For the topic title above, please use the format:
[Platform][Game Version][Affected Topic] Post Title
For example: “[XB1/PS4][Audio] Sharks singing too loud at night”
The game version number can be found at the bottom left of the main menu.
For the main post please follow the summary as best you can:
Feel free to edit and replace each section with your own info.
When playing multiplayer, player 2/guest looses all game audio after opening a chest. Also when they open a chest the items spawn on top/outside the chest (the chest then appears empty). Loading times have become significantly longer since this issue has arisen. Other than this everything works perfectly. I (the host) am having no issues.
Settings are as follows -
Private world auto region
Difficulty is normal
World type exsisting
Wildlife is cureently at default though the issue began after we turned it to passive
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console? Yes
-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting? Yes
-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not. Host emptying chests and refilling before guest use prevents the issue, however it Returns next day.
-Please feel free to provide any other information you feel may be relevant to this issue.
-Images / Links - If you have any images or clips of the issue happening, please include them.
Hi EmoGal22313, welcome to the forums,
Firstly, I saw your comment in a post created by another user. I am sorry you had not yet received a response to your post. I do my best to get to every console post during the week Mon-Fri and if I missed yours when responding to others at the end of last week, I apologize. Please feel free to tag me in original posts if you do not receive a response in a few days and I will respond as soon as I can.
Secondly, in regard to the issue you are experiencing, I am sorry to hear this has affected your gameplay and appreciate you reporting the details of your experience to us.
Can you please confirm for me:
- Do you see the number 2116 in the bottom left of your main menu? I only ask because the PlayStation version numbers on the console itself differ slightly whereas the version number within the game itself helps me to confirm you’re on the latest version regardless of location.
- What in-game day are you on?
- Do you recall what in-game day the issue started occurring on? You mentioned it started occuring after you set the wildlife to passive. Did this feel like it was instant / directly related, or did it occur around the same time?
- Can you recall what progress you had made in the game up to that point?
- Are you in the same household on the same connection, or are you in separate households?
- If you’re on the same connection, are you using wired or wireless connections or a mixture of both?
- What ISP and router are you using?
- What is the NAT type of both players (this info is in the console network settings)
- You mention PS4/5 in your title, are you on different PlayStation types? This should not affect connection and desyncs for players but it would be good to have this information for the team for reference when testing.
- If player 2 hosts a save instead, does the same issue occur?
- Does this happen with all crates or only crates in certain situations, such as crates on different islands, only crates at your base, etc.
- Can you describe your base island for me, if you have one?
- If player 2 leaves and rejoins, do the issues with the audio resolve for them, or does the whole save need to be reloaded?
While the team are working on issues with desyncs like what you described with how the contents of the crates appear and disappear from player 2, I do not recall an issue with the audio being lost before. I’d greatly appreciate any additional information you can provide about your gameplay and setup so I can pass this onto the team who are working on these issues for them to investigate.
Heya! Thank you for responding!
To answer your quearions:
- the number is 2116 for both players
- i beleive we are on day 24. This might be slightly higher as i played solo on our world last night.
- i cant say i am sure however we were definatley into the teens when it began. We turned wildlife to passive around the same time however the issue didnt start until some time into playing.
- we had made a raft but i dont think we had made much(if any) progress on the house. We searched the shipwrecks around starter island and are living on the one between the big boat (story point) and the starter island.
- we are playing online across countries however the ping never went above 230 largley remaining below 200
- i am unsure what NAT we are on. Im new to my ps5 and have yet to figure out how to check. I dont currently know about my friend.
- i am hosting on ps5 and my friend is on ps4
- we have not tried p2 hosting and will try today.
- all crates are affected
- we have a house made out of wood/sticks that is 4x6 i think? We have hobo stove, meat smoker, farm pots, a loom and a gas refiner thing i cant remember the name. Its the island between the story ship and stsrter island.
- the audio comes back if we reboot however opening a chest starts it again.
Thank you so much for your time
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, I really appreciate it.
I had added a comment to my report on desyncs regarding your audio and crates issue and will update the report with this followup information.
Please let me know if swapping the hosts has any effect. But please note that the save is maintained on the host’s console, so your friend hosting would be a new save, so the same issues may take time to appear, if they’re going to.
Also, while it’s likely not the issue as you’re able to maintain connection with your friend, you can find the NAT type by navigating to…
PS5 home menu > Settings (cog wheel icon beside your avatar) > Network > Connection Status > Test connection
If the team have any further suggestions of workarounds that you can try, or thoughts around why player 2’s audio could be affected, I’ll follow up with a message here.
Thank you again.