Good method for hauling barrels/tires for crafting?

I was just curious if anyone had come up with a good way to transport barrels/tires/buoys from island to island for crafting a better raft. I want to make a larger raft that it less likely to tip over, but moving barrels or tires one at a time is super time consuming. As I’m sure you all know. Hoping someone had a better idea for gathering enough parts together.
Thanks!

1 Like

Have been wondering the same too.

I was going to craft them in to a raft base straight away and attach to my current raft to move to a different island, then break it up once back at my main island. But I’d read people having issues breaking off raft pieces and I’m not sure if you get all tyres back when you break the base.

If your harvesting is maxed out. You can hook them to the end of your raft with no top. Sail back to your island then destroy them. If you maxed out your harvesting, you should be able to have all 3 barrels, 2 tires, etc. If the harvesting is not maxed you will only get a fraction of that back. Example, if you are like around half way maxed on harvesting, you might only get 2 barrels when you destroy them off your raft.

1 Like

I haven’t seen a way to hook them to the end of my raft. The last time that I tried to destroy them off of the second raft I had built, I only got one tire back instead of two. That may have been due to my harvesting level at the time. I am on day 130 now and have it maxed, so I will give it another try.

Thanks!

Depending on the size of your raft, you can put these on your raft taking into account the physics of the game. The larger the raft, the more you can put on it.

I loaded an old save to take these screenshots and show how this can be done on a relatively crude raft.

Of course, you take your chances when you do this, but I have done this successfully on many ocasions

1 Like

That’s awesome, MEF. I’m trying to get enough stuff to one place to build larger rafts. Kelly was right about the harvesting skill. I disassembled two smaller rafts that I had and was able to recover the resources this time. That made it much easier to solve my problem now. Thanks!