PS4 v1.09 - v1.11 Crashing when saving at tent

@Clare

Hi Clare. Just a routine follow up to let you know that this problem persists, no matter which version of the game you’re playing on or started your save slot with. As far as I’m concerned, long term play on a save slot is just completely broken. It’s unreasonable to expect anyone to play knowing that every time they save the game it may crash and lose all of their work since the previous save. Half the time you don’t even know what all you did or where you went since the last save. After so much time and so many reports, the devs should at least respond to us, other than to just say they’re aware of it. It’s clearly a resource issue and pretty easily replicated.

Just to reiterate, it will never occur on games where skilled players try to escape quickly. It will only happen in longer games, where players are scavenging more of the map, apparently pushing the limits of the games’ resources. I’ve escaped dozens of times, mostly in 6 to 10 days with no problems, but I would like to actually play the game as it is intended and do some real building. That’s effectively impossible with this current problem, unless a person is willing to endure lots of crashes and having to frequently repeat the work they’ve done. Chopping trees, building, and sailing around the map is tedious enough without having to redo it.

Again, I understand the multiplayer problems have been a priority, but from what I can tell this problem is starting to affect them too, now that some of them have played far enough into the game that it triggers the crashes. Either way, this really needs to get properly addressed.

1 Like

Hi EDenney,

Thank you for following up and for sharing your feeback both on the gameplay and communication. I understand where you are coming from on both and will pass this feedback onto the team.

I too have seen a number of reports of issues from players playing multiplayer. While I’m unable to confirm if it is the exact same issue but would agree there are similarities and for some reports they are possibly related. I believe I have this already noted for the team on my reports but I will double check to ensure it’s there.

A post was split to a new topic: Crashing during saving