Poisoning inside shipwrecks

For the topic title above, please use the format:
*[PS4][2116 I believe][Gameplay] *
[PS4][2116][Gameplay] Getting poisoning in shipwrecks

For the main post please follow the summary as best you can:
Feel free to edit and replace each section with your own info.

Summary
Swimming through shipwrecks gives you poisoning sometimes and I think it’s the coral doing that but I don’t think it should. Let me know if this is not enough detail.
Seed
Not sure I’ll figure it out
Settings
Difficulty: Normal
Wildlife: Default
Permadeath: Off
Character Gender: Male
Starting Crate: On

Steps
Swimming in shipwrecks underwater

Extras
-Have you tried reloading your save, game or console? (Yes)
-Have you tried clearing the cache of the console by shutting down for 2 mins before rebooting? (Yes)
-Is there anything else you tried to alleviate the issue? Please let us know whether it was successful or not. (No)
(By the way this is my first post so I may not be doing everything right)

Stray lion fish maybe?

Things that cab poison you are

Urchin
Sea Snake
Lion Fish
Crown of Thorns

Hi Videogamer672, welcome to the forums,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve experienced issues with poisoning.

As Lothaer pointed out above, there are a number of things that can poison your character in Stranded Deep. And some may have perhaps clipped the ship in question.

Did you notice any of the creatures Lothaer mentioned above after you were poisoned? I’ve personally been hit by poison a number of times when swimming by creatures I didn’t know were there until after the fact.

Crown of Thorns has also been reported by players as clipping through part of the terrain so they are well hidden from view.

Thanks for the reply, but I don’t always see what I was poisoned by. I think you’re right about the crown of thorns or maybe the urchins glitched in the terrain and the coral. I sometimes swim inside the coral but I don’t see anything. Do lionfish and sea snakes clip through structures?

Hi Videogamer672,

I’m sorry for my delay in replying to you.

Players reported in previous versions that some creatures could clip through the ships. However I believe the team issued a fix for this in a previous version. If you do notice any fish clipping through ships, please let me know. However if you did not notice them in the ship with you, I would suspect it was a crown of thorns or similar that cause the poisoning.