[Known Issue] Lag buildup / performance drops

I know the team are aiming to bring as much as possible from PC over to console, but unfortunately I don’t have any confirmation on piles being ported over or when it might happen at the moment.

When playing in Multiplayer my friend, he is the host and the first I would say 10-15 minutes are fine but after that it begins to lag tremendously. Like I can’t even play and have to restart the whole game to get back in and it do the same thing. I know you don’t have many Devs working on this game but for a game to have this type of lag performance needs to be looked at. I know thing’s like this take awhile to fix because I have experience in coding, but is there a way they can look into this so I can play multiplayer and enjoy the game? By the way we play on PS4.

Hi Joshua10237, sorry for the delay in responding to your message over the holidays. Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience. The team are continuing to work on the lag issue across both single player and multiplayer saves.

Please let me know:

• Are both you and your friend in the same household / on the same connection or separate?
  • What region are you using to connect?
  • How established / old is the save? (Days, amount of items gathered or constructed etc)
  • Are there a lot of loose items on your base island?
  • Does the lag always occur within this time limit or does travelling to another island help extend the amount of time before you need to reload?
  • Have you noticed any desyncs in gameplay when this happens or is it only lag?
  • You mentioned you cannot play, but did not mention your host, does this mean that only you experience the lag on your end but the host is not affected at all?

Both myself and the team understand how frustrating this can be for players and any extra information you can provide about your experience would be greatly appreciated.