PS4 2083 Glitches/Freezing

Hi Demonhunter1107,

Thank you for the details on your standard method of gameplay. Your note on the crates is interesting and I shall add it to my report. There is an issue with crates in shelves that some players experience where they are shuffled on reload or when lag occurs that the crates start acting up such as displaying items outside of themselves or desyncing contents in multiplayer. This appears to happen primarily with shelves rather than stacks of crates and there is a chance there could be something related there… I will be sure to highlight this for the team. How many shelves on average would you say you use in your prefered raft layout during a playthrough?

If you do change how you play, please do let me know if it does / doesn’t have an impact on the issue occuring. This may help to rule out gameplay actions triggering issues. However I do understand this is time consuming so if you decide not to that is ok, I will still make a note on it as a potential angle for the team to look into in my notes.

Hi there. Ok so ive done whatbu suggested. Nothing was lying loose all in crates. Normally my raft has 16 shelves filled with crates. I now made ir smaller only had 8. Seemed to save better. Got to about day 40. Built my house smoker everything was fine. Then i built plots to plant potatoes in which i havent harvested yet. Built9 with 9 water stations. Bombed out same errormsg. Luckily i saved shortly before. Willtry with less but does seem with everything you said and ive done that main problem lies with game not being able to take too much stuff. Ie loose stuff, too many of something. Will see what else i can source. Also picked up that even at different island tge further in the game you get the longer it saves and sometimes battles to load island meaning short freezes. So work for both of us it looks like.

Hi Demonhunter1107,

Thank you for trying what I suggested and for giving me an update on your experience. From what you’ve described there may be a limit being hit there as the crashing happened after adding more items to the game after reducing items elsewhere, such as on your raft.

Are the short freezes happening at the midway point between islands for you? Players most commonly describe this when they’re loading (arriving at) or unloading (leaving) their main island. Have you experienced this between two other islands that you haven’t built on too?

I’ll add all of this new information to my report and please do let me know if you notice anything else.

Yeah itbhas happened a few times. But its after day 20. I read someone elses comments about saving and it seems to work. When saving look away from bed or hut where u save as soon as. Takes abit to save but doesnt bomb out. Ive built helicopter and flown. Seems when i get neer a different island it battles to load but does. But hasnt frozen yet. Gonna try kill bosses today. Will let you know how it goes. But that saving methilod seems to work. Defenatley problems with game as it never used to do it. Maybe server is crowded. Sure aloy of people have bought the game last few years. Not sure

A post was split to a new topic: [2083] PS4 valueError loading map

A post was split to a new topic: PS4 “Cannot Use Content” Error

Hit day 56. Looking away when saving seems to help. Also saving more regularly. Killed 2 of the 3 bosses. When i wanted to save before going out for 3d one regardless of looking away snd being on a different island with almost nothing on still froze. So lets try again today. But got much further daywise regarding the whole saving. Gonna read see if there arent any other tricks like this saving story. But feel something really to be looked into as game was never like this.

1 Like

Hi Demonhunter1107, thank you for that update on your getting to day 56 and at what point you started experiencing the crashes and what the in-game setting was like when it froze. I agree though you got further day wise, there must be something trickling down in game to eventually cause this for players.

Harvested potatoes and put them in my starter crates as suggested. They dont highlight so can select to take them out. So only option is to keep them in your own inventory which us stupid. Pleasesee to rectify. Im on day 37 with new game. Everything in crates built big house to store everything no freezing. Gonna start harvesting clay to make house to sleep in. Had feeling last game thats where it started freezing aswell. Will let tou know. But potatoes huge problem. Time for a propper update

1 Like

Yep we stopped play. Waiting for updates

I have the same issue with the potatoes myself. Wanted to plant them. Now just a useless crate. I know your frustration

1 Like

Thanks for that information Demonhunter1107, I’ve added it to my notes.

Ok so. Ive doneall that u said. Everythingisin crates as in even my grass and sticks nothing loose. Day30 tried saving from hut. Looked away as it was saving still froze and bombed out. Getting rediculous really

Hi Demonhunter1107,

Thank you for that update and for trying to keep everything in crates. I am sorry it did not ease the issue for you.

Going over the reports from different players that have reported a similar time limit to crashes, a lot of players have had a significant number of crates and particularly container shelves. While I am not a dev myself I believe there is a possibility there may be a connection there as players have also reported issues with crates shifting outside of shelves or other disruptions related to storage - though I understand this is then works against reducing gathering of loose items for players and would be difficult to workaround. As I said, I am not a dev so it is only a theory but I have shared it with the team and will continue to update my report with information from players.

I know I’ve said it before but I understand how frustrating and disheartening crashes like these can be and I want to thank you again for sharing information on your experience with me so I can pass it onto the team.

Day 32. Playing on new island didnt do anything was swimming to camp and it just froze blue screen. Must be something with game and not crates coz im not near my island. Please sort, beyond frustrating

Thank you for letting me know. I’ll update my report with this info and send feedback to the team also.

Demonhunter1107, would it be possible to get a copy of your current save file? I’m hoping that as your crashes are consistent and on all islands that it should help them with their work on this issue and test a fix for it.

If you’re happy to do so, the instructions for sending us a copy of the file can be found here: [Save File Request]

But please note the team cannot fix and return individual files, it would be used to work towards releasing a fix for the community as a whole.

Will see if i can do it. Really getting bad now. Ive been walking around with potatoes on me in my backpack for days. Planted 6. Now the 4 i have left doesnt highlight either. So now im stuck with 4 potatoes and a space in my backpack i cant use. Ive sace after all this. Dont know if it will pickup previous saves where it froze on other islands. But as i say even happened walking on another island where i didnt even try and save. Please tell me how i can send u my saved game. Will help anyway possible to get these problems fixed

Thank you Demonhunter1107. There is a step by step guide for sending save files in this post here: [Save File Request]

I can add your save file to a report on items getting stuck in inventories too. Even if the potatoes are no longer stuck (sometimes stuck items can be used again after a save and reload or a cleared cache) I will add it anyway because the team might have success in using your save file to replicate this issue.

Hi there mailed those saved games as requested. Last problems were in slot 3. So they can have a look

1 Like