[PC][0.90][COOP] Sync loading stuck

Hey @Night_Snake how it looks?

Any update or workaround on this? Bought it just for the multiplayer but stuck on sync save or sync world loading screens no matter how we try. Tried all the steps mentioned here and on steam forums.

2 Likes

I am still having sync load stuck on 0% with my friend that lives 15 miles from me. Frustrating I just want to play this game with my friend and no matter what I try it isnt possible. I wish there was a way for me to setup a connection to him via hamachi lol.

as a lot of people, I managed to play one gaame with a friend, we both died so we re launch a new game, and sync is stuck to 0% itā€™s very annoying. Iā€™ll send my saves data if it can helps. The bad thing is that I played more than 2 hour so I can get a refundā€¦

Any update on this? A buddy of mine just bought the game to play with me. We got one session in and got this same issue. I was able to play with another friend and he and I were unable to replicate this issue.

Same here, tried with my brother kept getting stuck on sync %1
Tried exiting and rejoining

I come back to give news about my experience i described 3 message before this one.
With my friend we tried to give the game a second chance, we thought about what can cause this isssue, itā€™s about ā€œsyncā€ so I believe itā€™s about network. I unplug my ethernet cable and decided to go with WIFI and host the game. Miraculously it works, we can manage to play together, quit the game and relauch it without any problem.
If you already play with WIFI, and canā€™t plug any network cable you may give a try to play with your phone 4G it should worksā€¦ maybeā€¦

It seem that the ā€œstuck with the Sync Wordā€ come from the server and not the installation ā€¦
It work in LAN.
We still have issue of a disconnect of the client about every hour ā€¦

cant find the folder but it looks like everyone is having this issue just rebought the game in hopes to play with my friend but nothing works to fix it I hope you guys can get it sorted on pc

Hello! I donā€™t know English, so Iā€™m sorry for the mistakes.
My friend and I have the same problem

What we did:
1.Rebooting the computer
2.Š’eleted the save file
3.Reinstalled the game
4.Used a VPN
5.A friend used my save file
6.Disabled the Firewall

If a friend connects to me, the synchronization of the world is different (for example 11%, 54%,77%, 99%).
If I connect to a friend, the world sync is always 0%.
Playing on Steam version, windows 10 (We havenā€™t tested it on other operating systems)

The problem has been partially solved:
We used step 5 (We have the same save file)
Then we try to connect until we connect
This can happen with 1 attempt or with 50ā€¦ But we donā€™t give up and play together

I would like you to fix it and we connected on the 1st attempt). I hope the information will help.

1 Like

This may be close to the problemā€¦ I had a friend who was able to join me (heā€™s on wifi), but my other friend and I are unable to connect (sync 0%). He and I are both wired so it could be a configuration within their multiplayer network settings.

Alright, Iā€™ve had this problem since my partner bought the game with the intention of playing co-op together. We have managed to re-load our save twice in our last attempts after a few tries, and Iā€™ve noticed two potential things:

1. If memory serves, the majority of the times she tried to connect and failed, it was storming.

2. Weā€™ve never managed to get the game to sync save if we both were in the lobby. I have had to start the save, wait a few minutes, then have her join in order to get it to work.

Iā€™ll keep posting any updates I may find for this, but it seems to work for us.

1 Like

Did some more troubleshooting, having the host sit in the world for 60 seconds then having the second person join seems to work consistently.

1 Like

Can confirm THIS WORKS @SmObRa, I donā€™t know how you figured it out, but you are a legend!

1 Like

Honestly, just some troubleshooting that my girlfriend and I spent a night doing. Duplicating the issue, testing different methods. That indicates that it is a server-side issue with the lobbies taking time to sync with the servers.

1 Like

Buddy just got the game for him and I and we get stuck at 47% for some reason fresh install just booted up the game first time kinda disappointing this isnā€™t a priority when we canā€™t even play the game unless we just do singleplayer lolā€¦

Good morning everyone,

I was able to find a solution that could counter this problem.
In fact, multiplayer co-op did not work for me and my friend. When I tried to join it, the synchronization of the world blocked at 0%, 33% or even 50%. I tried at length the various manipulations to counter the problem but all the solutions brought to me did not succeed.

After a lot of failed attempts and a little thought. I noticed that random people could, they could connect without problems. I tried to remove my friend from my steam friends list and join him but without success. I also tried to connect to the world and wait a few minutes, share my backup folder, deleted it and relaunch the game, relaunch my pc or reinstall the game but still the same problem.

It was then that I came up with the idea of using a vpn since people who are not in the same region or the same country know how to join my party. And as if by MAGIC, the synchronization was done by itself without problems the first time. I will explain my steps so that I can help as many people as possible while waiting for the next update of this problem.

First, the person who does NOT host the party must install a FREE vpn (Windscibe for example) which is very easy to manipulate or another but this one worked for me. He himself configured himself on the ā€œAmsterdamā€ channel, one of the closest to home (maybe it wonā€™t be the same for you, I live in Belgium). Once configured, launch the game, your friend hosts a game in public, he passes the scene with the plane and once on the buoy, the person with the VPN can join the game.

For me, this ā€œtechniqueā€ worked.

PS: We both own the game on the steam platform.

Feel free to send me your feedback, thank you.!

VPN used : tempsnip|342x320

Hey all! After taking a break and coming back, I was sad to see we still had this 0% issue. I tried every variation of suggestions above to no avail.

But we finally got it to work. I havenā€™t reproduced the specifics, but the key element was the following:

The person joining me had to fail one time.

We Let the sync screen sit for a few minutes at 0%. Eventually, my partner would time out and disconnect. Upon attempting to reconnect, the percent started rising and we were able to play coop. We reproduced this twice.

However, I also had a VPN on and switched to the region of my partner. I was too afraid to change what worked, so Iā€™m unsure if this had an effect, but seemingly the key element was try, fail, retry.

I hope this helps someone! We were so close to giving up, but this works for us.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask if there is any news about this bug? Because for me and my buddy the workarounds didnā€™t work and itā€™s been over 2 months since the multiplayer was released. We both use the Steam version.
Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

too often, my friend drops, logs back in and drops again during connection, and if they do get in, there are items missing from view, (for example, our raft, they can see the container shelves and containers, but cannot interact with the raft itself because the base is not visible. this happens a lot. and it takes 4.5 min to quit, and rejoin the game. some days, we spend more time reloading than actually playing.