[Known Issue][PS4/XB1] Crashing when saving

Hi Clare

Thanks for replying.

I tend to build 1 shelter and 1 water still on every island I visit, I’ve not visited every island yet either.

All islands are currently game generated. I haven’t customised any islands, so far.

The saving crash never actually saves progress before it crashes so when I restart the game and reload it’s actually loading the previous save point, which is frustrating if there’s a large gap between saves and I’ve done loads of stuff on an island. That was actually the reason I started saving the game more frequently but that obviously makes the crash issue happen more often too.

Haven’t saved on raft/water. Always on land and at shelter. I will try swapping to a bedroll for saving and see if that makes a difference.

I’m using Seed #666 for the game world in case something generated within that could be a trigger for the crashing.

Thank you very much for that additional information Rendo84, I will pass this info onto the team.

I’ll also keep an eye out for any additional info from you regarding trying the bedroll.

Thanks again.

@Clare Tried doing the bedroll/sleeping bag saving over the past few days and i still get the crashing issue. I’ve been tracking when the crashes happen and they seem to happen after a certain number of saves. When saving at a Shelter the game crashes on the 3rd save attempt. With a bedroll it crashes on the 5th save attempt.

It doesn’t make any difference either if I try and mix them up and alternate saving between them when I reach or go past the above “magic” number the next save crashes the game - by that I mean if i save 4 times at bedroll and then save at Shelter to try and avoid hitting the 5th save bedroll crash it crashes anyway.

@Rendo84 - Thank you for trying that for me Rendo84. I’m sorry to hear that it hasn’t helped against crashes. I will pass this additional confirmation that your experiences of the different crashes appear to happen in a pattern.

The 3rd crash at a shelter matches other comments I’ve seen before and the crashing using a bedroll on the 5th attempt is good info for the team to have as well as your details on alternate saving.

Thank you again for taking the time to try this and for sharing more of your experience.

Given the position your game is currently in, with this pattern repeating, would you be willing to share a copy of your save with the team so they can look into this further?

Instructions on doing so are in a comment above:

Hi Clare

Just an FYI to say I’ve messaged you about sending across a link to a zip of my game files, in case the message gets lost in all the other DM’s you get.

1 Like