep CO-OP Bug - YouTube

1 Like

Hi Jbro, welcome to the forums,

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues in Stranded Deep Coop - Thank you for reporting this to us and for sharing that video, this very helpful to see the issue in action and I will pass it onto the team.

Please let me know:

• Did this occur with any chests not stacked in container shelves?
  • Could both host and co-op player see the items outside the chests?
  • If the host takes the chests out of the shelves, do they still behave the same way for the co-op player?
  • If the host can still see items within the chests, if they take all the items out of the chest close it, and then place them back in, can the co-op player see the items again? (This was a workaround for a similar issue that was reported after the recent update)

Any extra information you can provide about your experience of this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for reporting it and sharing that video.

Why has this not been updated? We just got back into this game and I’m doing our first run. Granted a littler further than wanting to restart. But he can’t see anything as player 2 in boxes we have stored unless they are removed by me and replaced. It is a pain. Have done restarts of our games ect and it’s been days of this. I’m on ps5. Him ps4. Any update?

All boxes stacked or not
All items work as should out of box.
I remove them for him and place back in he can use them but can’t see everytime we start the game. Also if he finds a box and saves it all contents go missing for him

Hi Strandedpipi, welcome to the forums,

My apologies for the delay in responding to you. Thank you for sharing your experience of this issue and for sharing your feedback - I understand that the workaround of removing and replacing items is not ideal for players.

While I know the team are working on the next update, I do not yet have details on when it will be released and if it’ll contain a fix for this issue. Please keep an eye on the News and Announcments section of the forums as any information on updates will be posted there as soon as they’re available.