Not getting trophy for finishing the game

[PS5][Latest][Trophy] Not getting trophy for finishing the game

So we finished the game after 60 (very long and tedious) hours. I was playing with a friend, with me being the client and him being the host. We grinded through all the trophies (Two of each took like 10 hours) and when we finished, he got the trophy for finishing the game (also for finishing without using compass) and also got the platinum. As for me, well, I got nothing. I was very disappointed when I realized that I’ve wasted this many hours and couldn’t get the platinum.
After this incident, I looked up this forum and found that these trophies got disabled for the second player for some reason.

I just want to say that I think it is a very bad decision and completely ruined the whole experience I had with this game. It completely loses the point of playing the game in multiplayer. So as my last hope, I would kindly ask the developers to fix this issue, so we can finally finish this game. Thank you for reading.

3 Likes

The achievement hasn’t shown up because of the co-op screwing things up.

1 Like

Hi Meddrin, welcome to the forums,

You are correct that “Out of the Frying Pan” and “Magnets, how do they work?” will only unlock for the host in a multiplayer game.

I believe part of the reason for this is to avoid players joining a multiplayer game at the end and receiving the achievement without having played the rest of the multiplayer game - which would be possible as anyone who joins multiplayer takes the “Seat” of Player 2 in that game rather than joining as a unique character.

I do, however, understand that after playing through the game and finding these achievements did not unlock for you it can be disheartening and I will pass your feedback regarding this onto the team.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I hope the team decides to do something about it.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m relaunching this topic.
@BeamTeam any update?

I just had the exact same experience on Xbox Series X.

After 62 days in game, my friend and I finally completed the escape challenge of Stranded Deep, and the following achievements didn’t unlock for me: “Magnets, how do they work?” and “Out of the frying pan”, while my friend got them (he was the host).

It’s really frustrating and it literally kills the game experience because doing the 100% achievements on your game in co-op is not an easy thing to do on console (lots of latency, lots of cache clearing needed, craftsmanship level stopped increasing for me during almost all my game experience, etc…).

Your game has the opportunity to be on the Xbox GamePass and bring the experience of Stranded Deep now in 2023 to several thousand Xbox players.

So, please understand that this situation is disappointing and not acceptable for a player who has played your game legit.

The whole point of co-op gaming is to play and celebrate achievements together, especially after hours of play.

I hope this will be resolved quickly.

Thank you.

1 Like