[PS4][2071][Gameplay] Can't interact with most things

So what about it happening to me midday on day1 of a new game?

Dunno. But would you care to stream it live on twitch so I could watch?

Please.

If anything just to compare notes as whats being done differently.

I can show you in multiple saves… or start a new game if you have the time to watch.

They must have had an ongoing save from pre-patch.

Hi all, commenting so I know I’ve read to here and also to say thank you to everyone who has share their details of their various experiences and what they have noticed occuring around the time this issue triggers.

I understand that this issue is very frustrating and is disrupting gameplay for everyone here, but please try to keep this post on topic and avoid accusations against the teams or their intentions. They are working to resolve this issue and appreciate the community providing so much information to help track the cause of this issue down.

Thank you again.

@DanBurke420 if you can recreate it precisely at 7days, would you be willing to create a separate bug report here and give me a run down of your gameplay style and what you typically would achieve in 7 days?

I’m not trying to make accusations. I just want to see it happen differently so I can compare notes.

I would do absolutely anything to help resolve this. I absolutely love this game.

I’m new to this site but definitely not new to the game… and I’m not sure exactly how to make a new ticket thus why I’m trying to understand in conversation. I can literally show you in a live stream.

Or try to create a new thread. Looking to see where and how

The “New Topic” button at the top right of any main page will let you create a post. I cannot watch a live stream from here but a run down of your day to day would help me in reporting to the team and if you have a vod you can link to I will watch it as soon as I am able.

Ok. Sorry if I’m a bother. I just like the game so much and I’m absolutely certain of this after seeing it happen over and over with others as well as myself.

Its frustrating.

Again. Sorry I’m just so certain I’m on to something.

I understand! And I appreciate you taking the time to share this information - it’s not a bother at all :slight_smile: I’m just trying to get as much information as I can to the team as best I can.

Done. If it’s not posted in the correct spot or if you need more information please help. Also. Willing to help beta test anything before a patch goes out if the devs need beta testors for the Xbox1.

1 Like

Many of us had more than 70 days because of pre patch saves. Also you may be causing it to happen at day 7 by doing something that others may do on day 5.

For me as long as I was on my established home island I had no problems. Could stay there for days/weeks with no issues. Mine is triggered when I leave my home “cell” to visit an unexplored island.

1 Like

I would still love to see how that happens. There is pretty much basic things to stay healthy one needs. (Shelter…camp fire smoker etc) from a new save you can only aquire so much and level so fast before the 7th day. This is why I’d like to see someone get something different than a 7 day bug. I was on twitch last night literally telling people when their games would glitch. I nailed absolutely every single prediction.

Note you can’t really test this with prior saves because there’s to many things that could be the issue.

Not going to argue here, but I believe this to be untrue. I’ve been a programmer for 25 years and the logic doesn’t fit. From being in this forum for several days now I would bet on the following…

This bug has little or nothing to do with time of day. Why? Because every user reports a different time, and some have even reported cycles. This likely has nothing to do with day. Why? Because every user reports different days.

I’ve no doubt you are managing to replicate the bug at day 7. But perhaps you should consider what you are doing at the time the bug triggers. As well as what you’ve done until that point. It is very possible that some of us are doing whatever triggers the bug before day 7. It is also possible that some of us are avoiding it for longer than that.

You are right there is only so much you can gather in 7 days to build survival items. However, if traveling has anything to do with triggering it, it could easily happen before day 7. Some people may travel more often than you, be more picky about the island they want to stop on, or just get unlucky and travel into a glitched “cell” early on.

All information is important when trying to fix bugs, but please understand that just because these are your experiences does not mean they are everyones experiences. Theirs aren’t wrong or not useful because they are different than yours. We are all here because we love or enjoy this game and we want it fixed too.

1 Like

Read the comments lots of people are having it happen on days besides 7. Your here promoting twitch going on about 7 7 7 arguing if anyone says it didnt happen for them on day 7…

3 saves day 10 day 9 day 12. I didnt magically survive 5 extra days without noticing a bug or using supplies. Your pushing the devs in the wrong direction for no reason. Stop trying to trademark “7daybug” hashtag twitter whatever. Hundreds of people clearly wrote it happened days other than 7. We believe you so believe us.

2 Likes

No I’m not. That is absolutely incorrect.

Dan i believe you when you say its happening on day 7. But also i dont think anybody here is lying when they say another days and times. I wont stream because i dont know how to do it and i dont have the time. I just wish they fix the bug already, because im almost giving up playing the game at all

1 Like

Nor do I. Thus why I want to see it to compare notes.

Anybody saying it takes longer is probably talking about prior saves with days already in play.