Just building a raft out of different elements is great. However, something more is missing as the game progresses.
The base of the raft can be built from sticks, tires, barrels and buoys. However, it cannot be made of planks or corrugated steel. I mean the possibility of creating the base of the raft in the form of floats, others in the middle of the raft, others at the ends (pointed). Like boats are built.
There is also no possibility of connecting the raft bases with a regular deck. Two floats on the sides and a connection in the middle without a base (like a catamaran). This would be very useful in exploring islands where we constantly come across underwater rocks.
In addition to the sail that is in play, another, larger one, only for large rafts, would be good. A larger sail should increase sailing speed . In addition, white cloth for sails.
I think a few more additions just for the raft are worth considering:
- sea compass
- a detachable / pinning long rope with hooks at the ends
- hooks for attaching a long rope (then the long rope can be used as a tow rope)
- net with a hook for items (facilitating the transport of barrels, tires, etc.)
- suspended net for items (fewer shelves blocking the view)
- low containers with high load capacity (better visibility again)
- metal anchor
Adding even just a part of the suggestions will enrich and make the gameplay more attractive.