PS5 1.08 Can’t load save from main menu

I started playing coop with my friend and we saved at the shelter multiple times before leaving the game. When I load back in to start up a session the saves slots say day 0 and it creates a new game instead of loading the one we were playing. I checked all the save slots but they are all day 0. Idk if this is a multiplayer issue but it’s annoying and we can’t play until this is fixed.

This has happened 2 days in a row and we were both hosts.

Says the same for me but in reality i think it’s a visual glitch, when i loaded back in it was fine. Just having the no interactions bug rn

it’s not visual cause I just tried again and it went to the plane scene and made me start over

May be a different bug then, seeing that they just added multiplayer i knew there would be bugs just the matter of when they’ll be fixed. i can’t even play my multiplayer world rn because of the “no interactions” bug

Hi MasterKyle08, welcome to the forums

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your save.

Please let me know:

• Was it the host or player 2 that saved last before quitting the game in each instance?
  • Can you elaborate steps taken and what you observed when saving? did you notice if an in game alert confirming the save appeared on the left side of the screen? Please note that “sleeping” does not save the game.
  • Is this the first time you’ve created a save? If so, if you create a single player save does the issue with saving persist?

It was the host that saved last both times, we saved at the shelter and saw the notification that the game saved. It was the first time I created a save and I have not tried a single player save yet.

Thanks for confiming those details MasterKyle08.

If you check the save files for Stranded Deep on your console, does there appear to be a save file there even if it is not loading correctly?
Is Stranded Deep loaded onto the main console or are you using extended USB storage?
Please try a single player save to see if it saves correctly as this would show if it is a general saving issue, or if it is multiplayer based.

Stranded deep is loaded onto an external storage drive. I will check the save files and and single player when I can.

Is Stranded Deep also on an external storage device for the person who hosted the game you tried to join?

If this is the case, if at all possible please try multiplayer with Stranded Deep loaded onto the console. I will also keep an eye out for an update re save files and single player - Thank you for taking the time to check!

Stranded deep was also on extended storage for my friend who hosted it and I joined.

I put stranded deep on my console storage.

I started a new single player world and made a shelter and saved game. When I went to the menu it let me continue as normal. I then tried to go into multiplayer with the save and when i loaded I was put into the plane and lost my progress. It was the same map it just reset me to the beginning.

I’m pretty sure its a multiplayer issue.

The save slots each say 18.88 mb which I’m pretty sure is the start of the game.

I’m having the same problem, played for hours with a friend last night, both saved numerous times, save file is now gone with the only option to start again, we don’t want to again if this is going to happen again

Im having the same issues were me and my friend both tried our own worlds and we both saved at the tents and it showed thay it saved on save slot 1 then when i logged out and try to log back in an hour later its not popping up for me and i cant continue where i left off same with my buddy

@MasterKyle08 - Thank you for checking the single player game and for trying Stranded Deep on your console storage. I will add these attempted workarounds in my report for the team. I will also double checking with the team about the size of the save file you mentioned. If they have any further suggestions I’ll post them here for you.

@Will-spins and @Anna11518 - I’m sorry to hear this issue is affecting you too. Are you both playing on PS5 also?

Follow up - The team are wondering if the can get a copy of the save files to see if they can figure out what’s happening with them. Please note we cannot fix and return individual files but the team will use the files to investigate what is causing this issue and release a fix for the community as a whole.

I believe the steps for the PS4 are the same as the PS5 for transfering saves…

1. Turn on PS5/PS4
  2. Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the PS4.
  3. In the main menu, go to “Settings”
  4. Click on “Application Saved Data Management”
  5. Select “Saved Data in System Storage”
  6. Select “Copy to USB Storage Device”
  7. Select Stranded Deep
  8. Select all files and press “Copy”
  9. Wait until transfer is complete
  10. Remove External Drive
  11. Zip up all files copied to USB drive including “.bin” and “Profile” files
  12. Email us the Zip files to contact@beamteamgames.com or you can host it online and send us the link.

Please let me know here once you have sent it and include your forum username in the email. That’ll make it easier for me to find the save files and forward them to team.

1 Like

I sent the file. It had to be a link to google drive because the file was too big.

Hey I just played with a friend for about 3 hours and I saved as the host of it and as I were in the main menu the file did not override the last saved game!

• Was it the host or player 2 that saved last before quitting the game in each instance?

The Host

• Can you elaborate steps taken and what you observed when saving? did you notice if an in game alert confirming the save appeared on the left side of the screen? Please note that “sleeping” does not save the game.

Game saved appeared

• Is this the first time you’ve created a save? If so, if you create a single player save does the issue with saving persist?

No it only don’t work in koop games

Sorry for the delay in responding @MasterKyle08 - I can confirm I found the email you sent and have forwarded your save file onto the team. If I recieve any more information from the team or if they have any more questions I will comment on this post.

@ChaosFromWalhalla - I’m sorry to hear you’ve experienced the same issue when saving. Thank you for answering those questions for me. Can you confirm if you are playing on the PS5 also? You also mentioned that the file did not overwrite the last saved game. Had you successfully saved this particular game save before or were you looking to overwrite a different older save?

Saving works now after the 1.09 update. I don’t know if this is intentional or not but if you have a single player save on slot 1 and then load up multiplayer on save 1 it makes a new save. Multiplayer save slots and single player save slots are different even if it says the same number. I just want to know if that is intentional or not.

1 Like

Hi MasterKyle08,

Thank you for that update, I’m glad to hear that you are able to save your multiplayer game. I am not sure what was included in this mini update but will let the team know that your save is working after this.

With regards to the numbers, the team did inform me that the numbers of days survived displayed relates to single player saves, whereas to see the number of days survived in multiplayer, you would need to look at the number in the pause menu when in the multiplayer game. Does that help to answer your question? If I’ve misunderstood, please let me know.