[PS4] [latest version] [Multiplayer] Unable to die/ be insured

Summary
I am 2nd player in a game where a friend is the host. We have had the crate problems occur where the crates are empty for 1 of us but not the other. The work around works for this
Have also had the invisible player issue where player 2 is invisible to player 1 only the name is visible. Exiting and returning back to the game resets visibility.

Main issue is at times i can not die or take damage as 2nd player. My air does not go down when swimming my food, water, health and SPF levels do not change. And when this is happening for me at the same time all the fish stop moving for both players and swim in place, sleeping does not seem to change these levels either i can increase the food and water by eating and drinking but nothing else changes, health can not go up when full of food and water. This would make things easier you would think but i find that after we save and exit then return back onto the game i can be almost dead and the glitch is still happening so i can not raise my health again. If i leave the island the glitch seems to stop for a short time but i take damage and die.

Seed
Unknown as i was not the host but these have happened on different save files also.

Settings
Only setting changed was setting multiplayer game to private. No custom islands added.

Steps
Unknown but seems to only start after a few days or more.

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console? yes
-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting? Yes
-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not.
-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue.
-Images / Links - If you have any images or clips of the issue happening, please include them.

1 Like

Have you checked the gamemode?

Immortality is a creative only thing

Its not in creative mode it is on PS4 and does not have creative mode on console as far as i am aware, also multiplayer and i am not the host but the host can take damage and die where as i can not.

Another reason why online co-op needs to be fixed

This almost sounds nice! Player 1 is dehydrated and starving in the hot sun, player 2 walks up drinking their coconut drink like it a nice beach vacation.

Hi Billsy88,

I am sorry for the extended delay in responding to your post. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and the details surrounding your experience with it.

This sounds very similar to an issue reported by another user, where the status of the fuel in the raft motor and containers would not update for player 2 during gameplay but on reloading or rejoining the game, everything would be updated, but they still could not affect it.

I understand however that this happening to your character has a bigger impact as the host cannot help work around the issue.

Please let me know:

• Have you always played with the same host?
  • Have you ever swapped who was hosting? Did the same issue occur for Player 2 if you did host?
  • Does the issue occur from the start of a new game, or does it happen after some time?
  • What is the NAT type of you and your host? (if different, please indicate which is which)
  • Are you using a wired or wifi connection?
  • What router type and ISP are you and your host using?
  • Are you in the same household or different households when playing?
  • Have you noticed any other statuses not updating in game, such as items containing fuel or water?
  • You mentioned leaving the island and the issue stopping for a short time. Do you leave with the host, or do you go alone?
  • Are there any other instances where you have experienced the issue stopping in game?

It sounds like there is a desync between you and your host. Any additional information you can provide would be greatly appreciated as it may help the team in their investigation and I might be able to provide some suggestions to see if there is a workaround we can find for you.

Thank you, and sorry again for my delay in responding.