[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Loss of interactions

me da a mi que sera mejor ir buscando otro juego ya que este a muerto

And it came back. I did manage to play with no issues for 6 in game days. Visited 3 previously visited islands plus 1 I had not visited before. Was back on home island building a big old house.

Was literally hammering a wall to build it and it glitched right in the middle of doing that (stopped constructing the wall).

It was late so I just turned off the game, but I will make the changes again tonight and see if I get interactions back.

Google Translate

It gives me that it would be better to go looking for another game since it is dead

Sadly, the workaround didn’t work for me.

Hi all!

There’s a huge amount of information here - thank you again to everyone who’s sharing their experiences and what they’ve noticed occuring in their save. I won’t be able to respond to everyone directly but I’ll be going through this information today, passing details onto the team and I’ll also see if I can get any updates for the community too.

Thank you again.

6 Likes

Hi all! (again…)

Once again thank you so much to everyone who has shared details of their experience to help narrow down the cause of this issue. I’m happy to say that the team believe they may have found the cause of the interactions issue and are now working to resolve it. It is believed to be, in part, related to another issue on missing snakes reported by a number of you.

The team also want to thank you for your support and understanding while they continue to work on this. If you’d like to continue sharing details of your experience below, please feel free to so.

11 Likes

I have snakes at least one of my islands. Loss of interactions started nine game days ago. Its have being hard but i will survive

So its been a week now since the update, game is literally unplayable and there is no ETA at all?!?!

How do I and my friend who I talked into buying this game for the Co-op get a refund on our game? (PS4)

Don’t get me wrong, I love the game, am very interested in playing further, but I’m feeling ripped off. I just bought this game a week or so ago and now I can’t play it at all and the Devs basically are silent about the whole thing with no estimate on when, if ever, I can play the game I paid hard earned money for?

1 Like

I think you need to read Clare’s post just above

I saw it… It just says they are aware of the issues and are working on it. The same thing that’s been said for a week now.

Look through the countless bug reports from the past year. Almost all of them simply have a reply from Clare saying ‘The Devs are aware of this bug.’ Fast forward 3/6/9 months and the bugs are not fixed and no further info provided.

There has to be some level of responsibility required by Devs from Sony? I want my money back…

5 Likes

I have noticed that when I swim out in the middle depth areas sometimes I hear a flock of bats… during the day. I will test to see if it’s in the same spot every time. And it seems like the interactions problem is that the interaction point has fallen through the ground and is set at sea level.

ADVICE: Build your stuff low, as close to sea level as possible. Water stills and smoker is accessible. With smoker get near a leg in aim underneath it in a 3D space. It’s below ground as long as you built it low. Water stills are trickier but the collector can be interacted with, you’ll find it if you built it low and do not crouch. Look nearly straight down at the tarp/cloth, if you get the water still prompt your golden. You just want to barely press up on your right stick to the very edge of the water still prompt. Watch for the longer water collector prompt to flash. Then just find the sweet spot where you can get on it. You may need to try different spots. Start where you are standing at the lowest ground level about 1 foot length away and next to a corner post. That’s wher mine is and it is on higher ground.

Only created an account to answer this: Claire, I know what „developers believe to have identified the issue“ usually means. Some users here working in the IT have already correctly noted that returning to the last properly working version would be the „best practice“ solution to go for and I totally agree, as the update made the game unplayable, most likely to all gamers. What is the timeframe you expect a fix to be delivered otherwise? You’re telling people here it seems to be related to another issue with missing snakes, which honestly sounds like speculation to me. I tested something now and can tell you that, from a Save at ingame time 2 am, I waited a few seconds to have the issue appear without doing anything, no interactions, no opening inventory etc. It would re-occure no matter what actions are taken ingame by the player. It has already been mentioned that it seems to depend if items are at sealevel or located in higher places and I agree - There are tides in the game and I suspect that at the ingame time from my test, the sealevel lowers and somehow this causes the issue or is at least connected to the sealevel. Don’t get me wrong, I‘m terribly keen to move on with the game but I‘m not willing to wait for any kind of bugfix as long as you’re not able to communicate at proper timeframe for it to be delivered. Instead you should just accept the fact that the update was not ready to go for productive delivery and roll it back until you can find a proper solution for this mess - you’re currently ruining the game experience to everyone, by that ruining your reputation, to a degree people rightly asking for their money to be returned. Do you really want to hang on to this delay strategy until this escalates further?
BTW I‘ve been able with that test I mentioned to „skip“ the issue by sleeping right before the ingame time it would occur! The ingame time I woke up, I suspect was at a different sealevel and hence I didn’t experience the problem. Another bug I noticed probably related is that when travelling the sea in heavy waves, I saw fishes „hanging“, actually like „flying“ high above sealevel, as if they were items not connected to the waterlevel, because their position seemed fix, not moving with the wave. It might be a different issue but it shows what level of readiness the update has. I asking you if possible by any means, please roll out an update reverting to the last functioning version! I‘m playing on PS4 btw, just started (day 8) short before the update ruined the game for me…

Wow that seems a bit harsh. You do realize a lot of games charge for online expansions. They tried to give it to us free and something went terribly wrong. Nobody is more frustrated than myself… However, I believe you should probably give them a fair chance to resolve this issue. Rome wasn’t built in a day and I don’t expect these people to work beyond their means to create a fix comfortably.

I personally would rather they take the time and fix the issue properly. Would I like to play until then? Absolutely. However, this may have created an issue where simply rolling back the update didn’t correct the issue. Dunno, don’t really care. I’m happy knowing they are trying to fix the free mutiplayer update.

Also it should be noted. The update will probably take a minute passing the console certification to be uploaded for others to download. That usually takes a short while as well.

5 Likes

Thank you for the update, it means a lot to most of us.

4 Likes

On ps4 the giant crab and the giant boar wouldn’t take damage from thrown spears or just by hitting them. If I threw the spear it would go through the boar and do no damage.

Thanks for your comment, agreed regarding the fact that this shouldn’t drive them beyond their limits. Still I believe that it would take the pressure of them if rolling back would be possible, I added this to my post. Regarding multiplayer, if this situation remains for much longer, there will be noone left to join because many will quit playing. Regarding Rome: This isn’t like building up something completely from scratch so a different scenario - I wonder about your opinion which timeframe should players find acceptable for an unplayable game they just lately payed money for, so that’s what I’m actually asking for, would it be acceptable to wait another week? Or 2 weeks? No one knows atm, and that’s where the team has to take a decision about what options they have and what would be the better overall outcome in such a fast moving business, where people simply move to another game and never come back…

1 Like

A bit harsh to expect the game to work?

You said you’d rather they take the time to fix it properly… Yeah… They are supposed to take the time to make sure an update works before they release it. Or, better yet, fix the problems in the existing game before trying to add more. The reply for most of the bugs in this game? ‘workarounds’

Some solutions you can find right here on their offical forums… Try standing still whenever you get to a new island and starring at the sky for a while to prevent game crashes. Don’t look at the island you’re traveling to to avoid game crashes. Don’t put your resources on the ground… but the devs also won’t do the work to let console players have ‘piles’…

Ladder hitmarkers have been broken for over a year? Their solution… Aim for the water, jump, and hope for the best. :roll_eyes:

If anyone else is interested in requesting a refund for the game;
playstation.com/en-us/support/store/ps-store-refund-request/ .

Keep in mind, it is policy for Sony to refuse refunds for digital games after they have been downloaded/Played, this however dose not apply to faulty software.

That being said, if you’ve had the game for two years and played 10,000+ hours, you’re not going to get a refund. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Dunno. Lets hope they certify the emergency pach quick on consoles tho

1 Like

esto no se va a solucionar eso no tengo ninguna duda

You know Clare isnt a dev, right? She can only relay what the devs tell her and afaik isnt getting compensated for managing these forums. So perhaps you would consider being more respectful towards someone who is sincerely trying hard to do what she can for the community instead of taking out your fristration for the devs on her.

3 Likes