[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Stuck in "Cleaning Up" phase on load

Tengo el mismo problema en PS4,fui a guardar partida en el refugio y la pantalla se congelo,no salió ningún error de PS y al volver a iniciar partida se queda atascado en limpiando, he reinstalado el juego y sigue sin funcionar, he creado otra partida y al guardar 3 veces a pasado lo mismo, espero que lo arreglen pronto

Translation added by Clare using Google Translate:

I have the same problem on PS4, I went to save game in the shelter and the screen froze, no PS error appeared and when I started the game again it was stuck in cleaning, I reinstalled the game and it still does not work, I have created another game and when saving 3 times the same thing happened, I hope they fix it soon

Hi @Clare
Nothing out of the ordinary in my case. Dropped a sleeping bag on another island and attempted to save the game but that hung. Quitting and reloading the game was when I ran into the stuck on Cleaning Up issue.

Hi Clare,

I am also experiencing save issues since the update yesterday.
Single player.
Was on a new game, about 10 days in.
Went to new island, created shelter, tried to save and game froze. Sat there at least 10-15 minutes.
Restarted game, would not load.
Stuck on “cleaning up”

Started new game in new save slot.
About 4 days in went to new island, same exact thing.

If I cannot go to new islands and save, the game is unplayable.

1 Like

System : ps4
Patch 1.12
Game version 2078
Game froze while saving
Tried reloading save, game hangs on cleaning up phase.

Is this a single player or multiplayer save?
–Single
How established is the save (in game days)
–2, still on first island.
Was the save created in the latest version (2074) or was it created in a previous version and updated?
–new game (2078) this seed #4132021
Do you experience any FPS drops / lag on your island?
– once in awhile when I pick up an object, not often.
When saving are you using a shelter or sleeping bag?
– Shelter
Have you noticed any common factors when the game crashes such as save location, time of day, what you did during your gameplay sessions, etc?

• no

Hi. I downloaded new update 1.11 but still the game stuck in cleaning up mode , and didnot let me open the gameplay

Hi all,

I’ve moved some posts here to prevent some confusion in other threads.

I’ve informed the team of this issue occuring for players after the 2078 update and they are investigating. Please let me know…

• When you saved after getting notificiations on the left hand side of the screen (errors or otherwise)
  • or, If you left for another island and then saved there.

Please also include what platform you are playing on and if you are playing on a new save or one updated from 2074 or earlier.

I will update the top post to redirect the comment here too.

Hola me ha pasado lo mismo jugando en ps5 , la partida se congeló después de haber guardado , reinicié el juego y cuando empieza a cargar se queda en “limpiando” y ya no carga absolutamente nada , espero no haber perdido mis 141 dias de Progreso e iba a por el platino , el juego está muy roto ,arreglalo por favor, juego en mundo predeterminado, fauna pasiva , probé a subir las partidas a la nube de PlayStation Plus y volver a descargar y reinstalar el juego pero nada funciona

Translation added by Clare using Google Translate

Hello, the same thing happened to me playing on ps5, the game froze after saving, I restarted the game and when it starts to load it stays in “cleaning” and it no longer loads absolutely anything, I hope I have not lost my 141 days of Progress and I was going for platinum, the game is badly broken, please fix it, I play in default world, passive fauna, I tried uploading the games to the PlayStation Plus cloud and re-downloading and reinstalling the game but nothing works

Hi Cristian5456cm, welcome to the forums.

I moved your post to this thread and added a translation to your post (we ask players to include an english translation when posting as all our staff are english speakers and it helps us both maintain the forums and get through posts quicker.).

Please see my recent comment above and if you can provide any extra information regarding your experience or what actions you took the last time you saved and if it matches either of the scenarios above I would greatly appreciate it - Thank you!

Tried to save, game froze tried to load it back up and now I’m stuck With the cleaning up BS this is crazy I was only on day 26 I can’t imagine being on day 100 or something you need to get ahold of this save glitch and get everyone’s saved back this is ridiculous honestly

Hi hub.pierce10082002, welcome to the forums.

I understand this issue is frustrating for players and the team is currently investigating what is causing this issue to occur for players after version 2078. Please see my comment above - [Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Stuck in "Cleaning Up" phase on load - #137 by Clare - any extra information you can provide about your experience of this issue would be greatly appreciated as it can help the team to investigate further.

Lo siento no hablo inglés, intento ayudar a lo que pueda, me gustaría que arreglaran el juego lo antes posible porque lo estoy stremeando en twich y la gente está muy cabreada con los bugs y encima perder todo mi progreso , no pienso empezar de 0 si mi partida no vuelve a cargar y pierdo todo tened por seguro que os llevaréis una mala publicidad , tanto por mi parte como por los espectadores

Translation added by Clare using Google Translate

Sorry I don’t speak English, I try to help what I can, I would like them to fix the game as soon as possible because I’m streaming it on twich and people are very pissed off with bugs and on top of that I lose all my progress, I won’t start from 0 if My game does not reload and I lose everything, rest assured that you will get bad publicity, both from me and from the spectators

I have been playing for roughly 2 weeks from the start of November on ps4. Everything was fine until I updated the game a couple days ago. Now I saved via a sleeping bag and the game crashed. Now I am stuck in the “cleaning up” loading screen when I try to load the save.

After reading on this forum saying that it was fixed in October, (it’s not), I started a new save seeing that nothing can be done about my 200+ hour saved game. And day 2, I saved the game via a shelter and the same thing happened. I really love this game but I don’t want to play just to have my saved data be lost because of a bug that is known for months and claimed to be fix and has not.

Extremely disappointed and hope this can be resolved with having to delete my whole world to do so.

I was on day 41 when this happened to me. Had my build half way done and everything. Very sad that this happened and they aren’t doing anything about it….

I’m am getting the ‘Cleaning Up’ error again. Previously I had gotten it after a crashed save. Now I am getting it after playing on day 60. I saved successfully and went to world editor to add an island next to me with resources. When I went to log back in after adding the island I am getting the ‘Cleaning Up’ error.

Tried to let it load for 30 minutes with no luck. Also tried to go back to world editor and delete the island I added. Still no luck.

Please help I put so much time into that save, and was preparing to fight the bosses!

How can such a bug, which clearly prevents you from playing, you cannot save otherwise the game crashes and therefore corrupts the save, can last for more than a month and a half? I can’t figure it out, after the interactions bug, this one persists and it looks like nothing has been done.

I have the issue as well since update 2078. (PS4)
Lost 2 Saves to this, one 20 hours, one 2 hours.

I had the “crashing on saving” issue (bluescreen) regulary before the update, like every 2nd to 3rd time I saved. This was my first game about 80+ hours in, heavily build base and raft. Was able to finish it.
Only missing the magnets trophy, cant finish it because of this issue.

I figure it has something to do with dropping Items into deep water (was my prefered method to get rid of unwanted items) - as someone already pointed out in the “crashing on saving” thread.

Today I lost a crate in deep water by accident - switching to knife without room in inventory - swam to shore, saved, game froze - now stuck on cleaning up screen when loading AGAIN.

[Edit: removed angry rant :slight_smile: ]

Glad I brought this game first I couldn’t play it for weeks after an update . Now it won’t load up nevermind fixing the game I want a refund, no where when I was buying it did it say this game is not finished

1 Like

I’ve read what other people have posted and can confirm that after dropping stuff into the ocean hoping to get rid of it. My game crashed mid save, sending the crates in front of me flying into mid explosion then freezing. I wish I would have known this was a problem before I tried to ditch a bunch of yucca fruit into the ocean on my main account of 149 days of survival. I mean I knew the game was buggy and leggy but I still love it. But now knowing any of my saves could just become lost really makes it hard to get into again. I reloaded a save point from day 66 from downloading my online account save… but that’s a looot of stuff gone now

PS5, version 2078, passive fauna, randomized/non-custom island, new save, crashed after saving on a new island.

Immediately after I saved all video froze though sound continued, then video came back for a second and opened the third person view of my character opening a compass I didn’t have in my inventory. Picture was a lot brighter as if the gamma had been boosted. I had to use the PS5 game switcher to quit the game I couldnt bring up the in game menu.

Game will now not load past cleaning up phase, I haven’t tried a new world to see if changing that would help however

Any idea when the dev team will fix this problem obviously this is very annoying can’t even play single player at all

1 Like