[PC][0.76.00][Bug in-game] Problems to find gyrocopter parts

Hi, my name is Tomas and I am from Argentina. I am new in this forum and I am very happy because I love Stranded deep. I didn´t finish the game yet, but I have visited around 12 islands and all the shipments that are near them and I didn´t find any gyrocopter part. I start searching about it in some steam forums and I saw that a lot of people had the same problem some months ago, and they said that they only found one at the airport carrier (I have not found that island yet). So the questions: Is this problem solved? Are the gyrocopter parts only at the airport carrier? Are the three parts needed to craft the gyrocopter at the airport carrier? I have read that some users added some custom islands to solve the problem and find the parts there, but I want to pass the game in its original form. Beforehand thank you so much, I really want to continue playing this fantastic game

Seed: #57081765
Settings: default optionshem.

Duplicate message moved from Console Bug Reports by Clare
[Please be careful about posting duplicates. If you post in the wrong section and are unsure how to move it, please highlight it and we will do it for you rather than posting again. Thank you]

Hi, my name is Tomas and I am from Argentina. I am new in this forum and I am very happy because I love Stranded deep. I didn´t finish the game yet, but I have visited around 12 islands and all the shipments that are near them and I didn´t find any gyrocopter part. I start searching about it in some steam forums and I saw that a lot of people had the same problem some months ago, and they said that they only found one at the airport carrier (I have not found that island yet). So the questions: Is this problem solved? Are the gyrocopter parts only at the airport carrier? Are the three parts needed to craft the gyrocopter at the airport carrier? I have read that some users added some custom islands to solve the problem and find the parts there, but I want to pass the game in its original form. Beforehand thank you so much, I really want to continue playing this fantastic game

Seed: #57081765
Settings: default options

Hi tch2k,

Thanks for the details about this issue.
I’m looking into it and will submit a bug report for you.

Just to clarify, are you on Epic?
If you’re on steam are you running the experimental branch?

Hi. Same here. I’m on Epic, Stable build 0.76.01. Can’t find any gyro parts.

1 Like

Im on Epic too, and can only find the one part on deck at the carrier. Really looked forward getting the gyrocopter, as I feel i have reached the “end game” at the moment (big base, almost everything havested one islands). Im looking forward to the this game evolve.

Also on Epic, also not able to locate any Gyrocopter parts after visiting half the map and 150+ days. Going to look at the aircraft carrier, but if it has at most one part, that wont do much good. Any updates on this?

UPDATE: So I just went to the carrier - Found 3 Gyro copter parts there. So it seems as if, at least for me, this is a non-issue.

I’m on Epic (0.76.01) - 3 gyrocopter parts were at the carrier, BUT, if you don’t pick them up (which i didn’t), they’re not there the next time you go back (i’ve tried going back multiple times).

1 Like

ohh, ouch that is harsh… Not the exact location probably for this thread but, I really dislike the parts being on the carrier. It is before the time in which I owned this game, but as I understand it the gyrocopter parts used to be found all over like the engine parts. While I understand that this is far too many parts, I think the carrier is not the ideal location for them either. The carrier is endgame, and there is really no reason, imo, that one needs to go there until you want to get ready to leave. So, unless the devs intention is that the gyrocopter only be used to fly back and forth to load up supplies for the endgame, it would be cool to see the parts placed randomly on islands throughout the archipelago, much like Wolly(Wilson) is found on one island. This also solves another issue for me with the game-play: There is no reason to really visit more than a half a dozen islands or so, other than for more supplies to build a massive base, which is really not needed, other than for your own pleasure/aesthetics. I would like to see a reason to have to explore most of the islands, like perhaps you cannot get to the top of the carrier WITHOUT the gyro copter, and thus you must search for all the parts until you have them. We certainly don’t need to visit very many islands to collect engine parts, flare guns, or flashlights… Lanterns and the occasional ration are about all I even grab after I have established a decent base at this point. Having a reason to search all the islands, explore the map, in order to find the gyrocopter parts would be a great way to extend gameplay.

1 Like

Sorry for my language, english is not my native language. So gyro parts are in carier, but they can sink to the ground. i had that issue when i cant find them, went to the carier and not find them, so i opened save file in editor, and i noticed that gyro parts are somewhere on one island, becouse they was listed in save. also they have own coordinates, so i created backup of savefile and edited own coordinates, thesame as one gyro part coordinate, when game loaded i noticed that im below carier on the ground, and all parts was there. maybe when island is showing anl loading, then colisions of carier loads too slow, and all stuff can sink to ground.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve found gyrocopter parts only in the carrier and in one game I didn’t pick them up and they were not there when I came back.

Hi, I just recently started playing this game and absolutely love it! Thank you so much for the great game!
I hate myself for only finding this game now…
BUT… I also have the same issue on finding the gyrocopter parts… I have been all over…
Please , please, please can the developers look into this and give us an update!
Thank you so much!
I really wanna build the gyrocopter! :sob: :sob: