Please allow joining of "Floors" and "Foundations" at same level

I built a 7x9 boat house at the shore edge, jetting outward over the water. My 5x4 raft docks inside of it, under it’s 3rd & 4th floors, so i can take my time loading/unloading/sorting my cargo even at high noon…
Unfortunately, i focused on building upward and getting the roof done first (which is actually just a 5th floor with no walls or stairs to get up there…) so that the rest of my building could be done without having to worry about the sun beating down on me…
Well, now i’m trying to fill in the bottom level which I had to use Foundations for cause i couldn’t get a floor to place on ground. And I have 1 spot I can not build a foundation at leaving a hole in my floor. The thing blocking my build is one of those purple “Crown of Thorns Starfish”. It’s in the way of 1 of 4 poles for the foundation.

So my thought is, let me put a “Floor” there instead. No “poles” = no problems. Other than poles, there doesn’t seem to be any difference between Floors & Foundations anyway. Both require the same exact type&qty build components…

I was dreading the idea of rebuilding what i’ve done so far somewhere else… but I went looking for a better build site anyway. And can’t find one that has nothing blocking a build anywhere in the footprint of what i’m making.

So please let us bridge over this kind of stuff by attaching “Floors” to “Foundations”

Another idea would be allowing us to harvest these starfish, would make for a good poison tipped spear to fight those mean monstrous hyperspeed Hogs with… Land a couple thrown poison spears from the safety of a tall boulder and just wait for the beast to drop dead!
But the purple starfish aren’t the only build blocking lifeforms as far as i can tell, the living coral looking stuff also seems to block builds… So unless we can harvest everything else i’m back at my first suggestion…

I think my 1st suggestion would be good for lots of people building on land and running into un-logical build blocking issues there too. We can somehow sink a foundation pole through solid rock, but not through some non-harvestable bush/hedge…??? really??? :wink:

4 Likes

I thought this same thing, this idea would be amazing to have in the game.

1 Like

Yesss built a base one time from separate ends and it barly missed eachother.

1 Like