PC [Epic] Multiplayer Saving Issues

Hello, I’m sorry for the introduction but I don’t want to create another thread for the same error… And since the OP didn’t answer I’ll do it myself, if it’s not a bother.

• Actually playing on PC [Epic Games Store].

• Game version is 2083.

• Both players (Host and Guest) we tried to save, and sometimes just the host, but no matter who tries to save, never change anything.

• I’m using a shelter to save, and being absolutely sure I click save, even multiple times.

• If I exit the game after saving, and stay on the main menu WITHOUT CLOSING THE GAME, the “Continue Game” option is still there, but if I exit the game completely, the “Continue Game” option disappears, I just have the option to start a new game.

• As I mentioned, if I stay in the game without closing it, the continue option is still there, so if I press continue the game stays there and I can continue normally, if I completely exit the game (let’s say restart the PC) the option to continue is simply not there, and I have to start from 0 again, that is, from the plane sequence.

• It doesn’t seem like it honestly, what folder should I check to see that?

• No. I just installed the game and reinstalling it doesn’t fix this, I also tried to create a character, then start a game as host and save and nothing changes.

• No. Even check that the option to upload to the cloud is active and it is.

• It’s Private. US.

• I tried changing the save slot, nothing change, and I haven’t trying to change the region but honestly I don’t thing it will change anything…

• My game is on external drive.

• Just some lag spikes.

• I’m using a wired network connection.

Thank you very much and I hope you can fix the problem soon, if you need more information about the problem I can help you to solve it before

Hi BlackCardiac,

Welcome to the forums. I moved your post to it’s own thread to prevent any confusion of reports should the OP reply, but also because your issue is occuring with the PC version of the game instead. I do greatly appreciate you taking the time to read through the forums and responding to my queries from the other thread in advance. The PC team may have some additional questions and I will forward this post onto them as well as letting the console team know of your experiences.

Regarding save files, you should be able to find them in C:\Users\YOUR_ACCOUNT\AppData\LocalLow\Beam Team Games\Stranded Deep\Data - please also let us know if you are using the cloud save option in the EGS launcher.

Hi BlackCardiac,

On the main menu after starting the game, what number is in the bottom left of the screen?

After saving (while game is still running), do you see save data in the following location:
C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\LocalLow\Beam Team Games\Stranded Deep\Data ?
Is that data still there when you reload the game?

If you could also provide you and your co-op partner’s full specs that would be very helpful.

To clarify; does the “Continue Game” option also disappear for your co-op partner upon restarting the game?

• On the main menu after starting the game, what number is in the bottom left of the screen?
  • After saving (while game is still running), do you see save data in the following location:
    C:\Users\AppData\LocalLow\Beam Team Games\Stranded Deep\Data ?
    Is that data still there when you reload the game?
  • Nop, I don’t see any change in that directory, before and after saving, only 3 folders appear, which are: “default maps”, “licenses” and “bundles”, and in fact the number of directories and files did not change either, it simply remained as it was in the beginning
  • If you could also provide you and your co-op partner’s full specs that would be very helpful.
  • Mac Mini 2014, i5 4620U, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 5000 Graphics, Mac OS Mojave, Steam
  • To clarify; does the “Continue Game” option also disappear for your co-op partner upon restarting the game?
  • Yes, we both have to start from 0, even though my partner saves the game he doesn’t have the option to save either, we have to start from 0 every time we want to play.
1 Like

Hello, and it’s fine, thanks to you.

I don’t see a single change in those directories, literally not even a single file… And yes, I have the Epic cloud active, and so does my partner, besides in fact the screen that takes the longest to load is the “loading data to the cloud”

Thanks BlackCardiac.

A bug report has been submitted on your behalf and the team is investigating.

1 Like