[PC][0.90][COOP] Sync loading stuck

Hi! My sister and I have had this issue. Here is what we did:

-We changed our regions to the same [(usw) our region]

-I had her load into a coop world, build a shelter and save

-Then she exits and creates a lobby where I joined

-We both loaded in

Hope this works for others!

This does not work. Beam Team please fix your crap!

I’ve tried everything now, just want to play this great game with my friends. Please send assistance.

Tried everything this this snake guy said and still doesn’t work. How bout you fix your ■■■■■■ game that we paid good money for instead of having us do this wild ■■■ goose chase with no reward at the end. I’m over this

1 Like

Same problem for me even if I wait on the island for 2 minutes before my mate joins me…

1 Like

How can we fix this ?

You can’t. Return it while you still can

1 Like

:’(
Pls fix this dev :frowning:

1 Like

pls fix :c
:broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

1 Like

FINAL SOLUTION TO SYNC LOADING STUCK AT 0% FOR STRANDED DEEP PC:

To sync load one person needs to be connected to VPN for co-op to work without a problem. I used a VPN and my teammate did not use a VPN. My teammate was the host and set the region to their location.

My network settings are as follows:

1) IPv6 is disabled on all network connections. You can disable this from your Network and Sharing Center from Control Panel in Windows 10.
a) Open your Network and Sharing Center from Control Panel.
b) Click Change Adapter Settings in the left panel of the Network and Sharing center.
c) Right-click on your network adapter that you use to connect. (This could either be your Wi-Fi connection or your Ethernet/LAN connection.) Click Properties. Then untick the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6). Then click Ok.

2) Smart Multi-Homed Name Resolution is disabled. You can disable this from the Registry Editor or Group Policy Editor. (In Windows 10 you can no longer disable Smart Multi-Homed Name Resolution via the registry editor.) To do this via Group Policy Editor:
a) Tap the Windows super key on your keyboard to bring up the start menu/search.
b) Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
c) Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > DNS Client > Turn off smart multi-homed name resolution.
d) Set the policy to enabled, to disable the smart multi-homed name resolution feature of the system.

3) Microsoft Teredo IPv6 network tunneling is disabled. You disable this in command prompt with administrative privileges.
a) Press the Windows super key on your keyboard to bring up your start menu/search.
b) Type cmd to bring up command prompt. Right-click on it and click Run as administrator.
c) Once your command prompt is opened with administrative privileges issue this command:

netsh interface teredo set state disabled

d) If you need to re-enable Teredo later you can issue this command:

netsh interface teredo set state type=default

4) Now you need to restart your PC after disabling IPv6 on all network adapters, disabling Smart Multi-Homed Name Resolution, and disabling Microsoft Teredo IPv6 network tunneling.

5) Next, use a VPN with a kill switch enabled. A kill switch is usually provided with whatever VPN provider’s application you’re using so this could vary from provider to provider. I use VyprVPN with WireGuard as the protocol. There are free VPNs like ProtonVPN which are good.

In my case, the host didn’t use VPN. I set all of my network settings according to the steps I listed above and connected to my VPN with kill switch enabled. WireGuard protocol is always the fastest and most reliable, but other common protocols such as IKEv2, OpenVPN, L2TP with IPSec, and Chameleon VPN should also work.
It’s important that you apply all of the steps above. In Windows 10, having IPv6 enabled, having Microsoft Teredo IPv6 network tunneling enabled, and/or having Smart Multi-Homed Name Resolution enabled can divert your internet traffic away from the VPN tunnel and cause DNS leaks which can de-sync your game and drop the connection.
I suspect that VPN works to sync load the game because it routes the network traffic through a single tunnel in a specific way whereas not using the VPN leaves too many variables with packet losses and packet segmentations. This is especially true in Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. I’m not sure about Windows 11. By applying these steps we were able to play co-op with a 100% success rate with sync loads. I hope this works for you.

These network issues don’t exist on Linux systems or BSD systems.

2 Likes

Its ridiculous that this issues still exists. ■■■■■■■■ fix it!!!

1 Like

Hello, do I have to set up these settings 1-4 for the client and host? Thanks

Wild that this problem still exist months later seems like the devs don’t even care for pc anymore

1 Like

The sync 0% bug is still existing, even this bug is known for nearly a year now. I can just shake my head.