Interaction Bug Workarounds?

I was wondering if anyone had any workarounds for the interaction bug? Like any tips on how to fix it? I’ve heard turning off animals makes a difference but doesn’t seem to work for me. Does anyone have any tips at all?

Hello @Chappik

• No real fix, just some tips on how to get some level of interaction. See link above.
  • Yeah, this is not really a solution, it seems to be hit/miss, and for most, it doesn’t work. Doesn’t work for me.
  • Just the ones mentioned above. Basically, I’ve had success accessing the interaction on items if I get right on top of it and crouch. Sometimes I have to be fast because it doesn’t always stay there.
  1. For saving; you can go to the back of the shelter and look down. If that doesn’t work, crouch while going to the back of it.
  2. For water still; go to the back of it and look down at the edge of it.
  3. For Yucca; find the very edge of the plant and crouch, looking around it until you see the interaction. It is a very small touch point. This is the same for Fibrous leaves, but much harder with smaller interaction point.

Basically, it takes some doing, but if you’re desperate, it can be done. Otherwise, do what most of us are doing and just wait for the update, which is forthcoming.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Very helpful thankyou. I just hope they fix this soon as I’m a new player and want to be able to get stuff done :slight_smile:

1 Like

FIX AND REASONING FOR INTERACTION BUG! (PS4)
Reasoning: if you go to setting and click “apply” before changing any settings, this can cause interaction bug.
FIX: Pause then go to main menu. Go to options and change POV and clouds ( third to first, on to off and vice versa works anyway.) Then load back in and you can change any settings you want and it should be fixed!! PS4
(Works for me consistently, may not work for others)

1 Like

FIX AND REASONING FOR INTERACTION BUG! (PS4)
Reasoning: if you go to setting and click “apply” before changing any settings, this can cause interaction bug.
FIX: Pause then go to main menu. Go to options and change POV and clouds ( third to first, on to off and vice versa works anyway.) Then load back in and you can change any settings you want( fixed as you load in) and it should be fixed. Reply and like if this worked for you

Sadly this doesn’t work for me in any combination. Glad it works for you.

Drop your paddle on the ground (then pick it up) on every island upon arrival. This seems to reset the bug. Keep doing it intermittently especially before saving.

Made the game playable and has continued to work. No other fix worked for me.

This doesn’t fix the problem in any way, but I have found that most things are accessible low down, crouch and look down and you can still pick up, save etc