[Multiplayer] Co-op issues

Other co-op Stranded deep co op issues*

-Non host player disconnects when halfway across to another island when both players are on one raft together. Host unaffected/remains in game.

-Non host player can cross islands with raft alone without disconnecting

-Items dropped hover in air - both host and non host

-Fish in the water tend to ‘swim’ above the surface of the water off the coastline of the island

-Dropped items by non host player drop through map- coconuts/coconut drink/coconut food — this occasionally happens in a straight play thru, then periodically comes back/goes away randomly

-Host player attempted to push raft coming toward him away from him, this caused the raft and player to fly into the air together about 15 feet before falling to the base level.

-player will randomly drop items from inventory ex. I was swimming and character dropped cloth from inventory - it made the drop item noise so I checked.

• sometimes shark music plays when we are close to each other, but upon entering water there is no shark anywhere to be found.

• crabs in co op will randomly be seen clustered together moving in a circle - about 4-5 crabs.

Hi Jhanson,

Thank you for reporting these - I moved your post to a new topic so I could address these directly and keep track of these and any other issues you may mention.

If you don’t mind I have a few follow up questions

• Can you confirm for me if you’re playing on XB1?

• Are there any specific items that hover in the air when dropped or does it appear to be random? Do both players see these hovering and can they be picked up again?

• With regards to the fish, is this during a storm or when waves are choppy or is this happening during regular weather? Is it any particular type of fish?

• Could I get the seed number of your map and the location of the island you’ve noticed items dropping through the map?

• Was the cloth you dropped when swimming something your character would have been carrying in their hands on the island, the last thing you picked up or was it a random item from your inventory? Would your experience with the cloth be consistent with other dropped items?

• Are the crabs in a circle evenly spaced or are their models overlapping on each other?

Thanks again!

1 Like
  • Im playing on PS5 and my co op friend was on PS4

• hovering items included coconuts and sticks, I believe they hovered if I tried to drop multiple items in a spot. Both players could see sticks dropped hovering by other player, however occasionally the dropped coconuts by one player could periodically not be seen by the other player. They can be picked up again. I was having issues as non host player where I would try to interact/break down coconuts and they would disappear and host player would have to break the coconuts so I could use them.

• The fish swimming out of water seems to only happen with choppy water/storm. This happens inside partially sunken ships and out in the water edge. The fish are mostly small fish - sardine/clownfish

• seed was 000000666

• yes - the cloth was the last thing I grabbed from another island before I dropped it halfway back to the home island, I fell off the raft and was dragging it toward home island when I heard the cloth drop out of inventory. I also did not have full inventory so I didn’t accidentally drop it.

• The crabs are close together, maybe 2 of the group are a little farther apart

Thank you for those extra details Jhanson. If you notice anything else, please let me know and I’ll inform the team.

1 Like

You’re doing an awesome job btw!

1 Like

Thanks Jhanson! I appreciate your support and understanding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Additional issues from co-op gameplay

• upon loading a multiplayer save file the hut and raft I built previously had moved to the very center of my island half submerged and stacked on one another. I couldn’t move the boat, but I could use my axe to break the material down, but could not loot anything as it fell through the map.

*occasionally crafted materials when inventory is full they need to be dropped once crafted have a chance to fall through the map. I placed a buoy base as an addition to my raft base and it made the placement sound but actually did not really fabricate.

These items in my last game were: buoy base, crude hoe

• Palm frond fibrous leaves and clay once harvested and before picking up have a tendency to roll and clip through rocks that are part of the environment. Once they do this you can’t interact to pick them up. You can still quick craft lashings in order to make use of the fibrous leaves you can’t see it seems.

• My teammate and I have both been having trouble in solo/co-op placing raft parts when we build them on land and in water, you have to get it just right to work.

Hi Jhanson, thank you for reporting these.

With regards to the items moving to the centre of the island, I had a report of the same issue occuring for one player with their campfire and raft. Was your raft near your shelter when you last saved? And was it yourself or Player 2 that saved last?

When you places the buoy base, did it block you from placing anything in that area as if the base part was invisible or did the game act as if it had never been placed?

I was in a multiplayer game by myself, I do believe the raft and house were nearby one another. I definitely had the hut about halfway between center and shoreline, and the raft was dragged onshore I believe. Then when I logged in they were directly in the middle of the map stacked on each other and the raft was locked in place.

For detail, the hut was made of a square base with four walls and a square roof. All sticks, the raft was composed of a stick base- just one base, the stick floor, sail and rutter. Not sure if larger structures would do the same thing or not.

In regard to buoy base, when I placed the base beside the first base I built it made the sound telling me it was placed, however it definitely did not register. I was able to build another one and place it where I meant to place it. I do not believe I moved the raft from that spot, I just basically built over the failed attempt. - basically yes. Acted as though it was never placed initially.

Thank you so much for those extra details Jhanson - I had misunderstood and thought that your shelter used for saving had moved as different players call it different things but I should not have assumed. Thank you for confirming how your hut was constructed as well. I’ll correct my report for the team.

Thank you also for confirming what happened with the buoy base, I’ll add that to my other report.

1 Like

Post v.2074 issues
Co-op
Friend is host on ps4, I am guest using ps5.
I believe we are both USA East region.

This is a long list of gathered issues- I’ve seen most of this in multiple games (at least 3). Figured I’d do my part and share what we have still been experiencing. Sorry for length -trying to be thorough/helpful.

Disconnected from host mid game 1 hour into play twice - we were on two separate islands both times. Another game I disconnected 4 times in 3 hours of playing together

I was adding palm fronds to a fire on my screen, but on host screen it was telling him I put the fire out. I watched him use kindling to relight it on my screen while it was still lit from my perspective

There seems to be a slight delay in interacting/picking up items before the action happens. This occurred for some time in one game for both myself and the host.

I had rawhide in inventory, can’t interact/drop. Aquired from an island or two away couldn’t use it at home island.

Host had sail open on boat, mine said it was closed.

Was sailing to an island with just trees, halfway across the water the game stuttered and re rendered a rock island in the tree islands place. The game stuttered again and loaded the previous tree island. Then the whole island was wiped clean so that it was barren with no items on my screen as I was approaching it. My friend could see the whole island rendered in correctly. I disconnected shortly after going onshore, clipping through the environment on his screen.

Reloaded into same game and both his raft and my raft were spawned in the center of the island half submerged in the ground. I also lost all of my inventory and all four tool belt slots and the assigned items as well. Before disconnecting I was holding a quwawa fruit and box, but both items were also on the ground in front of me then I disconnected.

It shows the hosts anchor deployed and a line going from the original placed anchor to whoever the host goes with the boat. Example: his anchor showed deployed in the shallows of our island and a line from that point an entire island away/ to anywhere he sailed to.

We both left and reloaded due to the aforementioned island issue/other issues experienced from this thread. The save we had before venturing one island over were we encountered the issues. reloaded one island He had built a bunch of buildings near the shoreline going into the water, they were moved on my screen to the center of the map along with both our boats, campfire, and meat smoker.

We played for 3 hours and didn’t hear or see any sharks while underwater.

The big boars stand still when approached and only run from you when you stab them. They don’t attack at all only run away. The little boars will even run underwater.

Snakes move around, but when approached did not make the rattle sound.

1 Like

Hi Jhanson,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. Thank you for continuing to report the issues you have noticed. I really appreciate it and shall pass these onto the team.

I just have a few bits I would like to double check with you…

1. For the fire that stayed lighting for you, but not the host. Do you recall if it was crafted and lit by yourself or the host? And was anything else attached to the fire at the time?

2. The rawhide you could not use on your own island. Did you craft this yourself? Was it in your inventory for the entire trip back to the island or did the host at any stage carry or touch the rawhide or a crate it was in?

3. With regards to the sail, the nautical terms are inverted, so the sail will give the option to “lower” it which means to close it. Can you confirm for me if this was a difference both in the sail and the text? or just the text displayed?

4. The island that changed as you approached - was this island generated by the game or one that your host created and placed in the game? For your host, was the island they saw and visited the island with trees, or the one with rocks?

5. When you see the raft anchor deployed, is the host seeing the same or does the anchor appear to be raised for them?

Thank you again for reporting all these issues and any extra details you can recall would help me in filing reports for the team.

Some of the issues you mentioned are ones I’ve seen mentioned by other players, so I’ll be updating those and then creating new reports for the more unique issues.

[quote=“Clare, post:12, topic:2326”]

• For the fire that stayed lighting for you, but not the host. Do you recall if it was crafted and lit by yourself or the host? And was anything else attached to the fire at the time?
  1. Host made the fire, I don’t think anything was attached at the time yet.
  • The rawhide you could not use on your own island. Did you craft this yourself? Was it in your inventory for the entire trip back to the island or did the host at any stage carry or touch the rawhide or a crate it was in?
  1. I skinned the boar on another island to get the rawhide and I had it in my possession the entire time.
  • With regards to the sail, the nautical terms are inverted, so the sail will give the option to “lower” it which means to close it. Can you confirm for me if this was a difference both in the sail and the text? or just the text displayed?
  1. I didn’t read if the sail was actually stated in text as “lowered” when in fact it was “raised”, but I mean to say that on my screen the sail was lowered and on his screen it was raised in terms of what it was visually doing. The boat was against the shoreline so either way it wasn’t moving.
  • The island that changed as you approached - was this island generated by the game or one that your host created and placed in the game? For your host, was the island they saw and visited the island with trees, or the one with rocks?
  1. The island was generated by the game. I don’t know the seed of our game, but it was not altered in any way by the host to create any other new islands. The island the host saw was the island with trees the entire time. I was communicating with him that it was re-rendering as a new rock island and he had no idea what I was talking about. It just got buggy for me. When we got to the island it was correctly loaded for him and I was completely clipping through the environment on top of the base island.
  • When you see the raft anchor deployed, is the host seeing the same or does the anchor appear to be raised for them?

I believe the host does not see the anchor deployed on their screen.

Thank you for taking the time to answer those questions for me Jhanson, I’ll add all of these details to my reports for the team.

As always if you notice anything else, either related to previously mentioned issues or newer ones, please do not hesitate to let me know.

1 Like