Magnets, how do they work trophy

I’m trying to get this trophy, and am wondering if the gyrocopter will cause it to fail. I have built one but not used it as i clicked that it has a compass on it.

1 Like

You have to beat the game without using a compass I think

Yea i was wondering if building a gyrocopter but not using it will cause me to have to restart the ordeal.

1 Like

Hi Ben90, welcome to the forums.

I had this question myself before too! I double checked with the team to make sure nothing has changed and can confirm the trophy should still unlock if you use the Gyro :+1:

The restrictions only refer to the handheld compass.

1 Like

Ops I was wrong :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I used the Gyro and still got the achievement. Wasn’t thinking about it until after I got into it, that it has a compass. At that point I just said “Whatever, if it works, it works.”

And it worked! Kind of funny, too. Flew to the carrier and ran out of fuel AS I was just over the top of it. Timing couldn’t have been better. :joy:

2 Likes

This is it like what I said

Awesome, thanks for all your help :smile:

2 Likes

Did you picked up a compass (No on hand) on your inventory or a crate containing a compass?

There is some much thing online that suggest if I carry a crate that has a compass I will lose the trophy too, can you confirm? If no, can I too grab the compass and toss it out (Not in my hand, just in the inventory)?

Hi TooT_ToRy_Boy,

You should be able to carry the compass in a crate and remove it / throw it away via your inventory. The trophy tracks whether it is in your hand or not which would count it as being “used”, so long as the compass is not held by your character, you should get the trophy.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Clare, after finishing the game I will see if it works because some people a long time ago were saying that it glitch, I used the Gyrocopter as well.

Hopefully it works for you.

Just to confirm the Gyrocopter shouldn’t impact the achievement, you should be able to use it without issue. However if you’re playing as Player 2 in a multiplayer game, the “Magnets, how do they work?” achievement will only unlock for the host on completion.

This is due to how multiplayer is set up and to prevent players recieveing the achievement unfairly by joining a multiplayer game right at the end.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Hi Clare, I got the throphy! So summarizing all I did:

1. Used the Gyrocpter.
  2. Manipulated multiple crates with a compass inside.
  3. Extracted multiple times a compass from a crated to my inventory (Not in my hand).
  4. Stored multiple times a compass in a crate.

This seems to be working pretty fine now! Thanks!

1 Like

That’s awesome, I’m glad to hear it! Thanks for confirming what steps you took too :slight_smile: I’m sure this will help others!