[Ps4][2033][constant game crashes]

I’m on a roll today… 30+ game crashes(blue screens) 24 hrs… I have big build but there is barely anything else on the island, I reduced my boat size to minimal,
6-12 crates and if I try saving on other islands lagggg. I’m at a 50 50 ratio for save vs crash on any island and that’s ridiculous… I have tried many walk arounds and its hit or miss. I know it’s my build but its frustrating. I just want to build without crashing, I can deal with a little lag but when I lose progress constantly it’s a huge issue. I hope you are all working on something to help. I now I’m new here but I want to help make this game better. Love it(minimal frustration due to patients) I will keep reporting but my time is valuable & Blue screens and lag definitely damper the experience and I’m positive that I’m not the only one that is frustrated with the constant crashing (probably my fault).

Hi Dank-a-licous

First of all - Thank you for reporting all of these issues to us. I really appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your experiences, provide feedback based on them and answer any questions I have :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had so many crashes and completely understand how frustrating they can be. In the past reports of lag have shown loose items to be a bigger contributor but a player recently mentioned that they found the stick roof pieces contributed the most to lag on their island where they had minimal items. Another player also found that red container walls might be a factor and found that swapping them out in their build helped.

If this was’t your big pyramid you were referring to, please describe the build as best you can and the materials you’re using - I understand getting a screenshot of this might be difficult but any extra details would be a great help for the team.

Thanks again!

I’m using red container pieces and stick roof panels lol. I’ll get some stuff deleted and see if it helps. I’ll get you a video. I just didn’t wanna show my build yet… its huge lol

No rush if you want to keep it under wraps for a little longer! I’ll keep an eye out for an update from you.
Fingers crossed swaping some materials helps as it will hopefully work in your favour as well as mine for passing information onto the team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok I am getting very irritated. I am trying to deconstruct my large build and no matter what I do I keep getting crashes everytime I try to save even on empty islands. It seems to be that the game cannot process the amount of stuff I am doing in between saves. I’m almost about to delete the whole island and start over… :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face: been playing 5 hrs and only one successful save… blue screen 7 times ugh

Well its coming down… I will rebuild

1 Like

Thank you for the update Dank-a-licous!

When building in your saves, are you using only resources gathered from surrounding islands or are you using the custom islands to help gather too? While I don’t think it’d have a huge impact on the lag you’re seeing, I’m wondering if you do, how many islands you’d have modified at this stage for this save.

Maybe 10 custom islands have been made. I switch out and delete them after I strip them. I removed the island that I was building this on. Has been running a little better today. No crashes(fingers crossed) I was able to salvage most of it. It was painful due to the crashes. It was going to be a huge fishing spear/trident. I got to 50 stories. I think the red panels were the problem. I went crazy when I first started with the red panels, had to do something with them lol

Thanks for confirming that Dank-a-licious. I’m glad the game is running a bit better. If you continue the spear/trident (which sounds awesome btw) please let me know if the performance drops again when using other materials.

Will do. I’m working on a new build and I have noticed a little lag but the game actually saves. It sure does struggle during saves. I am using different materials this time. I’ll keep u posted

1 Like